Carnival removed a ton of cruises from the site.

lizord

1 hour ago, angiem0217 said:

I am afraid the fantasy will not return to my home port of mobile. Just hoping they replace her and not stop sailing from there altogether

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would be surprise if a cruise ship ever sails from Mobile at for the next years. But I hope this is wrong.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

1 hour ago, cruisinmeme said:

Before you get in a hurry to book New Orleans  tap into local New Orleans news. Half the louisiana’s LARGE amount of cases are in New Orleans. Hopefully nothing else comes of this awful news. Showed on the news last night rats are running wild in the quarter. No people to hide from. 

New Orleans, New York, Settle, and San Francisco are done with cruise for a while.  

19 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

traces of the virus were found on the Diamond Princess 17 days after the last passenger was off the ship.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/diamond-princess-traces-coronavirus-17-days-ship-emptied/story?id=69755804

From that article:

"The cabins had not yet been sanitized at that point, and CDC researchers said it was too early to draw conclusions from the data"

If the ships are cleaned and sanitized properly, there won't be an issue.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

New Orleans, New York, Settle, and San Francisco are done with cruise for a while.  

Sad but true.

I want on a cruise 3/1-3/8....against advisement.  On 3/10 we were advised that someone tested positive that was on our cruise.  My "2 weeks" past...phew.  But, I'm really happy we went on it...it was on of our best cruises and a very happy memory just in case we can't go on again (live in NYC...cruise out of NYC).

My wife, DD and I are suppose to be on the Liberty 4/10, but I saw that all of April's cruises have been pulled. Yet, my cruise countdown shows 16 days. I keep checking my email, but nothing yet. I wonder if Carnival is getting their ships ready to be used as hospital spaces (per their offer to assist).

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s bad in the New Orleans area right now. 1,300

cases in the state and over 900 are in Orleans and Jefferson parishes. That’s going to have to get under control before cruising resumes from New Orleans. 

We just spent a week in New Orleans, and were all over town.  Amazing that NOLA has over 900 cases and Texas, yes the state, has just over 700.

26 minutes ago, ronkeykong said:

We just spent a week in New Orleans, and were all over town.  Amazing that NOLA has over 900 cases and Texas, yes the state, has just over 700.

Yeah it's a problem. They're thinking it was due to all the people that came in for Mardi Gras. I remember when New Orleans had 250 cases and Texas only had 80.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah it's a problem. They're thinking it was due to all the people that came in for Mardi Gras. I remember when New Orleans had 250 cases and Texas only had 80.

I live about an hour out and sad to read all the cases increasing every day in NOLA.  Cruise industry such a big part of NOLA and it's economy I can't see it not coming back at some point.  They better get rid of those !*%# rats before I got back to there.  Hate....those....things....😣😣

2 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

I live about an hour out and sad to read all the cases increasing every day in NOLA.  Cruise industry such a big part of NOLA and it's economy I can't see it not coming back at some point.  They better get rid of those !*%# rats before I got back to there.  Hate....those....things....😣😣

Oh yeah it'll be back. Just not next month or anything. NOLA is going to be more on a New York-California timeline I think.

9 hours ago, lizord said:

All cruises till May 12 were removed from the site as well as all Carnival Miracle sailings till October have been removed. I expect the hear about these cruises cancelled on Friday. I don't understand why Miracles Alaska season has been removed while Spirit's is still being sold, maybe the gov. took carnival up on the medical ships offer and miracle will serve for San Francisco or L.A

We're  booked on Spirit for April 27th. When we try to print luggage tags and boarding passes nothing is there. I assume they're holding off cancelling hoping people will rebook and fewer refunds will have to be issued.

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Smart to not have them available either way. A bunch of people are running around a social media site telling people to book april cruises for the FCC and OBC

I believe the email they give you when they cancel a cruise states for cruises booked BEFORE March 6, 2020 to prevent that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Same here Pinto.  I have s sneaking suspicion it's the port of San Francisco.

baf

That is 100% correct as that's when the Miracle would move south to sail out of San Diego for 7 months. Between Canada closing access through 1 July and San Francisco still being shell shocked from the Grand Princess, any cruises out of that port are dead.

6 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Same here Pinto.  I have s sneaking suspicion it's the port of San Francisco.

baf

That is 100% correct as that's when the Miracle would move south to sail out of San Diego for 7 months. Between Canada closing access through 1 July and San Francisco still being shell shocked from the Grand Princess, any cruises out of that port are dead.

28 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

So if that is true and the Miracle will go to San Diego instead of San Francisco , I wonder what the itineraries will be for the rest of 2020..for example we had a 10 day Alaska out of SF in August...hard to get from San Diego to Alaska!

4 hours ago, ronkeykong said:

You do realize how lucky you are.  I would  buy a lottery ticket.  Now NOLA has over 800 cases.my husband and i was there February 11,12 and 13th. Then boarded the Getaway March 8th.  We have a few more days to go to say we are clear.

9 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

I would be surprise if a cruise ship ever sails from Mobile at for the next years. But I hope this is wrong.

Care to elaborate? What leads you to believe that this situation would cause Carnival to pull out of any of their home ports for years?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Care to elaborate? What leads you to believe that this situation would cause Carnival to pull out of any of their home ports for years?

I do not think that Carnival will be able to fill all their ships so the older ship will probably be docked, Mobile is not suited for the larger ships at this point. One thing that might help Mobile in the short run is the fact that New Orleans is a center of virus infection so New Orleans will be closed for a while. Mobile might have a chance to reopen in the short term before New Orleans comes back.  I hope I am wrong since Mobile is my favorite departure port and I have a cruise planned for June. All of us who enjoy cruising hopes the industry can recover from this viral outbreak. 

16 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

All cruises out of San Francisco for 2020 are gone.  

Calf has proven they are either unable or unwilling to be a player, too bad, might have been a great new embarkation port.  

3 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Carnival, homeport the Mardi Gras or one of the Vista class ships in Boston for about 7 months or so each year.

Might want to just get a ship instead of the crown jewel, but go for it.