P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We had a lovely surprise this afternoon, we had been watching the children sledging down the hill when there was a knock on the door, it was our nephew, his wife and daughter.  They had been sledging because the hill is very close to his wife's sister's house so when they finished they decided to call to see how we are.  A lovely half hour talking by the door drinking hot chocolate.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Ages since I have been there!!!! Must put it on my “to do” list 

Michelle

Ted Baker,Ralph Lauren,HobbsJoules,M&S,Next, Tommy Hilfiger,Nike and many more in the indoor outlet.

Definitely worth a visit.

We usually go about every 6 weeks even though it is a 170 mile round trip from home.

Graham.

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Ted Baker,Ralph Lauren,HobbsJoules,M&S,Next, Tommy Hilfiger,Nike and many more in the indoor outlet.

We usually go about every 6 weeks even though it is a 170 mile round trip from home.

Graham.

I think it would be quite a journey for us too from Lytham, might have to stay overnight, love York so that would be a nice treat- when we are allowed of course 

Michelle 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

We pass it all the time but very rarely go in, much prefer the town centre in fine weather even in the winter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I think it would be quite a journey for us too from Lytham, might have to stay overnight, love York so that would be a nice treat- when we are allowed of course 

Michelle 

I am semi retired now but as a sales representative for 42 years I regularly used to drive 200+ miles a day.

2 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

We pass it all the time but very rarely go in, much prefer the town centre in fine weather even in the winter.

Over the years with different companies I have had many calls like Boots, Woolworths and independent retailers in the centre of York I have called on and always found the city centre parking a pain.

11 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Had a phone call from my eldest daughter this afternoon saying she's got a cough and has had a covid test and advising us that we need to self isolate as we had been in contact with her.  Fingers crossed it comes back negative.🙏

🤞.

Hopefully her test is negative.

I got my results 7.30am next day by text and email.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Over the years with different companies I have had many calls like Boots, Woolworths and independent retailers in the centre of York I have called on and always found the city centre parking a pain.

Parking is no problem, I have mentioned the excellent park and ride service in York before, it operates from various locations and there is even one at the outlet, easy to combine both city and outlet if you have the time.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Parking is no problem, I have mentioned the excellent park and ride service in York before, there is even one at the outlet, easy to combine both city and outlet if you have the time.

There is a park and ride on the A59 next to the garden centre.

As a rep park and ride is not appropriate.

The shambles is interesting and Fenwick's used to be good plus Coney street used to be busy but for us the Designer Outlet is best.

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

170 miles is a long way to travel in the current circumstances. 

It is allowed in tiers 1,2 and 3 although for driver's not used to driving long distances daily it is best avoided.

Pauline has driven about 10 miles since April lockdown.

Edited by grapau27

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

It is allowed in tiers 1,2 and 3 although for driver's not used to driving long distances it is best avoided.

Pauline has driven about 10 miles since April lockdown.

It's not the distance per se that I am talking about, but the government advice to stay local if at all possible, and avoid unnecessary travel.

• Like 8

Just now, grapau27 said:

There is a park and ride on the A59 next to the garden centre.

As a rep park and ride is not appropriate.

The shambles is interesting and Fenwick's used to be good plus Coney street used to be busy but for us the Designer Outlet is best.

Fenwicks is still good has is Browns, wasn't thinking about your reps duties just shopping.

We also enjoy wandering around the city on a fine day, in the outlet you could be anywhere, each to their own

It makes no sense to me that anyone at the moment, rules or no rules, would want to travel long distances purely for shopping. I say that as someone living under the Wales wide Tier 4 but also an area with very low Covid rates. What if you broke down for a start?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Whilst I agree with you, it’s not quite as far as Lanzarote!! 

Agreed, but we went just before the November lockdown came into full effect. 

Since then we have not been more than 10 miles from home.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ardennais said:

It makes no sense to me that anyone at the moment, rules or no rules, would want to travel long distances purely for shopping. I say that as someone living under the Wales wide Tier 4 but also an area with very low Covid rates. What if you broke down for a start?

I think I would be more likely to drive a distance to avoid shopping.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, purplesea said:

Had a phone call from my eldest daughter this afternoon saying she's got a cough and has had a covid test and advising us that we need to self isolate as we had been in contact with her.  Fingers crossed it comes back negative.🙏

I hope that your daughter's test comes back negative.  I know how worried you must be but try to stay positive.   I will be praying for you all.

• Like 3