Carnival removed a ton of cruises from the site.

lizord

10 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I do not think that Carnival will be able to fill all their ships so the older ship will probably be docked, Mobile is not suited for the larger ships at this point. One thing that might help Mobile in the short run is the fact that New Orleans is a center of virus infection so New Orleans will be closed for a while. Mobile might have a chance to reopen in the short term before New Orleans comes back.  I hope I am wrong since Mobile is my favorite departure port and I have a cruise planned for June. All of us who enjoy cruising hopes the industry can recover from this viral outbreak. 

It might be a staggered start, but if so, it will be for lack of places to sail to for the immediate future. What makes Carnival any less able to fill their ships?

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

It might be a staggered start, but if so, it will be for lack of places to sail to for the immediate future. What makes Carnival any less able to fill their ships?

All cruise lines will struggle to fill their ships. 

1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I feel the same about not booking a cruise any time soon. The one I will transfer my FCC to is not until January, and I’m hoping that January isn’t too soon!  I am amazed at the people that are trying to rebook just in May! 🤦🏻‍♀️

We just booked one yesterday for early January. Took advantage of one of the sales they were running. I'm not the least bit concerned about one that far out. I don't think it's a big deal if anyone is trying to re-book in May. Some of them might just be eager to make up a cruise that's been cancelled, some may be on time constraints. Whatever their reason for re-booking that soon, as of right now, Carnival is still making them available and the people are optimistic it'll happen. If not, and Carnival is forced to issue more cancellations, I think they'll continue to offer refunds and/or 100% future cruise credit.

1 hour ago, Purvis1231 said:

All cruise lines will struggle to fill their ships. 

I quite agree. $268 for a week on the PANORAMA (the newest and largest ship in the fleet) in November is "struggling" IMHO. Parking costs almost as much as the cruise ! ($161)

Edited by glrounds
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

Looks like Carnival has zeroed out all cabin inventory for the Carnival Legend's European itins later this year.

There is supposed to be an announcement tomorrow from them on a revised start date.  It will be interesting to see if the Legends sailings will be on there.   

18 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

You do realize how lucky you are.  I would  buy a lottery ticket.  Now NOLA has over 800 cases.my husband and i was there February 11,12 and 13th. Then boarded the Getaway March 8th.  We have a few more days to go to say we are clear.

Yeah, we are starting to.  We were there March 8-13.  Had a great time visiting all parts of the city.  Now, we are hunkered down in Central Texas.