P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Having been spoiled by having free laundry on Princess I was wondering if P&O have a laundry service, I am happy to pay because I don't want to waste my time on board doing laundry if I can avoid it.

The threatened thunder didn't arrive over night but it has rained heavily so the water butts will have been topped up.  It is very grey this morning and only 17° with a slight chance of rain.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6

A cloudy morning here, no apparent sign of any overnight rain, currently 18 C

August 1, White Rabbit always reminds me of the Jefferson Airplane song of the same name.

Only a few weeks until we are off to Brittany looking forward to it, it’s a part of France we love, plus we have a couple of Friends who live there, so we will visit them. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇.

Wishing everyone Good Luck in this new month.

15°F and cloudy.

I hope everyone is well and you all have a lovely day.

15°C this morning.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

A cloudy morning here, no apparent sign of any overnight rain, currently 18 C

August 1, White Rabbit always reminds me of the Jefferson Airplane song of the same name.

Only a few weeks until we are off to Brittany looking forward to it, it’s a part of France we love, plus we have a couple of Friends who live there, so we will visit them. 

My new found uncle Brian has lived there for 20 years since he retired as a BT engineer.

• Like 4

A little heads up from our recent cruise.For those who have not many pages left on their passport like us due to our to and froing to Italy.The Greek islands don't  require your passport when on a cruise.Don't know about mainland EU ports though.Brian.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, brian1 said:

A little heads up from our recent cruise.For those who have not many pages left on their passport like us due to our to and froing to Italy.The Greek islands don't  require your passport when on a cruise.Don't know about mainland EU ports though.Brian.

Funny you should mention passports. One of our daughters is applying for a passport

for there youngest first passport. She has had to get all four grandparents birth

certificates to send off with the application. Her two eldest had a passport sent 

without doing this,think we just gave our details and our passport numbers.

Morning everyone, on the 1st of August we have got heavy rain showers as expected

this morning .Well at least that's the garden plants watered, so can sit back and watch

the grass grow.

Have a good day everyone  🙂

• Like 9

Morning to you all.

Had a very disturbed night last night. It rained very heavily, (again not forecast)  so had to get up and shut the bedroom window, and then at 2am was woken by engineering work going on, on the train line opposite the house. 

Another bright sunny day and currently 18c, although we do have a breeze which will keep it cooler.

Expecting my daughter and granddaughters to call in later, but again nothing planned.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day.

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

White Rabbit 🐇. August already.

Time to simmer those sprouts for Christmas and dress up in a Halloween mask

and go knocking door to door tonight as you get a better reaction from folk .

Last night my mate Barry was having a can of beer and on the side of the can 

it read "Best drunk before August 2024"  .

He has phoned the brewery and thanked them for such kind words about him 🙃

image.jpeg.117a093492cebb094b7917842943eb48.jpeg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

DH just tested positive for you know what today😚 It means it will be even longer before we can visit our eldest daughter. She has severe MS and is under paliative care. She is not very well at all but we just can't chance it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

We did a med cruise in April. Only Italy wanted to see our passport,  but didn't stamp it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

@delgirl I’m sorry to hear that. How are you now?

Still testing positive but I am feeling fine. Honestly expected it to be negative this morning as I was only feeling poorly sunday/monday.

• Like 3

Sorry to read about more cases, there do seem to be a lot, but mainly just feeling slightly unwell.  Still infectious, of course, and not to be risked by anyone with a poor immune system.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, delgirl said:

DH just tested positive for you know what today😚 It means it will be even longer before we can visit our eldest daughter. She has severe MS and is under paliative care. She is not very well at all but we just can't chance it.

Sorry to read this, hope he feels better soon.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to read this, hope he feels better soon.

So do I. We both have cancer so I have got away with it lightly. Hopefully he will also. Just got a frog in his throat at the moment which is how I started.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear you have both not been well, hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes to your daughter too, hope you can visit her soon

Michelle

• Like 7

After yesterday’s charging error, I cut the hedge this morning whilst it was in the shade of my neighbours tree.Finished the job including clearing up just as the sun appeared over top of tree. Now around 26C and quite humid. 

Edited by Snow Hill
Predictive text error
  • Like 3

So do I. We both have cancer so I have got away with it lightly. Hopefully he will also. Just got a frog in his throat at the moment which is how I started.

Did you use a new test kit, or an old one from the pandemic era. We have some old ones left but I wonder if they are still accurate?