P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

I saw it this morning Harry and it was such a cheerer-upper on a miserable cold day. Did you see the actual Attorney behind the cat? He said what's done is done and " you can't put toothpaste back in tube". Priceless! Jane.x

I did, Jane.  Lawyers do law, and 7 year olds

do the techy Stuff!

Had us both in fits this morning. 

Harry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I imagine most people will have seen this already today (and I apologise for wasting your time), but in case anyone hasn't, this is unmissable:

Thanks for that Harry, I hadn't seen it. It's hilarious, you'd swear that cat was talking, and it's eyes, well..........🤣

Avril

Morning :classic_biggrin: -4.c & -6.c chill around here .  I best go defrost the car ready for

my trip out for my blood tests .Mustn't complain though It will be nice to 

get out in the car again . Have a nice day &stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

• Like 7

Dull, dull, dull here (and the weather’s not great either😏) and a balmy positive 1°C (feels like -6°C with windchill)

No plans (for a change), just pootling along.

Waitrose delivery has been and gone and brought the delight of pastel de nata pastries (they do good ones).  Perhaps we can have a daytime reverie and pretend we’re in Lisbon?

• Like 2

Morning Kalos. A cold and frosty start here this morning too, -2 but the sun is shining. I hope the forecast is correct for next week, into double digits again.🤞 Two dates with the needle then Kalos, today and tomorrow,  1 out and 1 exciting lot in. Life's one never-ending round of fun and games for us at the moment isn't it? Idon't know how we up the keep pace😁 Enjoy your trip out and take care☺️

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone, clear blue sky here, no wind but feels very cold. Taking my mum food shopping to M & S today, wish we could travel to a larger store where there is a cafe as I like their coffee, hopefully in the weeks ahead.

How is everyone coping with no hairdressers open? I def need a haircut!! During the last lockdown I didn’t colour my hair and let the grey come through and then had it cut into a pixie cut/style. No need to worry about roots this time thankfully 

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Izzywiz said:

Izzywiz here. Hi everyone and thank you for thinking of me. I’m keeping safe and well but haven’t posted for a while although I have been reading all the posts.
I would have loved to have contributed photos to the Christmas decorations thread as we always bought something for the tree from everywhere that we visited....small, inexpensive, lightweight and easy to pack. It got to the point that we needed 2 large trees and several days to decorate them as we reminisced about buying each one, hahaha. 2 years ago we downsized to a bungalow and decided that there wouldn’t be room for the trees so we got rid of the decorations too which meant, of course, that I had nothing to post. It’s something I now regret but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

It is good to know that all you lovely people are managing so well and that there is a pinprick of light at the end of this very long tunnel. 🚢✈️🏖May we all travel again soon

💖Isabel

Lovely to hear from you Isabel.

As you hadn't posted for some time a few of us were worried about you especially with the current pandemic.

There is a new photo thread now so I'm looking forward to seeing some of your wonderful photos.

Regards.

Graham.

• Like 3

I have just seen something which might bring pleasure or even joy to some of you - if you can spare two minutes to go over to the Silversea watercooler, and look at the video on page 352, post 8791.

Cheered my morning up immensely, as well as the sunshine pouring in at present.  Being told by Boris to hurry up and get vaccinated is very irritating, when the housebound attached to our GP have not yet been given the chance.

• Like 2

Morning everyone. Dulll and very, very windy as well as cold 2degs C with a chill of -5 in this neck of the woods  Dry at present but forecast for showers later. 

Another day of nothing planned.  I have lost track of days although I did remember it is my son's birthday today. Stay safe and warm.

Pam

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Morning :classic_biggrin: -4.c & -6.c chill around here .  I best go defrost the car ready for

Good luck with your blood tests Kalos.

-3°C here,very cold but sunny.

I got Pauline's car out of the garage last Wednesday to take me to the hospital for my eye op and it is still outside because I'm not able to drive yet so both cars are covered in 3 inches of snow.

Take care on the roads Kalos.

Graham.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone. Dulll and very, very windy as well as cold 2degs C with a chill of -5 in this neck of the woods  Dry at present but forecast for showers later. 

Another day of nothing planned.  I have lost track of days although I did remember it is my son's birthday today. Stay safe and warm.

Pam

Happy birthday to your son today Purplesea.

13 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I was wondering (still am) whether the planned takeover by a private equity firm (always a bad sign) might have encouraged them to beef up their balance sheet a bit via premium increases to enhance their market valuation.

