P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

It's having a good go at snowing again here . I keep reading about people on these

boards wishing they had snow . Well the good news is I have just put our snow on

E-Bay , it's free to collect .
Time for a little mirth & merriment to cheer us all up :classic_smile:
My friend used to say to me “cheer up mate , it could be worse, you could be stuck

underground in a hole full of water.”   I know he means well.
It must be  really cold today. I have just seen a local criminal with his hands in his own pockets.
Still it's better than when I was a kid, a family of eight of us  .If it was cold I remember 
how we would all huddle around the fire . On really cold days ,we would light it .:classic_unsure:
I found out why Eskimos live in igloos, it's iceolate themselves. A new word that !

The Pope was once  handing out miracles to kids in Liverpool.
Billy walks up and asks him, ''Can you you help me with my hearing?'' 
The Pope says. ''Yes'' and puts his hands over Billy's ears and prays.

He then removes his hands and says, '' How is your hearing now?''
Billy says, '' I don't know it's not until next Wednesday'' :classic_biggrin:

Catch you later,  keep safe all of you :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Hello everyone I am still here and somewhat embarrassed at all your kind replies. It is not much of a depression, honest, just initial signs that I recognized from the last time which thankfully was quite some time ago and even then never became really dangerous. The snow has stopped and the sun is shining and the kids are screaming and shouting as they sledge down the slope outside and I had a good long talk with my neighbour. I was thinking where would we be without the internet and forums like this. I will bounce back soon enough.

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I am still here and somewhat embarrassed at all your kind replies.

Never be embarrassed Dave , your OK and that's great to hear . Sometimes we have to double think our thoughts or reactions . Only last week I thought of quitting these boards , because of my Cardio results. In my head I was thinking ,what if I never get allowed to cruise again ? I have no right on these boards, if I were never to cruise again but once I thought it through I made the right decision and stayed amongst friends on here . I am glad your walk cleared your head , we all get them moments but the offer still stands anytime you need to talk we are all here for each other .:classic_smile:

• Like 14

23 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Hello everyone I am still here and somewhat embarrassed at all your kind replies. It is not much of a depression, honest, just initial signs that I recognized from the last time which thankfully was quite some time ago and even then never became really dangerous. The snow has stopped and the sun is shining and the kids are screaming and shouting as they sledge down the slope outside and I had a good long talk with my neighbour. I was thinking where would we be without the internet and forums like this. I will bounce back soon enough.

Of course you'll bounce back Dave.  Something will happen to really cheer you and make things seem, if not ok, then a bit better.  Please don't be embarrassed - that's another thing to throw out the window - embarrassment.  Glad you had a good chat with your neighbour and I hope it helped.  No more to be said except fingers crossed for those future cruises.  One of these days we will all meet up on a cruise, remember how bleak this lockdown was, and be glad that we made such good friends.  Take care.  Jane. X

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Never be embarrassed Dave , your OK and that's great to hear . Sometimes we have to double think our thoughts or reactions . Only last week I thought of quitting these boards , because of my Cardio results. In my head I was thinking ,what if I never get allowed to cruise again ? I have no right on these boards, if I were never to cruise again but once I thought it through I made the right decision and stayed amongst friends on here . I am glad your walk cleared your head , we all get them moments but the offer still stands anytime you need to talk we are all here for each other .:classic_smile:

NO!  I can't believe you thought that Kalos.  I know I'm new to the forum but even after such a short time I can tell you that this forum would be bereft without you.  Glad you decided to stay.  Jane.x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen that clip.....it must run into the 100's. It never fails to make me  laugh, even  though I could  recite it.

Any body that is feeling down can get some light relief from this, I never get fed up of watching it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, kalos said:

So glad you didn’t quit the boards Kalos. You cheer everyone up on here and your posts are so well worded and always hit the right note. 🎼

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thank you for those who worried about my absence. Unfortunately I mistook a daffodil bulb for an onion and I had to be rushed into hospital. I hope to be out in the Spring.

If I fall through the mattress I will see you in the spring, welcome back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thank you for those who worried about my absence. Unfortunately I mistook a daffodil bulb for an onion and I had to be rushed into hospital. I hope to be out in the Spring.

Glad you opened up about it .:classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, kalos said:

Only last week I thought of quitting these boards , because of my Cardio results. In my head I was thinking ,what if I never get allowed to cruise again ? 

Well you surprise me kalos. I thought you liked us😟 I mean we all like you, and it wouldn't be the same without you. If you left, who would you make us laugh, calm our little spats and give us the much needed kick up the bum. I'm glad you changed your mind because we would all genuinely miss you. x

So don't even think about it again, or else😁

Avril

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Nice to see you back wowzz, we've been a tad worried.

Avril

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Well you surprise me kalos. I thought you liked us😟 I mean we all like you, and it wouldn't be the same without you. If you left, who would you make us laugh, calm our little spats and give us the much needed kick up the bum. I'm glad you changed your mind because we would all genuinely miss you. x

So don't even think about it again, or else😁

Avril

Don't worry ,it was just a passing thought , when your heads full of a medical phone call .

I told you ages back if I was not going to post I would tell you and because I wasn't going

anywhere I didn't tell anyone but if I do I will , that's a promise :classic_smile:

The point I was getting over to Dave was we can all have a bad moment , think all your 

options through and come to a good one and if that don't work then talk to someone as

he did , even us lot on here . I consider my self told off ,dread to think what or Else is ? :classic_smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Kalos.

I think we would all feel depressed even more if you left us.

Take care mate.

Graham.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

NO!  I can't believe you thought that Kalos.  I know I'm new to the forum but even after such a short time I can tell you that this forum would be bereft without you.  Glad you decided to stay.  Jane.x

+ 1 and Everyone on here I'm sure.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Kalos.

I think we would all feel depressed even more if you left us.

Take care mate.

Graham.

Going nowhere mate .We all started together and we will end it together .:classic_unsure:

Blimey sounds like a suicide note but you know what I mean .:classic_smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2