P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Changing the subject, we have binge watched "The Bridge" series 3, over the last couple of nights (scandi noir crime thriller). Having just watched the last episode, we are so confused that we think we might need to watch the whole 10 hours again.  Anyone else had the same problem?

As an aside, I think Saga Norén is my favourite TV detective after the great Andy Sipowicz in NYPD Blue. 

Is that the one where she parks her car on the bridge in the last episode and throws her police badge into the sea?

53 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

I think me brains going today...   probably still half asleep.     I ready this, and read it again and then again, I just didn't get it... suddenly the penny dropped and now I can't stop laughing.

Thank you

I see you (ICU)   have woken up happy ,thats a good start to the day :classic_wink:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Thanks.  I've just read the Denofgeek precis. It's pretty good, but a bit like condensing War and Peace into a single page! 

I think that perhaps some of the attraction of series like The Bridge, is the complexity of the plot,  red herrings etc, so to completely understand it would be, ironically,  disappointing.  Which could of course be applied to various other genres, such as The Wasteland, or Waiting for Godot.

Sounds like a good subject for a thesis!

A series finale is often left open to interpretation, we watched The Sopranos earlier this year and I have no idea whether they lived happily ever after, or if the suspicious characters in the diner were a hit team about to kill them.

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

I think me brains going today...   probably still half asleep.     I ready this, and read it again and then again, I just didn't get it... suddenly the penny dropped and now I can't stop laughing.

Thank you

Wakey Wakey,!!!!! and a very good morning to you.

Eventually🤣

Avril

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

I see you (ICU)   have woken up happy ,thats a good start to the day :classic_wink:

Well my day began with a terrible shock, and I couldn't jump off the scales fast enough. Won't be doing that again in a hurry😲Phew!! 

On the plus side though(pun intended😉) I've just put my order in for our usual turkey crown and gammon for Christmas delivery from Asda, so that's a relief. They don't have much of a selection this year though, I wonder if that's because of the buy-out or covid.

Avril

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

If Jamie is in the dance off I hope that he is the one to go regardless of who the other person is because he came across as really irritating.  I want Jackie to stay because poor Anton always ( with the exception of last year ) gets one of the worst dancers and he tries his hardest to pull them through.  I think that Maisie was brilliant.  I will be glued to the TV tonight 💃 

We had planned to be driving to Southampton today to go to the Canaries for our anniversary cruise and now it looks like that we may be in lockdown instead.  😢

We would have been driving down to Southampton as I write to pick up Ventura sailing to the Canaries this afternoon. The sea may be fairly choppy this afternoon but that is no consolation. ☹️

10 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Haven't watched it, but are these links any good? 

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-bridge-season-3-recap/

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2015/dec/19/bridge-recap-series-three-episodes-nine-10-call-it-love

We've used these sites quite a lot to try to make sure we've got the right end of the stick or to try to unravel complicated plot twists and work out how characters are connected/motives etc. for such as Line of Duty, Medici etc when I've been a bit confused sometimes about how things fit together.  Den of Geek seems to do the Netflix series we've watched like Ozark and Breaking Bad.  We find both are well written and provide an interesting read in any event.  I just Google eg Line of Duty Series X episode X or whatever and they pop up. I've pulled up the last episode, if that's the right series/episode. 

If you liked Breaking Bad, have you tried Better Call Saul?  It’s a kind of prequal to Breaking Bad. It took a while for me to get into, but it is very good.

We are currently watching Schitt’s Creek, which is a good ensemble piece. It might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m finding it amusing, and the characters have really grown on me 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well my day began with a terrible shock, and I couldn't jump off the scales fast enough. Won't be doing that again in a hurry😲Phew!! 

On the plus side though(pun intended😉) I've just put my order in for our usual turkey crown and gammon for Christmas delivery from Asda, so that's a relief. They don't have much of a selection this year though, I wonder if that's because of the buy-out or covid.

Avril

Dont worry Avril , all you need is a diet instructor :classic_smile: You could ask Brian ,his diet looks good for keeping slim ..

Losing weight ? ....  A piece of cake , if you ask him . :classic_unsure::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Scales are best avoided this year......

My Aunt had speaking scales as she was registered blind. They occasionally went wrong and added several stone and they then announced to the whole street that she weighed 15 stone! X

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Scales are best avoided this year......

My Aunt had speaking scales as she was registered blind. They occasionally went wrong and added several stone and they then announced to the whole street that she weighed 15 stone! X

I once read about a prisoner who wanted to lose weight to fit into smaller clothes?

