Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

@Host Hattie I get my booster and flu on the 28th, it was really hard to find an opening to get it. There are forest fires burning in our area, and usually the rain clears out the smoke. We’ve been in air alerts for several days. The kids can’t go out and play and even watering the lawn made my DH cough. Rain is on the way on Friday. Red dots are bad.

288C7BBD-47EC-4F81-9933-8E1D831C9D2A.png

On 10/16/2022 at 5:17 PM, Bigmike911 said:

I had confused "best of" numbers. I think I would rather we play the Yankees to the Cleveland "Whatevers".

It would appear that I got my wish. The Astros play the New York Yankees starting this evening. I wish them luck. 

• Like 1

We got our Moderna updated covid boosters last week at Walgreens Pharmacy in Florida (we got our flu shots last month). It was quite easy to schedule and get the booster done.

My mom got her updated booster and her flu shot at the same time this year (and had no problems doing so), but my husband and I wanted to stay on our normal vaccination schedule. We always get the flu shot every year in September... and our covid booster last year was in October. It seemed to make sense to get in the habit of a "yearly" covid booster... so October it is!

• Like 1

We had our flu jabs last Saturday at Boots, like Ray66. Our covid boosters are booked for Monday. I managed to catch covid for the second time a few days after our QV cruise in September. Monday is the first day I can have the booster after waiting the 28 days after getting the virus.

Luckily, I was ok this time round - just breathless. No other symptoms. And Mr Camgirl managed to avoid it completely. 

• Like 1

We checked in for the TA portion of our voyage today so all the paperwork except the health declarations are done. We are packing and will leave for London on Friday.

The house is clean and we also pressure washed the patio and cleaned the cushion covers.

I’ve been making Thanksgiving staples and freezing them. Yesterday I made pecan pie, today I made stuffing and there will be pumpkin pie soon. The pie shell is cooling from its parbake. Sweet potato casserole is next. The turkey breast is thawing and it will be the last thing made and frozen. MisterTonopah wants to smoke it on the grill. 

Mister’s birthday is also just before Thanksgiving so there is very little time for any prep that week. Also, who wants to do anything after a long, luxurious trip with others doing all the work?

It is 75°F 24°C here in Big Swampy. Just lovely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronpes said:

In Napier (New Zealand) today.
Lovely day here with temps in mid 60’s. 

Away for a quick breakfast and then ashore. 

What an absolutely beautiful town and the fantastic art-deco architecture everywhere. I don’t know what the temperature is but it is absolutely roasting here today and we had to get out of the heat.

After Friday I will have limited internet access. I’ll be cheering for the Phillies. They were fun to watch in the playoffs. Sadly, my superpower seems to be to doom any team I cheer for. Think they’ll show the games on the QM2?

21 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Someone is going to have translate this for me! 

American professional baseball.  We have just completed the rounds of playoffs for the two leagues.  The Philadelphia Phillies have won the National League championship, and the Houston Astros won the American League.  Starting Friday, they will play in the World Series.  Best of seven series.  My Atlanta Braves won last year.  EM

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Someone is going to have translate this for me! 

The last few posts on this thread are discussing the annual Major League Baseball championship in North America called the "World Series" where this year the Houston Astros of the American League will be taking on the Philadelphia Phillies of the National League in a best 4 games out of 7 series. Games 1 and 2 will be played in Houston on Friday and Saturday (Oct 28-29). The series shifts to Philadelphia for games 3, 4 and game 5 if necessary on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (Oct 31-Nov 2). If games 6 and 7 are necessary, the series will move back to Houston for the final games on the following Friday and Saturday (Nov 4-5).

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1