Carnival Mardi Gras January 2021-Is it cancelled?

Allure2020

1 minute ago, Joebucks said:

You are right that it is not a fact until it comes from Carnival (even then, it still may not be). It just seems highly unlikely that in this time of uncertainty, a cruise ship would sell out a year in advance. I looked at Mardi Gras cruises within the past week, and there was plenty of options available. The only logical explanation I could think of is that all of these people with cancels jumped to early next year on that specific ship. Still seems unlikely to me. It's also possible that the ship is being delayed again.

Sadly, lots of unknown things now.  Their booking system has acted quirky (mild analysis) prob due to being bludgeoned by actions.  I frankly have no idea.  

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Sadly, lots of unknown things now.  Their booking system has acted quirky (mild analysis) prob due to being bludgeoned by actions.  I frankly have no idea.  

I would love if it is just a booking issue. I was highly interested in taking a Mardi Gras cruise in January/February. That may have to wait 😞

17 hours ago, rolloman said:

Link? 

I cannot link but Meyer Werft has cancelled tours, limited staff to maintain social distance. Workers in different areas arrive at different times, and must enter through different gates. Hours are cut to 6 hours a day, no lunch, no breaks, no food allowed, and smoking is restricted to only a few people in the "smoking area" at a time. Anyone with a sniffle is being sent home, and no more than 2 people can assemble in one spot. 

On 3/23/2020 at 7:46 AM, Joebucks said:

No cruises are available for booking on the Mardi Gras through March 2021. No way it is sold out.

My PVP said that is exactly the case.

He said those Mardis Gras sailings were already 90% booked before everyone started getting the FCC and OBC from cancelled cruises and now they are fully booked.

Sailings should pop up now and then when people cancel their cabin and then disappear once that cabin is booked.

2 minutes ago, NightOne said:

He said those Mardis Gras sailings were already 90% booked before everyone started getting the FCC and OBC from cancelled cruises and now they are fully booked.

Sailings should pop up now and then when people cancel their cabin and then disappear once that cabin is booked.

I booked on March 7th for my January 2021 cruise and there were a ton of rooms still available in all the categories.  So in just over 2 weeks 12 or so different sailings all sold out?

12 minutes ago, Allure2020 said:

I booked on March 7th for my January 2021 cruise and there were a ton of rooms still available in all the categories.  So in just over 2 weeks 12 or so different sailings all sold out?

26 Ships worth of passengers from March 14th to April 10th were cancelled and given FCC and OBC.

Mardis Gras is the newest ship. Not hard to believe at all. 🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NightOne said:

26 Ships worth of passengers from March 14th to April 10th were cancelled and given FCC and OBC.

When our October Halloween cruise was cancelled we booked the Sunrise for Halloween  2021. Then we booked the Mardi Gras for October Halloween 2022. I think we are good to go! We always do Carnival for our Halloween cruise After trying others that just do not do it like Carnival. Mardi Gras and Halloween just go together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Early last week, we booked a Mardi Gras jan 2021 sailing and while researching before booking there were loads of cabins available for multiple sailings this coming winter. The next day they all disappeared. There is no way they sold out. IMO, I believe there is going to be a delay and those sailings were removed from the website to prevent further bookings. 

2 hours ago, TeresaJ said:

Early last week, we booked a Mardi Gras jan 2021 sailing and while researching before booking there were loads of cabins available for multiple sailings this coming winter. The next day they all disappeared. There is no way they sold out. IMO, I believe there is going to be a delay and those sailings were removed from the website to prevent further bookings. 

We shall see. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 8:46 AM, Joebucks said:

You are right that it is not a fact until it comes from Carnival (even then, it still may not be). It just seems highly unlikely that in this time of uncertainty, a cruise ship would sell out a year in advance. I looked at Mardi Gras cruises within the past week, and there was plenty of options available. The only logical explanation I could think of is that all of these people with cancels jumped to early next year on that specific ship. Still seems unlikely to me. It's also possible that the ship is being delayed again.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that 75% or more that were booked on the first 8 cancelled cruises re-booked on the first of the year cruises.  People wanted to cruise on the new and different ship.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 1:49 PM, NightOne said:

Let’s be realistic. The ship is not sold out.

Have you heard about the leaked NCL email instructing associates for say the other sailings are nearly sold out because everyone with cancelled Asia bookings was changing their cruise?

