P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Living in Cornwall  I have to say that it's jam first then Cornish clotted cream!

There is a big hoo-hah down here as Sainsbury's in Truro had a photo of scones with sultanas in with cream then jam on top with some customers talking of boycotting the store.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/sainsburys-apologises-cornish-cream-tea-5350071

On 4/21/2021 at 10:00 PM, zap99 said:

So did McLaren and a few others Dyson didn't actually produce any as they were told they weren't needed in the end. We built Nightingale hospitals that weren't needed. Good people stepped up to the plate when asked. Now some folk with an agenda are criticising them and blaming our leaders for doing their best. Some of those are only alive now because of those noble people. In this world there are those that produce results and those that criticise them. 

May be an image of text that says 'First batch of Dyson ventilators are out, doctors say this guy is picking up nicely. 日'

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

I’m having a good laugh now. My husband has treated himself to a fancy ride-on lawn mower and I’m watching him out of the office window trying to figure out how to use it. I mean, man went to the moon over 50 years ago. How difficult can it be?! The manuals come in every language apart from Welsh so that might be his excuse!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Update. We have lift-off and he’s motoring away. Good job he doesn’t yet need a mobility scooter otherwise locals in the town would run a mile. He uses heavy machinery nearly every day and I think he still thinks he’s in his JCB. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Beckett said:

Windy, chilly but sunny in N.London today. I'm taking leave until Tuesday so a nice few lazy days coming up. You stay safe too Graham. Jane.x

Enjoy your long weekend Jane. I’ve booked the Tuesday off after the August BH and as I don’t work Wednesdays that gives me a good few days off .

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Enjoy your long weekend Jane. I’ve booked the Tuesday off after the August BH and as I don’t work Wednesdays that gives me a good few days off .

Something to look forward to Sue. There's something about 5 days off that feels very luxurious - and I love it! Jane.x

• Like 3

Well that’s both operations over with this week FIL at home and didn’t get his arm amputated so good news on that front but the next 8 weeks in a plaster cask and daughter home now after her shoulder operation, next one in about 6 weeks .

Scones , it’s got to be jam first then clotted cream then strawberry’s sliced on top don’t mind plain or fruit scones as long as they are big and fresh, can’t believe nobody else has mentioned strawberries on top .

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Avril - are you OK?  If you're just having a quiet week all is good. Just wanted to make sure you are alright and to wish you and Frank well for your jabs on Saturday. Best wishes. Jane.x

@Adawn47.

Like Jane I have missed your contribution Avril.

I hope everything is okay with yourself and Frank.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Hello there, I thought you might be looking at a Disney cruise, no?  

Yes fully jabbed and hoping to get to Florida at the end of September 🤞. When are you looking at a Canaries cruise?  

Scone, as in rhymes with ‘one’ and not ‘bone’ - no sultanas, jam first then cream.  Job done 😋👍

i would love a Disney cruise but to be honest they price me out. 
Cheapest Disney is £1760 for 3 days obstructed window. Or canaries on iona in balcony for 14 days. for £2550. 
Even our whole holiday in Florida 2019 came in at less per day than a Disney cruise. 
I’m holding out hope for a villa in May 22 then the iona cruise in winter 22. 

we’ve chosen to write this year off and not bother with anywhere. My kids are going to caravan with their nan tomorrow. I have a kids free weekend which is weird since I haven’t since they were born. 

where is avril? 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

we’ve chosen to write this year off and not bother with anywhere. My kids are going to caravan with their nan tomorrow. I have a kids free weekend which is weird since I haven’t since they were born. 

where is avril? 

We don't plan on cruising this year, we have a weeks coach trip to Isle of Wight, if things do get back to something like normal we may look at a cruise Novemberish

Avril has been liking posts earlier today, so maybe taking time out?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We don't plan on cruising this year, we have a weeks coach trip to Isle of Wight, if things do get back to something like normal we may look at a cruise Novemberish

Avril has been liking posts earlier today, so maybe taking time out?

