P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We just watched the 1 minute silence to mark the first lockdown.  My sister rang me immediately afterwards to tell me that next Wednesday I will be the first person that she knows who will have had 2 lockdown birthdays.  I never expected to that I would be having a second lockdown birthday now I am hoping that next year I will be able to celebrate properly 

It's one of my daughter's birthdays today and she was not expecting to have a second in lockdown.😷

• Like 4

A year on from 1st Lockdown, although many had started the week previously, a year later we are in lockdown 3, who would have thought we would have 3 separate lockdowns in 12 months. At the time a vaccine was a distant hope, but I don’t think anyone thought at the time a year later we would have seen in excess of 126,000 deaths. I saw on new that Blackburn Cathedral had lit 4,161 candles in memory of the individuals who had died of the virus in Lancashire.

Two weeks into lockdown my mother died aged 91, the virus wasn’t the cause, but it was a difficult day 3 weeks later with funeral numbers limited to 10 and my brother, sisters and I with our respective partners sat 3 m apart in the crematorium for the service, no hugging and no other family or friends who had watched the service online. 

Today I also think of my Great x 11 Grandfather who died of the plague on this day in 1594 knowing he wouldn’t live he had only a few days beforehand dictated his will to the local priest through the window, the priest reported that Henry had told him to keep his distance as he did not want him to catch it. They were social distancing even then. 

• Like 12

The tree surgeon called today so we paid him to trim all the conifers in our back garden.

Yesterday my blood tests came back normal and lipids were 0.8.

I have a prescription to pick up for a different statin so we have called at the beach for a walk first.

Graham.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

It's one of my daughter's birthdays today and she was not expecting to have a second in lockdown.😷

Happy  birthday to your daughter.  There are a lot of us who are going to have second lockdown birthdays. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Today I also think of my Great x 11 Grandfather who died of the plague on this day in 1594 knowing he wouldn’t live he had only a few days beforehand dictated his will to the local priest through the window, the priest reported that Henry had told him to keep his distance as he did not want him to catch it. They were social distancing even then. 

How amazing that you've managed to go back that far. I've gone back to to 1625 on one of my tree branches, but haven't yet found any documents that for back.  It's when you see their wills and other personal documents that you feel that you really get to know them 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

How amazing that you've managed to go back that far. I've gone back to to 1625 on one of my tree branches, but haven't yet found any documents that for back.  It's when you see their wills and other personal documents that you feel that you really get to know them 

Fortunate as they were merchants, lawyers or in the church so left a trail I have followed back to 1485, with a yet unproven connection back to my Great x 15 Grandfather. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Happy  birthday to your daughter.  There are a lot of us who are going to have second lockdown birthdays. 

It was our Ruby Wedding anniversary last year in lockdown and we will be having our 41st Anniversary in lockdown next week.Still,  grateful to be here to celebrate it.Thinking of all the families of those who have lost their lives during lockdown, covid related or other reasons.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Avril Thanks. tried the pressure point on the side of my leg below my knee and the pain has been negligible today 🤞.

Graham.

I'm pleased it worked for you Graham. It's surprising how many different pressure points there are throughout the body to alleviate pain. 

Avril

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It was our Ruby Wedding anniversary last year in lockdown and we will be having our 41st Anniversary in lockdown next week.Still,  grateful to be here to celebrate it.Thinking of all the families of those who have lost their lives during lockdown, covid related or other reasons.

There’s going to be a lot of catch-up celebrations when we eventually come out of this, and we will definitely not take our families for granted.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

My grandaughter has her 2nd lockdown birthday on Sunday. It's her 30th and they had planned a 3 day stay in New York. She's having to settle for a long stay in Old Yorkshire instead. Our daughter's birthday is another, on April 7th. Mine is at the end of April, so I hope I buck the trend🤞

Avril

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

There’s going to be a lot of catch-up celebrations when we eventually come out of this, and we will definitely not take our families for granted.

I don't think we will ever take anything for granted again. You never appreciate what you have until it's gone.

Avril

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It was our Ruby anniversary last November and we couldn't celebrate so we are hoping that we will be able to celebrate this year.  I feel sorry for all those who have lost their lives during the last year and their families who have not been able to have a normal funeral.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm pleased it worked for you Graham. It's surprising how many different pressure points there are throughout the body to alleviate pain. 

Avril

My wife used to be a Bowen practitioner,  which was extremely beneficial with regards to the various joint pains we get as we age. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

.....and why is it that Harry only mentioned the seventh seal, is this seal discrimination?

I'm sure it was meant as a humorous quip. I am also sure that I don't know what is being discussed. Does a pm news briefing have some relevance to the unfortunate mammal that was attacked by a dog in the Thames ?. Perhaps the Walrus swimming around Ireland and Wales.🤔