Strange Pricing

Bloodaxe

I have been checking prices for the Ireland intensive cruise. 24th May round trip Southampton for some time, I realise that it is not very unlike to happen now anyway.

The price quoted for 2 people in a Balcony seems very strange.

Balconies, 10,940( prices in pounds sterling), Guaranteed Balcony 11,380.

Balcony Plus, 11,618,  Guaranteed Balcony Plus, 12,078

I always believed that Guaranteed cabin would be cheaper.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Cruise prices never make any sense.  Regardless, do you really think that a cruise in the British Islands will be going in May.

DON

Of course I don't. I already said so above.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, manc said:

We are booked on that cruise and do not expect it to sail but are surprised that Azamara are still accepting bookings.

I didn't go has far has actually trying to book but all the indications were that I could have.

Would not have paid those ridiculous prices for a 12 day cruise anyway.

Edited by Bloodaxe

1 hour ago, manc said:

We are booked on that cruise and do not expect it to sail but are surprised that Azamara are still accepting bookings.

By not selling it on the website they would be admitting that sailings after the 11th May, the current working date to return to operations, will go ahead.  So they will continue to market it, albeit at what appears a crazy price.

The cruise industry will look very different after all this, as will the pricing. At this time I don’t believe it means anything. 

Phil

• Like 3

You could of course speculate on a cancellation for a 125% future cruise credit. NOTE I’m not advocating this or remotely interested in this thought, it’s just what market speculators and some businessmen have been known to do in other markets. 
I see it as you do Phil - a deterrent price to avoid officially suspending sales. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, uktog said:

You could of course speculate on a cancellation for a 125% future cruise credit. NOTE I’m not advocating this or remotely interested in this thought, it’s just what market speculators and some businessmen have been known to do in other markets. 
I see it as you do Phil - a deterrent price to avoid officially suspending sales. 

That does seem to make sense, thank you both, no way that I'm speculating on the future of cruising at the moment.

• Like 1