P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh dear, I hope you recover quickly.... 

There is an argument for drinking, the pain would not have been so bad😊

Andy 

Yes and getting plastered through drink the recovery is normally faster.😉

• Like 1

Good morning everyone.

It has been raining all night long.

It is currently 11°C and still raining and forecast to rain for the rest of the day.

I have to pop out to do a sales call soon.

I hope everyone has a safe day.

Graham.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning everyone.

It is currently 11°C and still raining and forecast to rain for the rest of the day.

Graham.

Same here Graham. We may be hundreds of miles apart but joined by the weather! 

It's 4 weeks to our staycation with MSC and both my grandaughters are self-isolating due to the teachers in their respective classes coming down with Covid. I do hope neither of the them have a bad time with the virus - what a year those poor teachers have had. Neither of the girls will be going back to school before the Summer break and are testing virtually every day so fingers crossed. 

A very belated Happy Birthday to Michelle, a wish you better to Delgirl, and take good care to all. Be well and safe. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Same here Graham. We may be hundreds of miles apart but joined by the weather! 

It's 4 weeks to our staycation with MSC and both my grandaughters are self-isolating due to the teachers in their respective classes coming down with Covid. I do hope neither of the them have a bad time with the virus - what a year those poor teachers have had. Neither of the girls will be going back to school before the Summer break and are testing virtually every day so fingers crossed. 

A very belated Happy Birthday to Michelle, a wish you better to Delgirl, and take good care to all. Be well and safe. Best wishes. Jane.x

I hope both your granddaughters are free of covid19 and their teachers have been vaccinated so their illness will be mild.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope both your granddaughters are free of covid19 and their teachers have been vaccinated so their illness will be mild.

Take care.

Graham.

Thanks very much Graham. I hope so too. Have a good day and best wishes to Pauline as well. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks very much Graham. I hope so too. Have a good day and best wishes to Pauline as well. Jane.x

Oh dear. I’m sorry to hear about your granddaughters missing the end of the summer term. And, I hope they keep healthy. Bet you cannot wait for your cruise.

Ghastly weather here also overnight. Looks like Freddie’s walk will need to be carefully timed - although he is not that bothered!

Gill x

724D0E2B-4BB7-42DF-A2D0-5999FF9EB20F.jpeg

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Oh dear. I’m sorry to hear about your granddaughters missing the end of the summer term. And, I hope they keep healthy. Bet you cannot wait for your cruise.

Ghastly weather here also overnight. Looks like Freddie’s walk will need to be carefully timed - although he is not that bothered!

Gill x

724D0E2B-4BB7-42DF-A2D0-5999FF9EB20F.jpeg

That is exactly how Teddy looks when I tell him we don’t need to go for a walk! What a lovely picture Gill. Thank you.

Yes I'm really looking forward to our cruise now. I'm just worried about the girls catching it before we go. Still, if it's meant to be, it will. They are both so upset to miss the last week of term and I do feel for them.

Have a good day Gill and I hope that rain eases off enough for Freddie to get his walk. Dare I ask how the house sale is progressing?  Jane.x

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Beckett said:

That is exactly how Teddy looks when I tell him we don’t need to go for a walk! What a lovely picture Gill. Thank you.

Yes I'm really looking forward to our cruise now. I'm just worried about the girls catching it before we go. Still, if it's meant to be, it will. They are both so upset to miss the last week of term and I do feel for them.

Have a good day Gill and I hope that rain eases off enough for Freddie to get his walk. Dare I ask how the house sale is progressing?  Jane.x

So far so good Jane re house sale. Thank you for asking.

Buyer at the start of chain is having a problem with mortgage so all still a bit iffy - all the other buyers seem solid and cash buyers.

Sun out now in West Sussex.

Gill x

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Buyer at the start of chain is having a problem with mortgage so all still a bit iffy - all the other buyers seem solid and cash buyers.

Gill x

Glad to hear you've got a buyer, I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how it was going. 

Our daughter is buying a house, no chain on either end and it's still taking ages 😏

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Glad to hear you've got a buyer, I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how it was going. 

Our daughter is buying a house, no chain on either end and it's still taking ages 😏

Thanks Sarah.

There seems to be a bit of a hold up at the moment with mortgage agreements plus I did hear everyone had been prioritising those that would have saved on the stamp duty.

Sadly three times I’ve had no chain three times and three times the sale has collapsed (one illness, one death and one pain in the a***).

Hopefully things will now speed up for your daughter.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning everyone.

Graham.