Last I heard, he was still at large.:classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We would have been driving down to Southampton as I write to pick up Ventura sailing to the Canaries this afternoon. The sea may be fairly choppy this afternoon but that is no consolation. ☹️

We could have had our own little stokie convoy 🚗🚗

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

If you liked Breaking Bad, have you tried Better Call Saul?  It’s a kind of prequal to Breaking Bad. It took a while for me to get into, but it is very good.

We are currently watching Schitt’s Creek, which is a good ensemble piece. It might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m finding it amusing, and the characters have really grown on me 

With you on Schitt’s Creek. Picked up on it late, after all those awards. Rarely use Netflix, but we’ve started at Series 1 with it, though I think it’s now somewhere on Freeview too. E4 maybe?

Spitting Image on Britbox too, but it’s lacking something.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It's on the list.  A friend who is a bit of a Netflix aficionado got us started with his recommendations.  We've really enjoyed Breaking Bad - finished the last episode of Series 4 last night and my goodness what a finale!  We've just got the last series to watch now - I'm torn between wanting to plough on to see what happens and wanting to put the brakes on so it doesn't finish too soon! 😀 

Yes, thanks for the tip, I understand Better Call Saul is a prequel so we'll enjoy that and it will soften the disappointment of finishing Breaking Bad.  It's so well written though isn't it?  The subtle shift of Hank's moral compass - I couldn't help but gasp at the final shot last night of his terrace (won't say more in case anyone is behind me in watching and would be a spoiler.)  We've also been told to watch El Camino at the end.  It's a follow up (film only) based on Jesse.  

Narco is another on my list - a similar genre and I've heard of Schitt's Creek so I'll add that too.  Good to have plenty in reserve what with the winter nights and current situation!  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

It's on the list.  A friend who is a bit of a Netflix aficionado got us started with his recommendations.  We've really enjoyed Breaking Bad - finished the last episode of Series 4 last night and my goodness what a finale!  We've just got the last series to watch now - I'm torn between wanting to plough on to see what happens and wanting to put the brakes on so it doesn't finish too soon! 😀 

Yes, thanks for the tip, I understand Better Call Saul is a prequel so we'll enjoy that and it will soften the disappointment of finishing Breaking Bad.  It's so well written though isn't it?  The subtle shift of Hank's moral compass - I couldn't help but gasp at the final shot last night of his terrace (won't say more in case anyone is behind me in watching and would be a spoiler.)  We've also been told to watch El Camino at the end.  It's a follow up (film only) based on Jesse.  

Narco is another on my list - a similar genre and I've heard of Schitt's Creek so I'll add that too.  Good to have plenty in reserve what with the winter nights and current situation!  

We saw El Camino, and Narcos is on my list. It’s a very long list. Which is just as well, as there’s not much on BBC and ITV at the moment. I think they are running out of programmes due to lockdown.

Ratched is another good one, based on Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.

The next series of The Crown is out on 15th November and I’ve got great anticipation for that. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

With you on Schitt’s Creek. Picked up on it late, after all those awards. Rarely use Netflix, but we’ve started at Series 1 with it, though I think it’s now somewhere on Freeview too. E4 maybe?

Tried Spitting Image... 

It was dreadful... 

Andy 

40 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

We’re on series 5 now. I love how the characters have developed from the beginning. We were trying to ration our viewing, to make it last longer, but we’re on full on binge watching now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

I wouldn't have bothered Pete, the weather down here is shocking, sail away would have been terrible, you are better off at home.. 😊

Andy 

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

🤣

Thank you

It is Kalos who should take the credit as he posted this brilliant joke.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Tried Spitting Image... 

It was dreadful... 

Andy 

I was trying to be kind, but I know what you mean. Too much geared towards America and celebrities, and some pretty weak writing. The lead writer is apparently American, which might explain a lot. Still watching, still hoping, but it’s got a way to go.

11 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We’re on series 5 now. I love how the characters have developed from the beginning. We were trying to ration our viewing, to make it last longer, but we’re on full on binge watching now. 

Still just 3 episodes in - not a lot of time. As you said earlier, though, The Crown should be good.

Sky Arts, PBS America and Smithsonian are all on Freeview now - yet more choices. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I wouldn't have bothered Pete, the weather down here is shocking, sail away would have been terrible, you are better off at home.. 😊

Andy 

Thanks Andy. I knew I could rely on you to cheer me up. 🥴

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I was trying to be kind, but I know what you mean. Too much geared towards America and celebrities, and some pretty weak writing. The lead writer is apparently American, which might explain a lot. Still watching, still hoping, but it’s got a way to go.

Unusually for me Harry, I just didn't get the supposed humour. 

Too cringey and crude, even for my liking.. 

Andy 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

We are off to the New Forest for a couple of nights tomorrow. Weather looks dreadful, but as it's probably our last trip away before we get locked down again, we will make the best of it.😎

• Like 2