P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

46 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It's been raining very heavily and non stop since about 10 :00am, so if this continues all the way south and east, then you will get more than a good downpour.

No rain in Surrey at the moment, but the bird table is now in the fuchsia bush.

• Like 4

Went for our usual walk this morning and it was already quite windy. It’s strengthened significantly since then, but still no sign of any rain yet.

We’ve just been to the vaccination centre. OH had an appointment at 4pm and although mine was booked for next Friday they were happy to vaccinate me as well today. We’re both really pleased to have now had our second jabs. 

• Like 13

50 minutes ago, zap99 said:

No rain in Surrey at the moment, but the bird table is now in the fuchsia bush.

We've plenty of rain to spare Zap, it's been persistently persisting it down for the last 7 hours now. Even the poor fish are bucketing it out of the pond 😁.

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

There is a blast from the past we used to go Bridgemere in the morning then lunch in a pub called Boars Head but not sure and then go Stapeley Water Gardens in the afternoon. I am sure Bridgemere has changed dramatically has we havent been for years.

Stapeley Water Gardens has changed more than Bridgemere as it is now a housing estate where my son resides. I think there is still a garden centre in Stapeley though. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We've plenty of rain to spare Zap, it's been persistently persisting it down for the last 7 hours now. Even the poor fish are bucketing it out of the pond 😁.

Avril

🤣.Thanks for passing it down. At least it might get the dust off the car.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning everyone. Well I'm still fine after my jab, but unfortunately this 2nd one has knocked poor old Frank for six.  Headache, bad throat, washed out and aching all over. He was taking paracetamol yesterday and had an early night. I've just taken him a coffee up and he says he's feeling better than he did yesterday, but still aching. On the plus side though, he says his arm doesn't hurt this time, so his sense of humour is still there😁

A bit nippy here too this morning, but bright. The heavy rains and high winds are due around 2ish so it looks like a cosy day inside, lazing around 'Busy Doing Nothing'🎶

Good tip about the brollies Kalos, but when the winds arrive later on I'm sure there'll be quite a few UFO or Mary Poppins sightings reported 🛸☂️.

Have a good Bank Holiday whatever you, and Andy and Michelle are up to. 

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

Avril Best wishes for Frank to make a speedy recovery.

At least his arm didn't hurt this time.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaJane said:

Went for our usual walk this morning and it was already quite windy. It’s strengthened significantly since then, but still no sign of any rain yet.

We’ve just been to the vaccination centre. OH had an appointment at 4pm and although mine was booked for next Friday they were happy to vaccinate me as well today. We’re both really pleased to have now had our second jabs. 

That's fantastic news for you Jane that you got your second vaccine jab today as well as your OH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It's been raining very heavily and non stop since about 10 :00am, so if this continues all the way south and east, then you will get more than a goo

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It's been raining very heavily and non stop since about 10 :00am, so if this continues all the way south and east, then you will get more than a good downpour.

I live on the West and South Yorkshire border, so not far to travel from you, and I got my good downpour.

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I live on the West and South Yorkshire border, so not far to travel from you, and I got my good downpour.

We are between you two and it has persisted down since 11ish. Sleet and hail forecast tomorrow, deep joy.

• Like 2

It has stopped raining here - for now. At least the gardens have had their much needed watering 🙂

March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers ................

If they survive the cold winds and pouring rain that is.

Am now off to fret about my moorhens ......

Why build a nest in the middle of a pond with NO shelter?

Suppose she knows best 😉

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

It has stopped raining here - for now. At least the gardens have had their much needed watering 🙂

March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers ................

If they survive the cold winds and pouring rain that is.

Am now off to fret about my moorhens ......

Why build a nest in the middle of a pond with NO shelter?

Suppose she knows best 😉

Our baby moorhenlings were all OK this afternoon despite me not having been there to supervise them for 3 days. 

Morning everyone.

7°C and heavy rain this morning.

