P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have  just received  the attach virtual medal from the person who organises our shifts at the vaccination site .  Apparently it is "Thank you day" on Sunday so I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has offered support and advice to anyone else during the awful times that we have all had to endure and to pass the medal on to you.

facebook-profile.jpg

That’s lovely Josy, well deserved 😊

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

And more lovely pics! 

I should be happy as I’m now on annual leave but I’m a bit grumpy as the next few days look like rubbish weather again -grrrr!

Oh Sue - I hope it works out better than the forecasts.  Grab the best of it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

And more lovely pics! 

I should be happy as I’m now on annual leave but I’m a bit grumpy as the next few days look like rubbish weather again -grrrr!

Hopefully the weather improves but at least you are on holiday and I hope you have a nice time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Jane, you and your NHS front line colleagues  deserve a real medal not a virtual one, I hope that when we are though this pandemic you will all be properly  recognised.

How kind of you to say that Josy. Thank you so much. As for recognition - it won't happen. It never does in the NHS. Our recognition is mostly for our colleagues who ran the front line in the hospitals at the start of this dreadful time. They are so deserving.  Jane.x

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

And more lovely pics! 

Yes, it seems to be going down hill again. 
I was thinking back to 2018, when everything was parched by this time due to lack of rain. It’s the opposite this year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Just got home, we had a lovely time 😁Nowhere was very busy other than the train home. I was a bit worried when there were mask-less groups on the train on the way there but in London nearly everyone seemed to be wearing them, quite a few wearing them outside too in areas that would usually be very busy. 
We walked past Buckingham Palace, it was the emptiest I’ve ever seen that area, we had a picnic in Green Park after seeing the lovely elephants. We went into Fortnum & Masons to buy some tea for my husband, who couldn’t come with us, and came out with jams, curds and biscuits too 🥴 it was almost empty, our local shops are busier! 
We wandered down to see a statue of my 5x great uncle, Sir John Franklin, then walked through Horse Guards parade, watched the guard change, walked round that area for a bit then spent some time in St James’s Park where we saw more elephants. It was just a nice walking day, glad we went, it felt like a little bit of normality  😊

I actually felt a bit emotional at times, my daughter would have died of embarrassment had I welled up 😂

Sounds like a lovely day Sarah. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves and well done for not embarrasing your daughter! Jane.x

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I was thinking back to 2018, when everything was parched by this time due to lack of rain. It’s the opposite this year

Had to get hosepipe out on borders tonight as some of the bedding plants begging to struggle due to lack of moisture, no significant rain for over a week and last few days have been sunny and dried the soil out. Forecast is for sunshine and showers tomorrow, but will wait and see. 

• Like 1

Snow Hill, I spent quite a bit of time this evening giving my garden a good drink after several days of hot weather. Having spent quite a lot on bedding plants, I had no option. An hour later the heavens opened and we got quite a drenching. I feel a bit guilty now but my garden keeps me sane in this crazy time.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Just got home, we had a lovely time 😁Nowhere was very busy other than the train home. I was a bit worried when there were mask-less groups on the train on the way there but in London nearly everyone seemed to be wearing them, quite a few wearing them outside too in areas that would usually be very busy. 
We walked past Buckingham Palace, it was the emptiest I’ve ever seen that area, we had a picnic in Green Park after seeing the lovely elephants. We went into Fortnum & Masons to buy some tea for my husband, who couldn’t come with us, and came out with jams, curds and biscuits too 🥴 it was almost empty, our local shops are busier! 
We wandered down to see a statue of my 5x great uncle, Sir John Franklin, then walked through Horse Guards parade, watched the guard change, walked round that area for a bit then spent some time in St James’s Park where we saw more elephants. It was just a nice walking day, glad we went, it felt like a little bit of normality  😊

I actually felt a bit emotional at times, my daughter would have died of embarrassment had I welled up 😂

Glad you had a lovely day and you done exactly what we did over 3 days , buying jams and biscuits and macaroons from fortnum & Masons, they had elephants in Berkley square too , you can buy them if you want they go up for auction if you got the space 😁I would love to have one of the baby ones .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Sometimes I am, sometimes not. I googled your ancestor. You must be very proud🏔️👏

It’s certainly an interesting story. There was a tv series recently called The Terror which was loosely based on his last expedition but it was largely fantasy genre and I couldn’t really get into it. Might try again one day 😊

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Glad you had a lovely day and you done exactly what we did over 3 days , buying jams and biscuits and macaroons from fortnum & Masons, they had elephants in Berkley square too , you can buy them if you want they go up for auction if you got the space 😁I would love to have one of the baby ones .

The baby ones were gorgeous 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

And more lovely pics! 

I hope it cheers up for you! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Eric.

We decided to have a trip down to Junction 32 outlet this morning then called at the York Designer outlet this afternoon and had lunch there.

Just as well I am used to driving many miles a day because we can see lots of nice places within 100 miles from home.

Graham.

IMG_20210702_114035.jpg

IMG_20210702_114619.jpg

IMG_20210702_125653.jpg

IMG_20210702_141253.jpg

IMG_20210702_142011.jpg

Graham it's hard to believe now but Junction 32 was once the site of a coal mine, I worked at the Power Station nearby.

• Like 1

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Saturday.

What fabulous photos we've had this week. I have so enjoyed seeing all the elephants, the restaurants, the food on plates, and of course Graham and Pauline single- handedly keeping the economy going! I still can't work out how G&P aren't built like brick outhouses - you must have a great metabolism guy

Busy week as usual for me these past 5 days but all good. I didn't have to remove anyone from the premises, didn't get any complaints from patients who aren't happy because they can't get a vaccine (they can) and most importantly, North Central London CCG has established a referral service for Long Covid patients of which there are many. 

I am already preparing myself for tonight's feast of football (she says hopefully). My England shirt is washed and ready, and the flags are hanging out of the windows - she lies!

Oh, one thing to mention: some months ago we were having a books and authors discussion and some of us said how much we liked the Lucinda Riley Seven Sisters series. So I was very sad to hear that Lucinda Riley passed away in June at the very young age of 55. RIP Lucinda.

It's raining heavily here at the moment and Teddy is pretending he doesn't need to go out! Have a good day everyone. Be well and safe. Best wishes as always. Jane.Xx

PS. Sue, enjoy your annual leave.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

2018 was a very hot summer. I went with my friend on a 7 night cruise to Lisbon, Porto etc leaving 8th June and I warned her it might not be great weather first day or so - it was hot and sunny from beginning to end! Hubby and I have left Southampton on June 1st and 9th and it wasn’t great!

My lawn is very green, I wouldn’t mind a few patches of brown!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Snow Hill, I spent quite a bit of time this evening giving my garden a good drink after several days of hot weather. Having spent quite a lot on bedding plants, I had no option. An hour later the heavens opened and we got quite a drenching. I feel a bit guilty now but my garden keeps me sane in this crazy time.

Woke up this morning and it’s raining heavily, no guilt about watering last night though. 

Edited by Snow Hill