P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 hours ago, zap99 said:

Wearing tongs in the hot tub?. I've seen that quite a lot on NCL ships ( no snobbishness intended).😁

Wearing TONGS,sounds like one those hedonism cruises.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

We spoke to the family via Zoom yesterday.It was a conference call with 5 screens showing at once.Brilliant tech.

This old lady has only just mastered facetime. I was feeling quite proud of myself until 2 minutes ago 😜 😆. Hope all's well Brian. I understand you're lockdown has been extended. It's all just guesswork for us at the moment. No-one wants to commit.  Stay well.

Avril 

24 minutes ago, brian1 said:

We spoke to the family via Zoom yesterday.It was a conference call with 5 screens showing at once.Brilliant tech.

We've used that as well.  First time for me.  We've even "met" extended family in the USA for the first time!

Saved money as well.  Had a couple of conference calls on friends birthdays.  No paying money to Wetherspoons and no taxi home!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We've used that as well.  First time for me.  We've even "met" extended family in the USA for the first time!

Saved money as well.  Had a couple of conference calls on friends birthdays.  No paying money to Wetherspoons and no taxi home!

Maybe you could set one up with the Wetherspoons  pub landlord . I bet he's missing you by now . :classic_wink: :classic_biggrin:

Not such a good day here at the moment. We've had to give in and put the heating on. Never mind,  the forecast for the rest of the week looks promising though and it's also nice to see that Boris out of hospital. 

I think I'm going to do some baking today, otherwise I shall just sit around feeling sorry for myself and that's just not on. Now what to bake? 

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

This old lady has only just mastered facetime. I was feeling quite proud of myself until 2 minutes ago 😜 😆. Hope all's well Brian. I understand you're lockdown has been extended. It's all just guesswork for us at the moment. No-one wants to commit.  Stay well.

Avril 

My OH sorts it,I just take all the glory here,lol.3rd May here but we are 2 weeks ahead of you,so UK could be later.We have a flight back booked for the 20th May,might let that go,we feel safer here at the moment,cheers,stay well too,Brian.

Edited by brian1

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

The Southend Wetherspoons is better than our one in Hornchurch.Hope you get to go back there soon.

On 4/10/2020 at 3:17 PM, AndyMichelle said:

Just watching Carry on Cruising... Hilarious 

Andy 

Great film, hilarious, so old it's in black and white yet still relevant. When we watch it we look at some of the characters and say things such as "He's just like that bloke on we saw on Oceana........."

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Great film, hilarious, so old it's in black and white yet still relevant. When we watch it we look at some of the characters and say things such as "He's just like that bloke on we saw on Oceana........."

Out TV showed it in colour. If you give yours a bang it may be ok. Failing that try turning it off and on again. That often works.😁

Edited by zap99
Spellcheck
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Out TV showed it in colour. If you give yours a bang it may be ok. Failing that try turning it off and on again. That often works.😁

My mistake, must have still had my sunglasses on 😎

Edited by DamianG
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DamianG said:

My mistake, must have still had my sunglasses on 😎

Sometimes I watch an old music video on utube from the 60's and think " I'm sure when I saw that band they were in colour'.🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Our favourite film and then there is Keeping Up Appearances when Hyacinth goes on the QE2 ! Just brilliant … wish we could find it !

We spoke about this just before our last cruise and, lo and behold, keeping up Appearances was the only thing playing on the crap TV in the cabin... 

Very funny. 

Andy 

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Not such a good day here at the moment. We've had to give in and put the heating on. Never mind,  the forecast for the rest of the week looks promising though and it's also nice to see that Boris out of hospital. 

I think I'm going to do some baking today, otherwise I shall just sit around feeling sorry for myself and that's just not on. Now what to bake? 

Avril 

IMG-20200413-WA0000.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Our favourite film and then there is Keeping Up Appearances when Hyacinth goes on the QE2 ! Just brilliant … wish we could find it !

Try season 4 episode 8, it’s on U-tube. It’s called Sea Fever. Enjoy 😀

• Like 1