P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

The worst thing that can happen is when someone says "no need to stockpile"

Aargh! the 'no need to stockpile' tactic, that's us stuffed then, just like the turkey 😁

It will soon be Michael Fish and the horsemen, sorry I should not mention fish 😊

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Exactly and the supermarkets have said they’ve been stockpiling food in preparation for Brexit so that’s helped too. Although I do wish the press wouldn’t whip up hysteria that food ‘could’ run out because that’s what makes people rush out and panic buy.

Panic buying lettuce! Just why?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Exactly and the supermarkets have said they’ve been stockpiling food in preparation for Brexit so that’s helped too. Although I do wish the press wouldn’t whip up hysteria that food ‘could’ run out because that’s what makes people rush out and panic buy.

Sainsbury's didn't help by cheerily specifying citrus fruit, broccoli etc. would be in short supply. My lemons are now tucked safely under the mattress.🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Tesco can't deliver the Black Treacle I ordered for my elderly neighbour, also the Port Salut cheese she likes, a real bummer 😟 I dare not look at the order as stuff keeps being cancelled although I ordered it weeks ago 😠 

I'm hoping and praying that Asda deliver the turkey tomorrow that I pre-ordered on 18th November🤞.  If not it's sausages, and they'll be devil to stuff😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm hoping and praying that Asda deliver the turkey tomorrow that I pre-ordered on 18th November🤞.  If not it's sausages, and they'll be devil to stuff😁

Avril

Fingers crossed for you, Avril. My poor covid-struck daughter has had a delivery today with a lot of missing items, including the steak they were having on Christmas Day, and they can't go out. I got everything on my order; just wish it had been the other way round.

Have you thought about ordering a chicken as well? You can always bung the little chap into the freezer if necessary.

29 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

The worst thing that can happen is when someone says "no need to stockpile"

The independent..  Retailers revealed that hoarders are storing £1bn worth of goods

in their homes, creating shortages despite the fact that manufacturers have produced

50 per cent more food in the last week than usual.

See this is what makes people panic buy ! 

I have nowhere near that much in my home , most of it is in the shed .

Glad to hear they have produced 50% more which means we can order more stuff now .

I just wish that Amazon would hurry up with my Lettuce recipe & storage  book  that

I have on order :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I'm going to have to stop watching the news so much again I think, it’s so depressing and frustrating. 

Yep, That's my conclusion too after the Guardian have now named us ''Plague Island Britain'' Lovely. 

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I  just hope they are not German sausages Avril . If so I fear the wurst  ! :classic_unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Yep, That's my conclusion too after the Guardian have now named us ''Plague Island Britain'' Lovely. 

Avril

Feels like we are in a “plague” here. The whole country is going into level 4 on Boxing Day and it has been made even more draconian than before.

I have had relative freedom as we are in a low covid area and now virtually under house arrest in just a few days.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Fingers crossed for you, Avril. My poor covid-struck daughter has had a delivery today with a lot of missing items, including the steak they were having on Christmas Day, and they can't go out. I got everything on my order; just wish it had been the other way round.

Have you thought about ordering a chicken as well? You can always bung the little chap into the freezer if necessary.

I always keep plenty of frozen  chicken breasts in the freezer so we'll not be without. Always be prepared, dib, dib, dib✌️

Avril

• Like 4