We are expecting the garden people to call today or tomorrow to put the summer fertilizer on our front and back garden.

Pauline is working from home but I need to go to the bank later so hopefully the rain has stopped by then.

Good luck everyone to those waiting for their second vaccine jabs and to Avril and Frank who had their vaccine jabs on Saturday to be back to normal.

Graham.

• Like 5

Attending an online "Speed Awareness" course today!

Third time I've been caught speeding in 50 years of motoring, and as my job entailed driving every day, (at one stage I was driving 50,000 miles a year), I reckon I'm not exactly a boy racer.  

But, you are never too old to learn,  so I'm actually quite looking forward to it, assuming I can manage the technology!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Third time I've been caught speeding in 50 years of motoring, and as my job entailed driving every day, (at one stage I was driving 50,000 miles a year), I reckon I'm not exactly a boy racer.  

But, you are never too old to learn,  so I'm actually quite looking forward to it, assuming I can manage the technology!

Good luck today Wowzz.

I was on one several years ago and it was good,it saved me getting any points and kept my license clean which for a sales representative is very important.

When they ask you where Most accidents are caused it is on winding country roads.👍

Edited by grapau27

Morning everyone another day just chilling out, the weather has calmed a little and just 

light rain now . I hope Your speeding course goes well Wowzz as you say you're never too

old to learn ..Just take your time with it . I was never caught speeding ,I must have been too

fast for them but then again I never speed now due my fear of speed bumps but I'm pleased

to say I'm slowly getting over them now :classic_unsure:

Have a good day everyone keep safe !

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I got caught a few years ago in Somerset. First time for about 20 years. I saw the van and got down to well under 40. Problem was it was a 30 limit. The £60 for the speed awareness course was money well spent. It had a lasting effect on me. Enjoy your education😁

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I got caught a few years ago in Somerset. First time for about 20 years. I saw the van and got down to well under 40. Problem was it was a 30 limit. The £60 for the speed awareness course was money well spent. It had a lasting effect on me. Enjoy your education😁

The three times I've been caught, have all been on motorways. Around town, country lanes etc, I'm pretty good, if I say so myself. It's on empty motorways I get into trouble!

Just now, wowzz said:

The three times I've been caught, have all been on motorways. Around town, country lanes etc, I'm pretty good, if I say so myself. It's on empty motorways I get into trouble!

It's those blooming vans. There is a 30 mile stretch of dual carriageway on the A3 in Hampshire. There is always a van, you just don't know where the ' wee donkey ' is going to be. 🤣

• Haha 1

Morning everyone, hope you are all fit and well today. 
No rain here this morning but really windy.

Spending this morning doing usual housework and I have a pile of ironing to tackle. I was going to the gym this afternoon but having a bit of trouble with my back again so not sure if it’s a good idea today. Hopefully it will be better tmoro but I know it can be a warning sign to me that it could go into spasm again which is agony.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe 

Michelle

• Like 5

Morning everyone. It's bloomin' cold, damp and windy here this morning, 7c with a feel of 3c. Another day for staying inside in the warm. Frank's back to normal this morning (or as normal as it's possible for him to be😁) so we're both chomping at the bit now, ready to go for a little meander next week, masks still firmly in place of course. The big problem now is, where to go and what to do, but it's a great problem to have. This time last year the answer would have been simple.  Nowhere😏

Have a good day whatever you're up to, and Andy and Michelle. Take care.

Avril

• Like 10

Good morning.

Light rain and wind has dropped after a very windy night. Come on warm sun we need you!

Shopping for paint today, not a job I like but got to be done. Better to do it with dodgy weather than when sunny and warm, unless you're painting outdoors.

Enough of my rambling. Stay safe.

• Like 2

Nice to see its not just us young uns getting done for speeding 😂 

I had one years ago. I was on my way to brid and the road I’m sure used to be 40 but apparently not I was doing 35. 
they made me drive all the way to hull to take it. I had to go on my red er5 and it was belting it down surprised I found the place. 

• Like 2