World Cruise?

tntornadox

Hello everyone!

Have my first Celebrity cruise booked for next year on the Reflection, really looking forward to it! Have wanted to sail a Solstice-class since they first took to sea! Anyway, having sailed many lines, I have recently found my affection for the more 'premium' of the mainstream lines (most recently sailed HAL and Princess) and I think this niche fits me well. I look forward to the more modern look and feel of an X cruise.

Looking down the road, Celebrity has many itineraries I like but I am curious as to why they don't host a World Cruise? Probably due to their not having enough ships to spare but I am curious as to the board's feelings toward one being offered in the future? I couldn't find where this has been discussed here previously.

4 minutes ago, Prost Seattle said:

Perhaps the size of X ships isn’t conducive to world cruises.  

I thought that at first too but upon further research, Cunard uses QM2 or one of the vista Queens and Princess is using the Island Princess next year. So I don’t think size is the issue.

You can ‘string together’ several Celebrity cruises especially at the time of year where they are moving region. For example the last Alaska cruise of the year (September) followed by sail to Hawaii, around Hawaii cruise, Hawaii to Sydney, around Australia cruise followed by Sydney to New Zealand and back, about 8/10 weeks. In the opposite direction you can do a last Spring Caribbean followed by a Transpacific to Europe followed by a Western Mediterranean, an Eastern Mediterranean or alternatively cruise into Southampton and visit Norway followed by the Baltic...

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 5:06 AM, tntornadox said:

Hello everyone!

Have my first Celebrity cruise booked for next year on the Reflection, really looking forward to it! Have wanted to sail a Solstice-class since they first took to sea! Anyway, having sailed many lines, I have recently found my affection for the more 'premium' of the mainstream lines (most recently sailed HAL and Princess) and I think this niche fits me well. I look forward to the more modern look and feel of an X cruise.

Looking down the road, Celebrity has many itineraries I like but I am curious as to why they don't host a World Cruise? Probably due to their not having enough ships to spare but I am curious as to the board's feelings toward one being offered in the future? I couldn't find where this has been discussed here previously.

Good question. I've always wanted to see X offer more longer cruises of maybe 30 days or so but they are not targeting this market. 

I think HAL have the best choice of itineraries amongst the mainstream lines but they target an older demographic who have the opportunity to enjoy longer voyages. 

I know you can book B2B2B2B2B's etc but it's not quite the same thing to me. Azamara may be worth a look at also from reading your post. 

X is offering more short cruises so they are looking for a different clientele than the lines offering World Cruises.   The passengers of these cruises are almost all retired and well-to-do with a good share of the upper 10% wealth holders.

You can take a segment of a world cruise but you will not receive the same benefits or treatment.    We took a segment of a QM2 world cruise (14 days).   It was a great QM2 experience as always however those on the full cruise had special social events and dinners and also had the best tables in the dining room.   Our table mates were other 14 day passengers and we were seated in a less than desirable section.

• Thanks 1

It just seems to me that a Millennium class ship would be perfect to do a world cruise one day. They already offer cruises that could be stitched into a world cruise, so why not just straight up offer one? Maybe by the time I can afford and actually have the time to do one they will!

• Like 1