Cynic in me expects all insurance premiums to rise following the decision  that  many? business disruption claims due to covid previously denied ,have now to be

re-negotiated.

Edited by Aulanis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aulanis said:

Cynic in me expects all insurance premiums to rise following the decision

that  many? business disruption claims due to covid previously denied have now to be re negotiated.

Probably something in that.  Premiums are based on the predictable, and this was a huge unpredicted hit.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, clear blue sky here, no wind but feels very cold. Taking my mum food shopping to M & S today, wish we could travel to a larger store where there is a cafe as I like their coffee, hopefully in the weeks ahead.

How is everyone coping with no hairdressers open? I def need a haircut!! During the last lockdown I didn’t colour my hair and let the grey come through and then had it cut into a pixie cut/style. No need to worry about roots this time thankfully 

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle

We have a tentative hair appointment for Feb 24th, so not much longer hopefully.🤞 I don't have totally grey hair only streaks so leave it as is. I take after mum who had dark hair and at the age of 85 had a white 'Mallen streak' at the front and one or two grey hairs in the rest. My problem is with the Busby I now have perched on my head, my hair tends to grow more out than down💂‍♀️😁

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle

I'm with you on the M&S cafe/ coffee Michelle. I used to go to our local store every Saturday with my daughter and granddaughters for brunch. Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Bliss! As for the hair - OMG - I wish I'd had the foresight to have a good cut before this current lockdown like you did. At the moment even Worzel Gummidge looks better than I do! Jane.x

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Pam

Happy Birthday to your son Pam. Hope he has a nice day though no doubt he'll feel it's the same as every other day at the moment. Jane.x

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Take good care on roads Kalos - it's treacherous out there. Only another 24 hours and you're halfway to safety. Have a good day and take care of yourself. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Pam

I hope your son has a lovely birthday.

Strange isn't it, how these days seem to merge together? Oh well, that's what calendars are for, you just have to remember to cross off each day or even that won't work😉

Avril

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We have a tentative hair appointment for Feb 24th, so not much longer hopefully.🤞 I don't have totally grey hair only streaks so leave it as is. I take after mum who had dark hair and at the age of 85 had a white 'Mallen streak' at the front and one or two grey hairs in the rest. My problem is with the Busby I now have perched on my head, my hair tends to grow more out than down💂‍♀️😁

Avril

My mum has totally grey hair by her early 50’s and I am the same. I am lucky it’s a darker grey with some lighter streaks at the moment but I am sure it will go lighter. Don’t think I am going to colour it again I quite like a grey very short pixie cut, no messing around just wash & leave it. Hope you get to go to your appt on 24 Feb

Michelle 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle

I miss the M&S Cafe. In normal times we’d walk over to the shopping centre at least once a week for coffee at M&S. Also, the garden centre is another cafe haunt of ours.

I’ve had to resort to getting my husband to cut my hair. I have a short pixie type cut, so he ran his hair clippers through it. The last time I had my colour done was Sept/Oct, so it is growing out now. It’s interesting to find our how grey I am now!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

My mum has totally grey hair by her early 50’s and I am the same. I am lucky it’s a darker grey with some lighter streaks at the moment but I am sure it will go lighter. Don’t think I am going to colour it again I quite like a grey very short pixie cut, no messing around just wash & leave it. Hope you get to go to your appt on 24 Feb

Michelle 

Frank's mum was grey in her forties and Frank followed suit. His hair is now snow white and the children are taking after him. Our son doesn't bother and has a very close haircut, but both girls have been colouring their hair since thay were mid forties.

Avril

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Me too Avril! I also have the "Mallen Streak" which I quite like but as for the rest  - growing out not down as you said, highlights need doing too. I feel a very large bill in the offing when I finally get an appointment! I don't hold out much hope for your 24th Feb appointment but I'll be delighted to be wrong. Jane.x

After lockdown 1.0 my hairdresser said they anticipated losing quite a bit of colouring work, as ladies had either found they liked their hair grey or were using a simple home product

Well, we’re back from dog walk (and have enjoyed the pastel de nata).  No matter what the thermometer says, it’s still make-your-face-ache cold out there.  The wind changing from due east to south-east hasn’t brought any improvement.  Never mind, it’s dry and there’s no mud ... there’s usually an upside if you look hard enough

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 1