Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

The hurricane was a non-event for us.  Some rain, not a lot of wind.  The eye passed close to us, but everything major was on the west side.  In this shot, we are the blue dot:

IMG_2050.jpeg
But I used the waiting time to book a cruise.  Another MSC, 7 days in Dec.  on Seashore from Port Canaveral.  I’m already mentally packing my suitcase…

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

The hurricane was a non-event for us.  Some rain, not a lot of wind.  The eye passed close to us, but everything major was on the west side.  In this shot, we are the blue dot:

IMG_2050.jpeg
But I used the waiting time to book a cruise.  Another MSC, 7 days in Dec.  on Seashore from Port Canaveral.  I’m already mentally packing my suitcase…

Glad to hear that you were mostly spared. It looks like the hurricane moved very quickly over Fla and GA, and that means not as much rain. That is always a good thing. Brother Harvey gave us 50 inches, tho less up in the the woods than in Houston. Let's see what the rest of the season brings us. Hopefully you have had yours for the year. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

We had some rain here and it's dull but warm. As I am in Aporto I have bought some port. We were late back so had to have lunch in the Golden Lion but missed last orders for pudding. So we went straight to the Queens Room for afternoon.  :classic_biggrin:

Nothing like a small glass of port to finish off a nice day. And you will sleep like a baby.  Enjoy L.L.. 

I know we had a thread talking about itinerary changes due to MSC in New York, but I can’t find it. Today I received an email saying our 19 day TA, which included Rotterdam and Zeebrugge, is now 18 days. This is the 2024 Dec. 2 embarkation. They took out the overnight in Zeebrugge, so we will disembark in NY on Dec. 21. I’m disappointed because I was looking forward to shopping in Brugge.