P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Looks like you’re not the only ones!  The half-term effect?

The shadows are very strong - good sunshine.

We’ve got a mixed day, mild like you but with heavy showers.  We got out this morning, in the dry, though.  No news today after the excitement of the boiler service yesterday 🙂

We’re about to watch the first Harry Potter film.  Haven’t seen any of them, haven’t read the books.  Are we unique, I wonder?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

We’ve got a mixed day, mild like you but with heavy showers.  We got out this morning, in the dry, though.  No news today after the excitement of the boiler service yesterday 🙂

We’re about to watch the first Harry Potter film.  Haven’t seen any of them, haven’t read the books.  Are we unique, I wonder?

Not read them, or watched them either. Have read Robert Galbraith though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is 10°C here.

We went through McDonald's drive through and got a couple of wraps a coffee and hot chocolate and stopped at the beach car park.

We are now walking along the beach promenade.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210217_132923_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20210217_133311.jpg

Looks like a beautiful day for a walk along the promenade, it's been grey and wet in Kent today.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I haven't read one book or watched one film. It isn't my cup of tea at all.

Avril

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

No - I lost interest after about an hour.  Bit like the Hobbit  films in the effect it had on me.  I did go in hoping I would enjoy it but no

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I am an avid reader but I only read the first Harry Potter book and was not interested enough to read more or to watch a film.  My niece's 11 year old is obsessed with Harry Potter at the moment so I am obviously too old understand them. 

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

No - I lost interest after about an hour.  Bit like the Hobbit  films in the effect it had on me.  I did go in hoping I would enjoy it but no

Another one not interested in Harry Potter books or films. My Kindle is dominated by Scandinavian crime novels from several authors. Some interesting plots, very well written (even as English translations), little gratuitous bad language and definitely nothing to do with USA.

I'm going to buck the CC trend with Harry Potter, I love the books and have re-read them several times, I'm reading book five as we speak. I find the first couple geared towards a younger audience but they get better from book three onwards. I'm not so fussed with the films as there are two many unnecessary changes from the books and nowhere near enough detail in them. My favourite films are Lord of the Rings but I do like a diverse range of books and films and we all need some escapism at the moment 😄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Another one not interested in Harry Potter books or films. My Kindle is dominated by Scandinavian crime novels from several authors. Some interesting plots, very well written (even as English translations), little gratuitous bad language and definitely nothing to do with USA.

As mentioned earlier, try Robert Galbraith! 

9 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

I'm going to buck the CC trend with Harry Potter, I love the books and have re-read them several times, I'm reading book five as we speak. I find the first couple geared towards a younger audience but they get better from book three onwards. I'm not so fussed with the films as there are two many unnecessary changes from the books and nowhere near enough detail in them. My favourite films are Lord of the Rings but I do like a diverse range of books and films and we all need some escapism at the moment 😄

Same I have read the books and seen all the films, and both Fantastic Beasts films,  also read and watched Lord of the Rings, as you say a bit of escapism at the moment does no harm. 

Will be starting to watch The Mandalorian this weekend, a Star Wars spin off,  after our film mad 11 year old grandson recommended it, he hasn’t failed us yet. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I always assumed that the Harry Potter books were children's books, so never crossed my mind to read them.

They have a vast adult market and are the best selling book series in history. They're not everyones cup of tea but I know people of all ages that enjoy them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I quite like the TV series, which I assume has now covered at least 3 of the Cormoran Strke books, so which ones have not been televised yet?

There have been 5 Strike novels,  and the first 4 have been turned into TV series (although, as is normally the case, much of the sub plots have been omitted). 

The latest novel, published in September 2020 - "Troubled Blood - is around 1000 pages long. I wish the editor for TV a lot of luck !

I haven't read the latest one - waiting for it to come on sale for 99p  in the Kindle Daily Deal!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pete14 said:

I inherited loads of books when our expat neighbours sold up.Steig Larson was one,the girl with the dragon tattoo,good story.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I’ve never watched the films or read the books either. My kids weren’t interested at all and it’s not my thing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

11 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I’m with you there Avril, not my cup of tea either

Michelle

8 hours ago, nicki-k said:

They have a vast adult market and are the best selling book series in history. They're not everyones cup of tea but I know people of all ages that enjoy them.

May I suggest A Brief History of Tea by Roy Moxham I'm sure there should

be something in this book for you all :classic_wink::classic_unsure:

Morning everyone ,it's 8.c this morning breezy with thick cloud and it looks

very stormy ,I think we are in for a bit of a wet day today .

Whatever your up to today ,have a good day and stay safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1