I noticed that too thankfully so hopefully Avril is just having a short break from posting.

Take care Avril.

Graham.

• Like 1

I'm fine. Still reading through some posts, mainly this thread and the photo thread. I'm just a bit down at the moment that's all, I don't know why. My birthday today too, maybe that's the reason, another year older. I think I've had enough birthdays now, I don't want anymore😉

It's nice to see you back Vamps.

Take care all.

Avril

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm fine. Still reading through some posts, mainly this thread and the photo thread. I'm just a bit down at the moment that's all, I don't know why. My birthday today too, maybe that's the reason, another year older. I think I've had enough birthdays now, I don't want anymore😉

Take care all.

Avril

Happy birthday Avril, don't be down, it is only a number

Wild And Wonderful - Free Chocs - Flower Delivery - Wildflower Bouquet - Flowers - Next Day Flower Delivery - Birthday Flowers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Take care all.

Avril

Happy birthday Avril.

I'm delighted to see you posting but saddened to hear you have been down lately.

We have been feeling down lately ourselves so after doing some calls we went to Whitby then Scarborough and had a brilliant day being out for 10 hours and we both feel rejuvenated with getting out.

Hopefully after May 17th we can eat in restaurants again and from June start cruising again.

Good luck for your second vaccines on Saturday and all goes well.

Very best wishes to a dear cruise critic friend.

Graham.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Take care all.

Avril

I know just how you feel Avril, I was the same last week.

It's no fun getting older but the alternative is much worse.

Here's to many more for us both

Eric

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh Avril sorry you’re not very happy at the moment and today of all days , you share your birthday with my MIL who was 84 today, you know on my 21st birthday ( when I celebrated them then ) I was so un happy about reaching 21 I thought it was all down hill then my youth had gone 😂 , hope you have many many more happy ones to come 🌞🌞

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bloodaxe said:

I know just how you feel Avril, I was the same last week.

It's no fun getter old but the alternative is much worse.

Here's to many more for us both

Eric

It's not because of my birthday Eric, that was a joke. It's a few personal things lately that seemed to come one after the other. I'll bounce back.

Avril

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's not because of my birthday Eric, that was a joke. It's a few personal things lately that seemed to come one after the other. I'll bounce back.

Avril

Happy Birthday Avril. Thinking of you and hope you 'bounce back' soon

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sending you a virtual hug Avril.

Glad to see your post (altho sorry you down) as you have been missed.

Gill x

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Take care all.

Avril

Sorry to read you’re feeling down Avril 😞 

I hope you manage to enjoy your birthday despite what’s on your mind xx

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Take care all.

Avril

Hello Avril. So sorry you're feeling down. Sometimes there's no reason - it just hits you, or creeps up on you, without warning. I hope you feel a bit more upbeat soon. In the meanwhile take care of yourself, be kind to yourself, and know that things will improve. Happy belated birthday and remember that you're loved and missed. With very best wishes. Jane.xxxx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey Avril - I’m glad you’ve checked in.  I was wondering whether to shout out for you but had decided to leave it another day or two.  Best wishes for a swift bounce-back, in due course.  Hope completing your vaccine course will give you a boost.

Another fine morning here but not as much sun as we’ve been used to & showers forecast for this afternoon.  Hopefully they will wait till we’ve walked back from our lunchtime pub meal

We both remarked yesterday that we’re feeling quite tired - not surprising as, after 6 months or so doing *nothing*, we’ve been real gadabouts since the mid-April lockdown release.  Quite a contrast

National news is again sounding good wrt infections and deaths/hospitalisations.  Very good for us but am I just being a scaredy-cat by looking elsewhere and worrying that there will be reinfections from foreign mutants?  Hopefully my fears are in vain

Have a good Friday everyone.  I used to love Friday so much (even tho’ I enjoyed my job) and the Friday feeling still hangs on

• Like 6