P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Another warm sunny day here, I have spent most of it sitting in the garden reading, that was after a visit to the tip with all the waste cut back from the climbing roses which have been magnificent but sadly fading now. We also visited our old next door neighbour who is 80 today.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm originally from Staines in Middlesex and Dad's job bought us to Yorkshire in 1959. One of the best things he did was to bring me to this wonderful part of England.

Avril 

Congrats on being a Yorkshire lass for 65 years and living proof that Yorkshire puds

can remove Staines 😍🙃🤣

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Mine is already - my second great granddaughter has just been born!

image.jpeg.d2f8e3bc97afcf10fe422d6b8e32ee1b.jpeg          Great News For ALL Your Family  😃

😃CONGRATS.gif.3a56278aceca8028011044a0c1dd8527.gif😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, kalos said:

Congrats on being a Yorkshire lass for 65 years and living proof that Yorkshire puds

can remove Staines 😍🙃🤣

Brilliant kalos absolutely brilliant one of your best

🤣🤣🤣

I'm still laughing

Avril

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, kalos said:

can remove Staines 😍🙃🤣

image.jpeg.d2f8e3bc97afcf10fe422d6b8e32ee1b.jpeg          Great News For ALL Your Family  😃

😃CONGRATS.gif.3a56278aceca8028011044a0c1dd8527.gif😃

I used to deal with a company called Siemans that had offices in Staines. 

Always made me laugh at how they answered the phone... 

Good afternoon... Sieman Staines😂

• Haha 13

A very good morning from a very hot and beautiful Italy.  I hope everyone is well. 

Many congratulations to lincslady and her family on the arrival of their beautiful baby girl.  Sending wishes to her for a life full of unicorns, rainbows and happiness.

My husband reported to me overnight that Dutch Decoy ran a great race at Goodwood yesterday to finish second at 20/1. Clearly I should leave the country more often as it seems to have spurred him on to his best result for some time! 

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and the warm weather continues for your enjoyment and edification. Myself I'm going to be lazy and sit in the garden of olives and lemon trees at the hotel which I found late yesterday afternoon. 

20240802_122201.jpg

20240802_122204.jpg

• Like 19

Morning, 17c damp and grey here this morning and rained overnight, as forecast. I normally wake at around 7.30 but the last few mornings it’s been 5.30 to 6.00 but I seem to be ok on 5 hours sleep 😴

The birds are ‘eating us out of house and home’ at the moment, we’ve got through 6kg of nyger seeds in the last 3 weeks. We have regularly had 6 Goldfinches visiting our feeders but now they bring their offspring so it’s 12 to 15 but they are lovely to watch out of our lounge window. Lots of blue and great tits as well on the peanuts, I think with the decline of natural food they rely more on feeders all year round not just in the winter months. I walk past many empty feeders in the summer when the birds could do with extra feeder stations..

• Like 7

A pleasant 14° at the moment and forecast to get up to 19° later but it looks like we had some rain overnight so good for the garden and the water butts.

Nothing much planned today other than a trip to Stone Farmers Market when DH manages to get.  No bowling match today so I may go to watch our 2nd team as they have a match and are at home.

Have a great day everyone whatever you do.

• Like 7

Just arrived home from a wonderful week away at Bolton Le Sands...only an hour's drive from were we live so we go there many times a year for a week' s stay. Certainly the highlight of this week's visit was the " behind the scenes" tour of Morecambe's Winter Gardens theatre. Washer on...weather...mmmm...hopefully will improve from this overcast start. 

Great times to everyone 

• Like 9

Morning everyone,

Rain overnight, forecast this time, and a cool 16c with an expected 19c later.

Busy day today. My daughter is having her engagement party at my son's house. My son has already collected the BBQ and as we couldn't get into my car he wheeled it home. He said he got quite a few strange looks on the way. He sent me a text when he got home saying he would be the number one suspect if anyone reports a stolen BBQ, and he made the joke that he didn't have a dog so was taking the BBQ for a walk instead🙃. Need to sort out more serving plates, dishes, cutlery, etc and take them over. It feels as though half my house is being borrowed!

One of my other daughter's has arrived to do some baking, why she can't use her house I don't know😕. Fingers crossed it stays dry.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone,

Rain overnight, forecast this time, and a cool 16c with an expected 19c later.

Busy day today. My daughter is having her engagement party at my son's house. My son has already collected the BBQ and as we couldn't get into my car he wheeled it home. He said he got quite a few strange looks on the way. He sent me a text when he got home saying he would be the number one suspect if anyone reports a stolen BBQ, and he made the joke that he didn't have a dog so was taking the BBQ for a walk instead🙃. Need to sort out more serving plates, dishes, cutlery, etc and take them over. It feels as though half my house is being borrowed!

One of my other daughter's has arrived to do some baking, why she can't use her house I don't know😕. Fingers crossed it stays dry.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Congratulations to your daughter on her engagement today.

16°C and sunny here.

I hope everyone is well and you all have a pleasant day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I used to deal with a company called Siemans that had offices in Staines. 

Always made me laugh at how they answered the phone... 

Good afternoon... Sieman Staines😂

We were in a posh hotel in Italy. We got in the 'elevator' with some Americans. I said.. Ah, Schindlers lift...They thought it was quite amusing.

• Haha 3

Good morning everyone, hope you are all well today.

It’s a mixture of sun and cloud here today and definitely feels cooler than earlier in the week.

I have just been to the gym  while hubby is decorating the hallway.

Purplesea, have a great time atvthe engagement party

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner last night.

Parsnip soup and Fillet steak.

I hope everyone is having a nice day.

IMG_20240802_181828.jpg

IMG_20240802_183328.jpg

Popped into Mcdonalds for a quick lunch. I had a happy meal.

20240803_135345.jpg

• Haha 5