P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We have had a good day, coach trip to Laxly in morning to see the wheel and a mooch through the village, not much there but it is interesting reading about the zinc mining. We then moved on to Ramsey where we had three hours to do our own thing, we were not over impressed with the place but they had a Costa. We came back over the mountains using part of the TT mountain stage of the track. It was like driving over the Pennines especially with the heather coming into flower.                                                                               After dinner we decided to walk down the prom into Douglas central, our hotel is at the north end of town so it is a fair hike. The wharf area was buzzing with everyone sat outside the pubs enjoying the warm summer evening. There was live music on at the RNLI club which was heaving. By the time we got back to the hotel we had been walking for two hours at a good pace.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

The weather looks good next week. Shall we pop down to Gunwharf. ...OK dear, shall we take a picnic?. OK, we can have that before we look in the Michael korrs shop....got me again.😂

Michael Kors definitely first and last stops.  They may change their stock in-between 🤣

• Like 2

If there are any experts out there, I need some help to get my Chrome passwords working on my new phone. I managed fairly easily on a new tablet some 6 months ago, but after dozens of attempts on this new phone, I am stumped.
Sync is on but the new phone is not recognising the existing passwords, only the odd new one I have input on the new phone, although when I dig deep on Settings they are listed, but not when using chrome.

The 'smartswtich' also did not copy over the bookmarks, but maybe like passwords its assumed these will be available in your browser, but again they ain't.

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If there are any experts out there, I need some help to get my Chrome passwords working on my new phone. I managed fairly easily on a new tablet some 6 months ago, but after dozens of attempts on this new phone, I am stumped.
Sync is on but the new phone is not recognising the existing passwords, only the odd new one I have input on the new phone, although when I dig deep on Settings they are listed, but not when using chrome.

The 'smartswtich' also did not copy over the bookmarks, but maybe like passwords its assumed these will be available in your browser, but again they ain't.

It might be worth having all new passwords John.

When clearing chrome history saved passwords can easily be erased.

Last time I changed my phone I got the phone shop who my contract is with to transfer everything from my old phone to my new phone.

Good morning.

It is sunny and 13.C here. Not a lot planned ,may watch some of the Olympics but 

I am finding them hard work as you can get 3 folk sat in a studio just chatting for 

30 mins or more 15 mins actual event and back to the studio for more chat.

If the weather stays like this may sit in the shade in garden and watch the world go by .

Hope you all have a good day and take care .

• Like 9

Morning all,

A nice bright sunny day at 14c at present with an expected high of 20c😊 and no wind/breeze which makes a nice change.

No plans for today, am thinking of BBQ this afternoon if it is as warm as predicted.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

• Like 11

On 7/26/2024 at 10:56 PM, Snow Hill said:

The best was held to last, the stunning light show from the Eiffel Tower, Rafa’s broad smile as he took the torch from Zinedine Zidane, the approach to the Louvre and the wow moment of lighting the flame in the form of a hot air balloon and the view across Paris.

We have both said it’s time for a return visit to Paris as it’s been 40+ years since Inwas there and 30+ for my wife. To far away when we are in Brittany in few weeks, so perhaps a Eurostar trip later. 

Brittany is gorgeous! Enjoy.

I keep saying we must go to Paris again!

• Like 3

Morning all, looks like a hot one today. John’s weekend to work 😢

I didn’t feel great yesterday, can’t explain it, really really tired. Feel better today though so I’m planning to enjoy the garden and when John gets home we’re going to visit Mum.

Have a good day all.

• Like 12

Looks like we are in. for a lovely sunny day...hopefully with out the torrential cloudburst that happened yesterday

Today we are doing a " behind the scenes" tour of Morecambe' s Winter Gardens theatre which was " abandoned " many years ago and is now being renovated slowly...very very slowly...back to it's original glory.

While we are there in resort we will go and say hello to the Morecambe & Wise statue on the promenade. 

• Like 12

Glorious start to the day so awake early.  All Roses and geraniums successfully deadhead by 7.30am while my husband was out swimming.  Planning a lazy day sitting out now that the work is done.  

Yesterday we went to the cinema to see Despicable Me 4 - I do love a Minion - which was our first visit to a screen since before the pandemic.  Apart from a somewhat shocking bag search for hidden sweets and drinks it was a nice way to spend the late afternoon, particularly as Odeon are offering all tickets for £5.00 if you book on-line.

We will watch the Olympic swimming finals today as my husband is still very much involved with the sport however the rest will be avoided like the plague.  Whilst appreciating many are loving this sport overload, for some who do not have Internet or satellite television it is a very bad experience.  Very sadly we have a friend in her 80's who is in her last few months due to incurable lung cancer and watching television is her main pleasure at the moment. Her daughter said yesterday trying to find anything for her mum to watch that doesn't involve people chasing or hitting balls, jumping off boards into water or riding bikes like mad men is proving exceptionally difficult. 

