P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

It will give a level of protection, so anything is better than nothing, and it will make me feel better !

As long as it makes you feel better Bob, it was all worthwhile.🤣

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It still offers some protection to the wearer and probably encourages others to mask up

Good point, I'll do that then. DW tells me to put may mask on at home. Nothing to do with the virus🤣

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

There are two types of FFP3 mask - valved and unvalved. The type you are referring to is valved and provides protection only to the wearer.

I have purposefully purchased the other type (unvalved), which protects both the wearer and those the wearer is in contact with.

I saw a number of visitors wearing FFP2 or 3 masks on Sunday whilst doing my volunteering shift, getting them may become an issue. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

How is everyone feeling about masks not being mandatory from 19th July ?  Personally I have decided that I will continue to wear my mask when I am anywhere where there maybe a lot of people such as in shops.

Agree

8C57D089-7515-4DC1-BCCE-83C4E0B3D31E.jpeg

• Like 9

In a crowded environment, I may put on a mask to protect others.

The chances of me contracting CV19, given my personal circumstances, are infinitessimal, so my mask wearing will purely be for altruistic reasons.

• Like 3

Afternoon all. A strange day here weather wise, one moment raining, another really sunny. A quiet  day for us, bit of shopping, bit of housework, bit of general sorting out of things before our holiday. Just printed out a few tickets for things I’ve booked. 

A busy day tomorrow, it’s my dad’s birthday and we already have our grandson so we’ve invited my parents for lunch so they can see Joshua as well which they will enjoy. First thing I’m getting my nails done (leaving John in charge of the little one!) Then they’ll be all the excitement of the football later.

Re masks, I’m going to see how it goes, still everyone seemed to be wearing their masks at my local shopping centre. I don’t think I’d be happy booking something thinking we’d be socially distanced and then find I’m sitting close to strangers eg theatres. I’d still wear one on a busy train though, thought that rule might be kept. One to watch …

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

With my 70th birthday next year hoping to have a special holiday somewhere assuming we can leave the U.K. by then. 

My husband is 70 later this year. We originally had two big cruises booked for this year and early next year - also to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary next month.

That was revised to a coach trip to Edinburgh for our 40th (already cancelled by the operator) and a visit to a Warner's Hotel for my husband's 70th.  We pay for that early next month ......  but will see what things are looking like at the time 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

How is everyone feeling about masks not being mandatory from 19th July ?  Personally I have decided that I will continue to wear my mask when I am anywhere where there maybe a lot of people such as in shops.

We will do the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon all. A strange day here weather wise, one moment raining, another really sunny. A quiet  day for us, bit of shopping, bit of housework, bit of general sorting out of things before our holiday. Just printed out a few tickets for things I’ve booked. 

A busy day tomorrow, it’s my dad’s birthday and we already have our grandson so we’ve invited my parents for lunch so they can see Joshua as well which they will enjoy. First thing I’m getting my nails done (leaving John in charge of the little one!) Then they’ll be all the excitement of the football later.

Re masks, I’m going to see how it goes, still everyone seemed to be wearing their masks at my local shopping centre. I don’t think I’d be happy booking something thinking we’d be socially distanced and then find I’m sitting close to strangers eg theatres. I’d still wear one on a busy train though, thought that rule might be kept. One to watch …

Sending happy birthday wishes for your dad for tomorrow Sue.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Personally, as one of around a million in the UK with suppressed immune systems for whom vaccines provide little or no protection, horrified at the additional risks.

100,000 or more cases a day now forecast by the Health Secretary, and I’ll be using a FFP3 mask if I have to come into contact with anyone. Looks like hiding away is going to become even more essential.

My sympathies go to people in your position Harry with suppressed immune systems.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 4

Afternoon everyone.

We went to wednesday Eucharist at church this morning.

This afternoon I went to get my blood pressure checked then we  got ice creams, coffee and hot chocolate and sat at the beach for a while.

It is 20°C cloudy and humid now.

Graham.