Same here and unfortunately it is a bowling day so it looks like I'll be wearing waterproofs this afternoon 😟

• Like 1

How is everyone feeling about masks not being mandatory from 19th July ?  Personally I have decided that I will continue to wear my mask when I am anywhere where there maybe a lot of people such as in shops.

• Like 9

Good morning, although that doesn't apply to the weather !

So it's going to be down to personal choice how you approach protecting yourself against Covid. I agree we couldn't go on forever restricting peoples lives, personally I will wear a mask in an indoor situation with lots of people around.

Stay safe.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning, although that doesn't apply to the weather !

So it's going to be down to personal choice how you approach protecting yourself against Covid. I agree we couldn't go on forever restricting peoples lives, personally I will wear a mask in an indoor situation with lots of people around.

Stay safe.

We will do the same but everyone tells us that wearing a mask protects others, not us. So if we get on a train and we are the only folk wearing masks, is that anything other than a gesture.?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Gill x

Fingers crossed for you this time Gill.  It sounds hopeful.  Still raining in North London!.  Jane.x

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We will do the same but everyone tells us that wearing a mask protects others, not us. So if we get on a train and we are the only folk wearing masks, is that anything other than a gesture.?

It will give a level of protection, so anything is better than nothing, and it will make me feel better !

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

How is everyone feeling about masks not being mandatory from 19th July ?  Personally I have decided that I will continue to wear my mask when I am anywhere where there maybe a lot of people such as in shops.

Personally, as one of around a million in the UK with suppressed immune systems for whom vaccines provide little or no protection, horrified at the additional risks.

100,000 or more cases a day now forecast by the Health Secretary, and I’ll be using a FFP3 mask if I have to come into contact with anyone. Looks like hiding away is going to become even more essential.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Thanks Sarah.

There seems to be a bit of a hold up at the moment with mortgage agreements plus I did hear everyone had been prioritising those that would have saved on the stamp duty.

Sadly three times I’ve had no chain three times and three times the sale has collapsed (one illness, one death and one pain in the a***).

Hopefully things will now speed up for your daughter.

Thank you. I think it’s a probate sale so the children of the previous owner want it sold on quickly and the flat my daughter rents has now got a buyer so they have to be out by sometime next month. I’m just hoping they don’t have to move in here for a while 😳
It’s fairly close to where we live so I walked our Grandson over there last week and noticed that a damaged bit of fence that had been patched up had been damaged again. I don’t suppose anything will be done about it as the sellers aren’t local so my husband’s DIY list is growing and they don’t even own it yet 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Personally, as one of around a million in the UK with suppressed immune systems for whom vaccines provide little or no protection, horrified at the additional risks.

100,000 or more cases a day now forecast by the Health Secretary, and I’ll be using a FFP3 mask if I have to come into contact with anyone. Looks like hiding away is going to become even more essential.

Harry, in your position I fully understand why you would need to use a FFP3 mask. My understanding however, is that this type of mask allows exhaled air out through a filter,  and therefore is not necessarily ideal for general public usage, given that it does not prevent possible onward transmission of CV19. 

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Harry, in your position I fully understand why you would need to use a FFP3 mask. My understanding however, is that this type of mask allows exhaled air out through a filter,  and therefore is not necessarily ideal for general public usage, given that it does not prevent possible onward transmission of CV19. 

There are two types of FFP3 mask - valved and unvalved. The type you are referring to is valved and provides protection only to the wearer.

I have purposefully purchased the other type (unvalved), which protects both the wearer and those the wearer is in contact with.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I will continue to wear mine certainly when out and about indoors, I rarely use public transport, and during the lockdowns switch to online shopping,  which I have found less stressful so unlikely to switch back to visiting shops. Pubs aren’t a problem for us, we never go in any!  We will contour outdoor pursuits, visiting gardens, walks and if my shoulder and neck gets better I may return to golf course. 

We are still in too minds when to book a cruise it will either be late 2022 or 2023, we are looking at all cruise lines not just P&O who are the only ones we have been with before. 

With my 70th birthday next year hoping to have a special holiday somewhere assuming we can leave the U.K. by then. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

There are two types of FFP3 mask - valved and unvalved. The type you are referring to is valved and provides protection only to the wearer.

I have purposefully purchased the other type (unvalved), which protects both the wearer and those the wearer is in contact with.

Thanks for the clarification- I did not realise there were two different types.

I should have known that you would have opted for the unvalved type.  

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

It still offers some protection to the wearer and probably encourages others to mask up

• Like 1