Edited by xDisconnections

I'm not sure if people are just in denial but saying that four months of sailings sold-out at the same exact time is silly.  Remember this is the same story line Carnival followed when the Legend, Spirit and Radiance sailings disappeared until they were formally cancelled.  People on this board tend to be avid cruisers but outside of the die hard cruise fans, bookings are at all time lows right now. For 12-20 sailings to sell out at the same exact time, when there was plenty of availability before hand, is simply impossible. This shipyard has a bad reputation for having multiple delays for this class of ship and this was before any impact from covid-19. People saying everyone on the first round of cancelled voyages re-booked the Mardi Gras right after is also not true. Some yes but not all. I know of several hundred, including myself, who were on the cancelled European sailing that switched to the Legend. Carnival needs cash right now which is why I think they haven't officially announced these sailings being cancelled and its better for them to delay the request for cash refunds. People can continue to believe these sailings magically sold-out in an instant however I would highly suggest coming up with a backup plan because that will need to be executed. 

Edited by ohioNCLcruiser
  • Like 3

On the Meyer Turku fb page post as of April 3 :

At the beginning of the weekend, it's a good time to stop and admire the amazing moments from the Costa Smeralda building! On the video you can see the way of a luxury cruiser who left us in December to graduate production. Sound on, sound on! 😉

Our work on shipbuilding continues even in exceptional circumstances, but in many new ways of action to prevent the spread of coronavirus. We monitor the progress of the situation every day and increase instructions.🤞😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepchick444 said:

On the Meyer Turku fb page post as of April 3 :

At the beginning of the weekend, it's a good time to stop and admire the amazing moments from the Costa Smeralda building! On the video you can see the way of a luxury cruiser who left us in December to graduate production. Sound on, sound on! 😉

Our work on shipbuilding continues even in exceptional circumstances, but in many new ways of action to prevent the spread of coronavirus. We monitor the progress of the situation every day and increase instructions.🤞😎

Looks like they have a lot to still do 🤣.  We pushed our cancelled cruise from October 2020 to May 2021.  I'm wondering if it will be ready by then according to the videos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

I'm not sure if people are just in denial but saying that four months of sailings sold-out at the same exact time is silly.  Remember this is the same story line Carnival followed when the Legend, Spirit and Radiance sailings disappeared until they were formally cancelled.  People on this board tend to be avid cruisers but outside of the die hard cruise fans, bookings are at all time lows right now. For 12-20 sailings to sell out at the same exact time, when there was plenty of availability before hand, is simply impossible. This shipyard has a bad reputation for having multiple delays for this class of ship and this was before any impact from covid-19. People saying everyone on the first round of cancelled voyages re-booked the Mardi Gras right after is also not true. Some yes but not all. I know of several hundred, including myself, who were on the cancelled European sailing that switched to the Legend. Carnival needs cash right now which is why I think they haven't officially announced these sailings being cancelled and its better for them to delay the request for cash refunds. People can continue to believe these sailings magically sold-out in an instant however I would highly suggest coming up with a backup plan because that will need to be executed. 

Only time will tell. Speculation either way is just that ... speculation.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

John was asked on FB about the potential for deferral of dates for the Mardi Gras, and he replied there were no changes to delivery. 

The company line of course. 😀

• Like 1

Well, I am preparing for her to be cancelled on me again, I was booked on Oct 2020 and rebooked on Feb 6th 2021 if it is cancelled again, I will rebook for later in the year 2021. Dang it, I'm getting on that ship!!! Lord willing!!!

• Like 3

On 4/6/2020 at 8:59 AM, ohioNCLcruiser said:

I completely agree. There is no way all these sailings sold out in a day or so. We are booked for January 2021 but have doubts. We are looking at another cruise as a back up.

Five cruises booked and three of those on Mardi Gras in 2021.   Do have additional friends and family who are on a ‘waitlist’ to sail with us in February.  Maybe MG is sold out or maybe it’s a Studio 54 scenario, anyone’s guess.  Either way, I am a betting Man who remains optimistic about all of it.

Safe travels and happy future sailings!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clhayes said:

Five cruises booked and three of those on Mardi Gras in 2021.   Do have additional friends and family who are on a ‘waitlist’ to sail with us in February.  Maybe MG is sold out or maybe it’s a Studio 54 scenario, anyone’s guess.  Either way, I am a betting Man who remains optimistic about all of it.

Safe travels and happy future sailings!

Love the optimism. 

• Like 1