How long do you think p O will cancel for after 11thApril

Tikka234

35 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

They will all be cancelled, but I suspect it will be in 4 week hits, possibly to enable P&O to mange the calls. 

I think there wont be any cruises before at least September, but that is only my guess, nobody knows. 

Andy 

I seriously doubt that it will be that soon.

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Would agree Andy, but I would make it later.  Also, as travel insurance is not going to cover Covid 19, it would be difficult to see how you can cruise until there is a vaccination.

You and Josy are probably right Jean, but as I said, nobody knows... 

When the worse is over, there will be a big push to get the economy moving again and I suspect insurance companies will get help to be realistic. 

Again, only surmising as nobody knows anything... 

Andy 

• Like 1

I spoke to one of the leading cruise TAs in the country about my cruise on Cunard on May 6th and my options and he said the current policy doesnt change if I leave it for a while so to hang on because in his words there is slim to no chance of the cruise happening and they will have to cancel so they will be forced to refund my payments in full.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Would agree Andy, but I would make it later.  Also, as travel insurance is not going to cover Covid 19, it would be difficult to see how you can cruise until there is a vaccination.

Many experts say that it will be at least 12 months for a vaccine to be available and I dont think cruise lines can afford to not operate for 12 months so they will be all going into administration or sailing when they have hopefully got this virus under some sort of control.

• Like 1

sadly cant see any sailings with any company going until at least november also think many people will be wary of cruising when this is all over given the ease of how easy it is to pick up viruses on cruise ships 

Hope someone can help me out.  We have a cruise booked for late September and we have already paid half of the total price.  With the current climate as it is will i still be expected to pay the balance in June only for P&O to ( in all probability ) to cancel the cruise?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

They will all be cancelled, but I suspect it will be in 4 week hits, possibly to enable P&O to mange the calls. 

I think there wont be any cruises before at least September, but that is only my guess, nobody knows. 

Andy 

That would be my guess as well Andy, But I imagine all cruise lines will do what the CLIA says.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonstone01 said:

Hope someone can help me out.  We have a cruise booked for late September and we have already paid half of the total price.  With the current climate as it is will i still be expected to pay the balance in June only for P&O to ( in all probability ) to cancel the cruise?

Thanks in advance

OK, so I don't know why you have paid half of the total when you didn't need to, but I think if you now cancel, before 90 days you should be able to get a refund on all except your deposit.

Well, we are booked on Arcadia on April 12th. The world and his wife knows that the cruise will not be going ahead,  but P&O are still pretending that all is OK. They are obviously trying to exert pressure on the government to allow them to offer a FCC rather than a refund.

We got an email two weeks ago saying that we could cancel and get a refund,  as my wife is over 70,  but not to call until nearer the time.  Hey ho, P&O are now trying to change their T&Cs. Shame.

I know these are difficult times, but P&O/Carnival are not coming over well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, we are booked on Arcadia on April 12th. The world and his wife knows that the cruise will not be going ahead,  but P&O are still pretending that all is OK. They are obviously trying to exert pressure on the government to allow them to offer a FCC rather than a refund.

We got an email two weeks ago saying that we could cancel and get a refund,  as my wife is over 70,  but not to call until nearer the time.  Hey ho, P&O are now trying to change their T&Cs. Shame.

I know these are difficult times, but P&O/Carnival are not coming over well. 

I'm in the same boat as you.  I got the email about getting a refund back on March 13th and have emailed them back twice now trying to get that (I'm 71 and undergoing chemo), but they have never responded back.  I'm in the U.S. so trying to call and hang on for a long time in hopes of someone to actually talk to is extremely expensive.  I'm already losing hundreds of dollars on an air ticket and pre-cruise accommodation deposit.  Now, of course, they have changed their policy to no refund.  My opinion of P&O is not very good at the moment at all.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:47 AM, comcox said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  I got the email about getting a refund back on March 13th and have emailed them back twice now trying to get that (I'm 71 and undergoing chemo), but they have never responded back.  I'm in the U.S. so trying to call and hang on for a long time in hopes of someone to actually talk to is extremely expensive.  I'm already losing hundreds of dollars on an air ticket and pre-cruise accommodation deposit.  Now, of course, they have changed their policy to no refund.  My opinion of P&O is not very good at the moment at all.

This is just a thought....if you need to phone P&O could you not phone them through Whatsapp so that at least you are not paying for the call.

Even though I cruise with P&O many times....some aspects of it suit us...but when we have had " issues" with P&O before they displayed the same take it or leave it attitude so how they are handling this situation....badly....is of no surprise to me.

18 minutes ago, Elaine0138 said:

Disney have cancelled all cruises until end of May, also their European and Alaska seasons are cancelled.  So I expect most cruise line will be following the same pattern.

The RCI brands have extended the suspension to 12th May.  I suspect that is what Carnival Corp will do with their brands.  Alaska cruises are off until 1st July because of Canada's ban on cruise ships.