IMG_20210707_122830.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 5:38 PM, grapau27 said:

Sending happy birthday wishes for your dad for tomorrow Sue.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Graham.

Thank you. John and I are now recovering from the whirlwind that is our grandson! 
Dad and mum enjoyed their lunch and seeing their great grandson. ( He is 84 today- my dad not their great grandson 😂)

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Well done those boys. Woo hoo!!!!!!!

Well played Denmark, really well played.

England v Italy,I was dreading it.World cup 2014,local bar, us 2 English,loads of Italians and 4 "sweatys" with Italian shirts on.Loads of banter.Different result this Sunday,Brian.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

England v Italy,I was dreading it.World cup 2014,local bar, us 2 English,loads of Italians and 4 "sweatys" with Italian shirts on.Loads of banter.Different result this Sunday,Brian.

I think you're right Brian and I hope you're wrong! 

For now though, who cares! I'm just going to celebrate the very unusual feeling of pure unadulterated joy that last night seemed to bring to the country.

A group of 6 boys, 14-ish in age, has just passed my door on their way to school, all singing Sweet Caroline word perfect. Uplifting.

Happy Thursday everyone. Jane.x

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

It was genuinely uplifting to see all the happy people last night.

when sport is done right, it’s a powerful way to bring people together. 

On this date 20 years ago, I set foot on a cruise ship for the first time, for Aurora’s Images of the Mediterranean cruise. ( I loved it when cruises were given names). I enjoyed the first few days getting used to life on board and then doing a walking tour in Barcelona. On the second port day, I stepped out on to the balcony, and the thrill of seeing Monte Carlo spread out before me still lives with me today. It was at that point I realised that cruising is what I want to do. And I did. We didn’t have a cruise in 2002, but we cruised every year from 2003 to 2019, sometimes 2 or 3 times a year, I’ve loved it all. I can’t honestly say that I will cruise again anytime soon, even though I have 2 cruises booked for next year. But I’ve had the time of my life. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I think you're right Brian and I hope you're wrong! 

For now though, who cares! I'm just going to celebrate the very unusual feeling of pure unadulterated joy that last night seemed to bring to the country.

A group of 6 boys, 14-ish in age, has just passed my door on their way to school, all singing Sweet Caroline word perfect. Uplifting.

Happy Thursday everyone. Jane.x

As someone who has been critical of the way England have played in the tournament, I was pleased to see a much more positive display during this game which was played at a higher tempo. 

What does disappoint me though is the thought that the penalty was so soft it could be termed squishy (or cheating by diving). Mind you, as Sterling was running towards the by-line, he ran past another ball on the pitch. Obviously none of the officials noticed it but it is clear on the video. As for the moron who shone a green laser pen at the Danish goalkeepers face as the penalty was taken, words fail me. At least the goalkeeper did not seem to try to use it as a excuse, especially as he saved the penalty.

I just hope that Sunday’s final will have no controversy and that, as last night, the better team wins.

I trust everything is worth the almost certain spike in Covid cases from the stadium and more likely the pubs and impromptu celebrations. Probably many more to come on Sunday, especially if England win.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pete14 said:

As someone who has been critical of the way England have played in the tournament, I was pleased to see a much more positive display during this game which was played at a higher tempo. 

What does disappoint me though is the thought that the penalty was so soft it could be termed squishy (or cheating by diving). Mind you, as Sterling was running towards the by-line, he ran past another ball on the pitch. Obviously none of the officials noticed it but it is clear on the video. As for the moron who shone a green laser pen at the Danish goalkeepers face as the penalty was taken, words fail me. At least the goalkeeper did not seem to try to use it as a excuse, especially as he saved the penalty.

I just hope that Sunday’s final will have no controversy and that, as last night, the better team wins.

I trust everything is worth the almost certain spike in Covid cases from the stadium and more likely the pubs and impromptu celebrations. Probably many more to come on Sunday, especially if England win.

I've heard Southgate is going to call up Tom Daley for Sunday 😀