P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

To a certain extent I agree,  but at least he did try and get politicians to answer his questions, rather than discombobulate.

I quite agree. Although I do not watch GMB and have a low opinion of Piers Morgan, it is about time that news journalists and interviewers became more insistent that politicians, who are nominated by their party to do the daily media interviews, actually provide answers to fair questions rather than constantly prevaricating by reciting a party mantra, catchphrase or slogan loosely associated with the topic they are being questioned on. They seem to forget they are elected to serve us and giving a straight answer to a straight question would be a start rather than appearing to be playing a game amongst themselves consisting of how many questions they can avoid and how many slogans they can include. That would be a start to building back better.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

How is everyone this morning?  I hope that you have all survived the winds and rain overnight.  I have just been to take the recycling out and check for damage.  The only damage is a water feature in the side garden has blown over so David has a job when he gets up, there are no fences damaged or trees down so we seen to have got off lightly this time.

We seem to be unscathed this side of the city although I presume more trees on and around the greenway will have fallen, especially those around the ponds that have had their roots in waterlogged ground for some time.

12 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I thought I was sitting down to watch an interview with Harry Maguire... 

Imagine my disappointment.. 😊

Andy 

I thought he was too busy promoting the Greek tourist board.

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We seem to be unscathed this side of the city although I presume more trees on and around the greenway will have fallen, especially those around the ponds that have had their roots in waterlogged ground for some time.

Seems ok around here as well , we're getting wind gusts around 45mph at the moment .

Everything seems to have stayed put ..apart from this Heron that seems to have been 

blown of course .Could you count yours :classic_wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

How big is the boot on the Aroma wowzz, I wonder if it would take a folded wheelchair, without needing the back seat moving forward.

It might go in upright if you take the parcel shelf off. If you let me have the dimensions I can measure my boot for you.

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

How is everyone this morning?  I hope that you have all survived the winds and rain overnight.  I have just been to take the recycling out and check for damage.  The only damage is a water feature in the side garden has blown over so David has a job when he gets up, there are no fences damaged or trees down so we seen to have got off lightly this time.

Very, very windy overnight here in West Sussex with a lot of rain in the last 24 hrs. Very little sleep but thankfully everything seems ok. I hate these storms which seem to occur much more regularly now.

Glad all ok at yours Josy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Are you going to tell or leave it to me to discover ?

No light in the glovebox, or overhead in the roof. I said they were minor ! Depending on your model, some people have found it difficult to download the radio station identity logos.

Plus the satnav does have some interesting quirks, taking you off at motorway junctions and bringing you straight back onto the motorway at the same junction, although that may have been sorted by now.

The owners forum is a useful source of information 

https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No light in the glovebox, or overhead in the roof. I said they were minor ! Depending on your model, some people have found it difficult to download the radio station identity logos.

Plus the satnav does have some interesting quirks, taking you off at motorway junctions and bringing you straight back onto the motorway at the same junction, although that may have been sorted by now.

Thanks, as you say, minor. Thanks for the owners forum, that is useful.

1 minute ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks, as you say, minor. Thanks for the owners forum, that is useful.

Owners forums are a better source of info than the manufacturer or supplier. When looking for a new car I usually join the forums for those I am interested in, it has often helped me decide.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It was windy when we went to bed and windy when we got up so assume it was windy all night, persisting it down with rain with the odd sunny spell. No damage done outside, hope everyone stays safe.

Much the same here except for a little wobble on a section of fence. It looks as if this is in for the day. Nice and cosy inside so that's where we'll stay. I feel sorry for my poor daffodils. They were late coming up this year, and the minute thet show their faces they're flattened to the ground😏 Oh well, March winds and April showers, make way for sweet May flowers.😉

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Seems ok around here as well , we're getting wind gusts around 45mph at the moment .

Everything seems to have stayed put ..apart from this Heron that seems to have been 

blown of course .Could you count yours :classic_wink:

Counting herons around part of a city is likely to produce inaccuracies. I could call them and see how many appear but what about those without names? If yours comes when you call ‘Harry’ you may have ours, or maybe another with the same name. I don’t know whether any have been given the name ‘Presto’. If so, best to keep the baby moorhens under cover. 🥴😉

• Like 2

Still windy down here with very strong gusts. Woke up to hail battering on the windows first thing. Sunny now but the sky was looking very dark not long ago. No damage, but I think it is only a matter of time before next door's fence comes down in the winds, as it wobbles dangerously. 

Stay safe.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

First World problems in a nutshell... 😊🌍

Andy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

First World problems in a nutshell... 😊🌍

Andy 

Reminds me of my first MG - a 1275 Midget.

No light in glovebox - no glovebox

No light in roof - no (proper) roof

No light in boot - mind you all you could fit in there was the spare wheel and a jack anyway

No synchromesh between first and second gears.  Which was a bit agricultural even for cars of that era.

Heater temperature control was tap on the cylinder head!

A fun little car for summer months nonetheless.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks for that wowzz, it suggests it would. However it was probably only for general interest since I think I  will be keeping the Golf sv until it falls apart. News cars are nice toys but the depreciation cost might now be a bit too much for me to swallow.

33 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Thanks for that wowzz, it suggests it would. However it was probably only for general interest since I think I  will be keeping the Golf sv until it falls apart. News cars are nice toys but the depreciation cost might now be a bit too much for me to swallow.

Our last two cars have been ex-demonstators, so the initial depreciation is not too bad.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

This is in local papers.

Screenshot_20210311_112602_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210311_112621_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210311_112647_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hi Graham we did a short detour from the eye infirmary on Monday to South Shields to see the Azura and was surprised how big she is. Looked very strange as we could see no  crew activity at all on board but really made me want to go onboard as soon as we  safely can.Lindy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

The lack of those 2 lights would be a pain the backside for me when setting off on dark mornings on our long journeys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

The lack of those 2 lights would be a pain the backside for me when setting off on dark mornings on our long journeys.

The lack of the lights are bones of contention on the Seat Owner's website.

• Like 1