P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

A cool bright, sunny morning here.  Not a lot planned other than the school run and then out to look for some clothes in preparation for our next cruise now that it is creeping up on us.

My S-i-L has just text to ask when DH and I are free to meet up with her and her son.

So 2 nice things to look forward to.

• Like 12

Bright and sunny day that promises to reach 18.c,so Mrs K will be on the 

lawnmower .  Me I will be on supervisory duties and head waiter in the tea

making dept.

@twotravellersLondon  Great to read you are deemed fit to travel and passed

all those tests , now comes the next hurdle ..Travel insurance .

I bet those astronauts didn't have all of this and we only want to jump on a cruise

ship that never leaves the planet .🤔

Soon though you can put all of this behind you and have normal folk worries ,like 

Going to reception armed with your phone to tell them ,you can't find reception 🙃

Or going to the MDR and asking the waiters "What is in this bowl you have served? 

"it's Bean Soup sir " ... I can see that but what was it before ??😉

Happy travels wherever  life takes you .😀

Have a good day everyone🙂

• Haha 13

1 minute ago, purplesea said:

Can I please have some of the sun you all seem to have?  It's pouring with rain here and not at all nice!

Same here. Feels like Winter is never ending! 

• Like 8

On 4/28/2024 at 7:54 PM, kalos said:

Passengers 5278 just given so should be soon .

Fairly smooth crossing of the BoB. Weather was mainly overcast. We are now in a rainy A Coruña.  Oh well. Nothing to moan about yet. Vast selection of food and entertainment. Yesterday evening La Voix in the Limelight.  Interesting.!. followed be Festival in Headliners. We had seen that before, but it seemed better this time, a bit more modern. Onward and upward.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Fairly smooth crossing of the BoB. Weather was mainly overcast. We are now in a rainy A Coruña.  Oh well. Nothing to moan about yet. Vast selection of food and entertainment. Yesterday evening La Voix in the Limelight.  Interesting.!. followed be Festival in Headliners. We had seen that before, but it seemed better this time, a bit more modern. Onward and upward.

I see you passed Queen Anne yesterday, any sightings from onboard?  Sorry about the rain but it is apparently due to improve soon. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, kalos said:

@twotravellersLondon  Great to read you are deemed fit to travel and passed

all those tests , now comes the next hurdle ..Travel insurance .

Many thanks.

Delighted to say that we've sorted out travel insurance. One is on an annually policy and the other on a trip by trip policy with the same insurer... at the end of the day there's no great difference in price... but a five minute telephone interview to reconfirm all of the details after booking... only stipulation... no to travel within 28 days of any hospital treatment.

We also have letters to cover carrying heavy duty meds etc through customs/immigration and onto planes... no desire to be suspected as a "drug dealers at our age... ("honest yer Guveror... it's for personal use... 'onest!)

Currently arranging a sickie note to excuse having to eat green beans. It's from mum... (that's "My Understanding Medic") 😇🙃

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Many thanks.

Delighted to say that we've sorted out travel insurance. One is on an annually policy and the other on a trip by trip policy with the same insurer... at the end of the day there's no great difference in price... but a five minute telephone interview to reconfirm all of the details after booking... only stipulation... no to travel within 28 days of any hospital treatment.

We also have letters to cover carrying heavy duty meds etc through customs/immigration and onto planes... no desire to be suspected as a "drug dealers at our age... ("honest yer Guveror... it's for personal use... 'onest!)

Currently arranging a sickie note to excuse having to eat green beans. It's from mum... (that's "My Understanding Medic") 😇🙃

It is a good idea to take a copy of your prescription and keep your medication in its original packaging when traveling abroad.

Pleased you got your travel insurance sorted.

Best wishes for an amazing holiday or cruise.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I see you passed Queen Anne yesterday, any sightings from onboard?  Sorry about the rain but it is apparently due to improve soon. 

Too misty really. Rain had stopped in Coruña.....for now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Too misty really. Rain had stopped in Coruña.....for now.

I'd suggest an early lunch and a glass of wine would be most appropriate at this time then!

• Like 3

Ships TV is broadcasting the arrival of Cunard Queen Anne into Southampton for her first time this evening from 18.00 for those that are interested. There could be a flotilla of boats following her in including fire boat sprays.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

I'd suggest an early lunch and a glass of wine would be most appropriate at this time then!

Sorry. Saw your suggestion after shops, coffee,walk and shops. Then back to the ship via the shops. Rains stopped now.

• Haha 7

Afternoon all, stop press we actually have some sunshine! I’ve been fed up of the non stop rain. Been making calls this morning to do with Mum’s admin! For example her council tax reduced to single person amount then we had two months ‘free’ now the direct Debits have started up again they’ve charged her the higher amount again 😡 It’s never ending …

• Like 6