P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning guys it's a dry, dark, autumn like morning here and the first of September .

I like this time of year, walking along collecting  all the pretty coloured leaves that fall

off the trees (sounds better than saying I'm a road sweeper :classic_unsure:)

I do believe that September is national  camouflage month but you never see anyone 

celebrating it do you ? :classic_unsure: It will soon be 22 September the real beginning of autumn 

so it's bye to summertime ,I think I will have a nice cuppa and watch the day break .

Have a nice day folks and stay safe :classic_love:

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Your mask wearing policy in Wales is much more sensible than ours in England.  It really is no great imposition to wear a mask, it does help stop the spread of the virus, and yet some daft misconception of 'freedom' has persuaded our politicians to chase votes instead of safety.

I agree with your comment, however we are going to have the live with this virus for ever now, and as a glasses wearer I certainly dont want to have to have to wear a mask in public places forever.

• Like 1

You are all going to have to manage without me for a while as, all being well, I go in for a heart valve replacement tomorrow.  Not looking forward to it one iota but needs must so just want it over now. Happy cruising everyone and stay safe.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Ardennais said:

But so many older people just don’t wear them properly - they cover the mouth but lots slip down over the nose with them. 

Many older people find it difficult to breathe properly when wearing a mask over their nose. They know the importance of wearing a mask, but would rather try to wear one the best way they can than none at all. 

Avril

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Sharon said:

You are all going to have to manage without me for a while as, all being well, I go in for a heart valve replacement tomorrow.  Not looking forward to it one iota but needs must so just want it over now. Happy cruising everyone and stay safe.

All the best Sharon. You will be missed. Good luck (I'm sure you won't need it), and hurry back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes Sharon for your heart valve replacement operation tomorrow and wishing you a very successful outcome.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Many older people find it difficult to breathe properly when wearing a mask over their nose. They know the importance of wearing a mask, but would rather try to wear one the best way they can than none at all. 

Avril

Then they might as well not bother.  Same as with those useless plastic visors, that just concentrate your breath,  so as to better infect everyone!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

All the best Sharon. Just keep in mind how much healthier you will feel afterwards. Get well soon.x

Avril

8 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I hope everything goes well for you Sharon.

13 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Hope all goes well for you Sharon.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I agree with your comment, however we are going to have the live with this virus for ever now, and as a glasses wearer I certainly dont want to have to have to wear a mask in public places forever.

DW thinks I should still wear one when out in Public. Nowt to do with the virus.🤔

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Does that mean we can say what we please for a few days?.😁

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

All the best Sharon ,you will be up and about before you know it .:classic_love:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Hope you’re in and out quickly and successfully, Sharon. As you say, not something you’ll be looking forward to, but it’ll be good to get it done, and far better now than later on when hospitals are going to be under much greater pressure and it could be cancelled.

Harry

• Like 1

Was very dark and rainy looking when I got up, but has cleared up now and the sun is out.

We are asking guests at the hotel to wear masks in all public area and when moving around the dining room and explaining it's due the rapid increase of covid in the area, but it feels like a waste of breath😒

Have taken a walk down to Asda this morning and mask wearing is about 50/50. 

Just booked tickets for December to go and see Cinderella in Truro. What started off a five people interested escalated and ended with eleven of us going. Something to look forward to in the dull months.

Best wishes and hope all goes well for you Sharon and you make a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Good luck tomorrow Sharon and we look forward to having you quickly back on board with us all.

• Like 1

Back today from a great wedding.It was in a 16th century converted barn at Crondon pk golf course.The bride and groom and everyone on our table grew up with my OH in Whitechapel.After the wedding breakfast 2 of the waiters performed a "flash mob" and started singing and got everyone dancing and singing around their tables.There was an artist doing characterture sketchs of everyone all paid for by the bride and groom.Finally the icing on the cake in Eastend tradition,a free bar all night.I,m now a dad dancing champion,might run for parliament.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We went food shopping this morning in Morrison's and at least 50% of customers and staff were not wearing masks.

It was almost 100% of under 40s not wearing masks while most over 40s were wearing masks 

Take care.😷.

Graham.

When I have been shopping I have observed much the same, in general many more over 40s wear a masks than under. In a local coop there were about 12 people in the shop and all bar 2 were wearing masks and those looked like they were in their 20s, one was a customer and the other a shop worker. All of the other customers looked over 50.

Yesterday my wife was shopping and another customer came up to her quite close to ask her a question, the person had their mask under their chin not covering the mouth or nose. My wife gestured to the person to pull her mask up and was given a sharp response that that they had been double jabbed!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Hoping that all will go well and that you have a speedy recovery.Take Care

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

What’s the point of wearing one at all then?! My children all wear specs and find it difficult to see when wearing their masks, but they still wear them properly, and I’m the same. No excuses.