P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I can beat that,I popped into "Woolies" in Sydney in 2013,lol.They;re still popular in Aus.

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I thought it was warm in Australia bro. Why do they need woollies?😇

Sis

Help protect his  didgeridoo :classic_blush: :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Roman, Next, and M&S(undies 🤫) for me. Luckily still all in Barnsley🤞

Avril

Hopefully they will stay with all the modernisation going on in Barnsley centre, we used to prefer Huddersfield but that is going downhill, especially since British home stores and M&S closed. 

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

Hopefully they will stay with all the modernisation going on in Barnsley centre, we used to prefer Huddersfield but that is going downhill, especially since British home stores and M&S closed. 

The centre is coming on quickly now that it's practically been deserted for some time. The last time I went in which was just before Christmas, the whole centre was cordoned off. It will look good when it's done, but I loved the old pre 1970's Barnsley with it's 'proper' market. I still miss it😒.

Avril

36 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I can beat that,I popped into "Woolies" in Sydney in 2013,lol.They;re still popular in Aus.

I know I'm being pedantic, but the Woolworths in Australia has no relationship whatsoever with the late lamented Woolworths in the UK.

• Like 1

I should have been meeting a friend to get a take away coffee and go for a walk around  Trentham Gardens this afternoon but she called me this morning to tell me that her son-in-law has tested positive for covid.  She is in a child care bubble for her daughter so she has been in contact with her son-in-law when he had dropped off and picked up her granddaughter and so she and her husband are now isolating.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I know I'm being pedantic, but the Woolworths in Australia has no relationship whatsoever with the late lamented Woolworths in the UK.

WHAT! is that why I didn't see the pick and mix.USA had a Woolies also.

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

Well your more than welcome to come and shop in Rotherham , we have some well known 

shops such as Red Cross, PDSA, Lidl  and Aldi to name a few. Feeling hungry? KFC, Kebabs

galore , name a burger shop we have it. Still got coin to spare ? Then try one of our umpteen

betting shops and should you have cash to spare then chat to one of our drunks sat around

the town who will help you dispose of it .A memorable day out :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The centre is coming on quickly now that it's practically been deserted for some time. The last time I went in which was just before Christmas, the whole centre was cordoned off. It will look good when it's done, but I loved the old pre 1970's Barnsley with it's 'proper' market. I still miss it😒.

Avril

Stunned by the John Lewis Sheffield closure, though, Avril. I always assumed that to be one of the safer stores.

The Meadowhall effect?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I should have been meeting a friend to get a take away coffee and go for a walk around  Trentham Gardens this afternoon but she called me this morning to tell me that her son-in-law has tested positive for covid.  She is in a child care bubble for her daughter so she has been in contact with her son-in-law when he had dropped off and picked up her granddaughter and so she and her husband are now isolating.

I hope your friend and her family are well and avoid the covid19 her son in law has tested positive for.

Hopefully he has only a mild case of Covid19

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

Well your more than welcome to come and shop in Rotherham , we have some well known 

shops such as Red Cross, PDSA, Lidl  and Aldi to name a few. Feeling hungry? KFC, Kebabs

galore , name a burger shop we have it. Still got coin to spare ? Then try one of our umpteen

betting shops and should you have cash to spare then chat to one of our drunks sat around

Thanks Kalos.

I will scratch Rotherham off my place to see list.😎😂.

Graham.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Stunned by the John Lewis Sheffield closure, though, Avril. I always assumed that to be one of the safer stores.

The Meadowhall effect?

Which is is now linked to Rotherham retail park with the Super-tram, which crashed

on it's first day out. Between them draining  the life out of the town centres .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Barnsley market took some beating int good owd days, not many proper markets left, we like a run out to Bakewell now and then, but even their market isn't the same. A lot of town centres have been struggling for years and covid could be the final nail in the coffin for some.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope your friend and her family are well and avoid the covid19 her son in law has tested positive for.

Hopefully he has only a mild case of Covid19

Thank you Graham, she said that he has had no symptoms but when a work colleague tested positive everyone who had been in contact with that person had to get a test and 10 others tested positive.  It really made me think how careful we all need to be if people are asymptomatic.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sounds like Stoke 😂😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Barnsley market took some beating int good owd days, not many proper markets left, we like a run out to Bakewell now and then, but even their market isn't the same. A lot of town centres have been struggling for years and covid could be the final nail in the coffin for some.

I haven't been there for years but I loved having the Pie& Peas in the café upstairs.

Think it was called Oldfield's back then.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The last C&A store we were in was in Fuerteventura, and Woolworths in SA  is of course actually M&S, not sure if Aus is the same.

Too late,Wowz has already shattered my colonial superiority.Someone is gonna say that Cadbury Aus is not related to UK.When the Aussies were boasting about it on the ship,I had to try it.It was a orrible bland gunk.

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

The Meadowhall effect?

I was surprised by Sheffield John Lewis on the list of closures.I think it is partly the Meadowhell effect but also the fact it is a very large store with probably a very high rent.I will just have to spend double next time I am in Southampton!! 🙂