Enough of the moans however, tomorrow I pack for my Italian trip on Thursday and can look forward to escaping to beautiful scenery, blue skies and sea with history, art and culture to divert me away from the sport fest.  

• Like 12

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, looks like a hot one today. John’s weekend to work 😢

I didn’t feel great yesterday, can’t explain it, really really tired. Feel better today though so I’m planning to enjoy the garden and when John gets home we’re going to visit Mum.

Have a good day all.

How is you Mum now Sue?

Avril

• Like 3

Morning all

A lovely sunny morning here 18° at the moment predicted to get up to 24° this afternoon.

Nothing planned except a lazy afternoon reading in the garden and hoping that no-one decides to call round to see us.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

How is you Mum now Sue?

Avril

She’s ok thanks, I’ve had 3 or 4 calls this week re minor falls but no hospital admissions so fingers crossed that continues.

The Home have a facebook page so it’s nice to see what she’s up to! Yesterday she was painting a tree decoration for their summer party next month!

This was my view a little while ago but the blissful silence was broken by my neighbour playing music so I’ve come in! 

IMG_1557.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and 13.C here. Not a lot planned ,may watch some of the Olympics but 

I am finding them hard work as you can get 3 folk sat in a studio just chatting for 

30 mins or more 15 mins actual event and back to the studio for more chat.

If the weather stays like this may sit in the shade in garden and watch the world go by .

Hope you all have a good day and take care .

Yes. BBC coverage is mainly studio talk and repeated events. Better coverage on other channels.

• Like 4

Good afternoon.

We were early in church today.

It is Pauline's lovely late dad's 16th memory tomorrow so our vicar read out his memory today during prayers.

We had a nice lunch afterwards.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

IMG_20240728_094550.jpg

IMG_20240728_120057.jpg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Brittany is gorgeous! Enjoy.

I keep saying we must go to Paris again!

We haven't been for a while either. I wonder if they did a pre Olympic clean up after the dogs.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Yes. BBC coverage is mainly studio talk and repeated events. Better coverage on other channels.

We switched to Eurosport this morning and found they were showing the swimming, whereas the Beeb was concentrating on Gymnastics, and then ping pong!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

The 'smartswtich' also did not copy over the bookmarks, but maybe like passwords it’s assumed these will be available in your browser, but again they ain't.

I never save passwords or other details to my browser due the security risk. I use a password manager which stores my passwords and other details, I have one password or pass phrase for the Password Manager, don’t need to remember individual passwords, can also add Two factor authentication for additional security.

On my phone I use the password manager available on the phone which uses my fingerprint or alternatively facial recognition to access passwords. 

https://uk.pcmag.com/password-managers/145831/warning-dont-let-google-manage-your-passwords

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We haven't been for a while either. I wonder if they did a pre Olympic clean up after the dogs.

The Mayor of Paris was said that compulsory DNA registration of dogs may be need to resolve the issue, that way sample of dog poo can checked and the owner of the dog identified, fined and pay for the cost of the test. Already being trialed in few French cities. 

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We switched to Eurosport this morning and found they were showing the swimming, whereas the Beeb was concentrating on Gymnastics, and then ping pong!!!

Did you check the Olympic streams on iPlayer or the red button.

The broadcast rights owner, Discovery + will have priority, other broadcasters will have their ability to show certain events on broadcast channels restricted. 

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Glorious start to the day so awake early.  All Roses and geraniums successfully deadhead by 7.30am while my husband was out swimming.  Planning a lazy day sitting out now that the work is done.  

Yesterday we went to the cinema to see Despicable Me 4 - I do love a Minion - which was our first visit to a screen since before the pandemic.  Apart from a somewhat shocking bag search for hidden sweets and drinks it was a nice way to spend the late afternoon, particularly as Odeon are offering all tickets for £5.00 if you book on-line.

We will watch the Olympic swimming finals today as my husband is still very much involved with the sport however the rest will be avoided like the plague.  Whilst appreciating many are loving this sport overload, for some who do not have Internet or satellite television it is a very bad experience.  Very sadly we have a friend in her 80's who is in her last few months due to incurable lung cancer and watching television is her main pleasure at the moment. Her daughter said yesterday trying to find anything for her mum to watch that doesn't involve people chasing or hitting balls, jumping off boards into water or riding bikes like mad men is proving exceptionally difficult. 

Enough of the moans however, tomorrow I pack for my Italian trip on Thursday and can look forward to escaping to beautiful scenery, blue skies and sea with history, art and culture to divert me away from the sport fest.  

Your Italian trip sounds good.

I hope you have an amazing time.

• Thanks 1

Currently being entertained by the England Cricket Team, first Mark Wood single handedly end the West Indies inning in 50 mins after lunch with a spell of 5 for 9 from 6 overs, now we have Ben Stokes opening after Zak Crawley went to hospital for a scan on a finger, who is 8 runs away from 50, most scored in boundaries. England need 82 to win.

• Like 1