Fcc Confusion

I know this has been talked to death, but there are still some things I don't understand.  My May 10th cruise was just cancelled.  I plan on taking the Fcc.  Heres where I get confused.  I want to book another cruise immediately for 5/30.  How would this work with it possibly taking 30 days to receive my fcc?  Also, I am taking a friend along..does the fcc go under her name as well, even though I paid the full fare under my account?  I'll pay out of pocket and use the fcc another time if I have to, but I don't want to have to bring her again lol.

7 minutes ago, NicolaNerthus said:

I know this has been talked to death, but there are still some things I don't understand.  My May 10th cruise was just cancelled.  I plan on taking the Fcc.  Heres where I get confused.  I want to book another cruise immediately for 5/30.  How would this work with it possibly taking 30 days to receive my fcc?  Also, I am taking a friend along..does the fcc go under her name as well, even though I paid the full fare under my account?  I'll pay out of pocket and use the fcc another time if I have to, but I don't want to have to bring her again lol.

Personally, I think May 30 will also be cancelled.

A FCC will be issued to each passenger listed on the reservation in equal amounts.  It does not matter who paid. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScoutLeoOz said:

I believe that if you want you can get the fcc for you and the refund for your friend. That is not how it usually is but these are unusual circumstances. 

Unfortunately not.  Each person in the cabin must take the same offer. 

• Like 1

I had my June cruise cancelled. My ta was able to transfer what I paid to a August cruise . I did not need to put anything else down

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was told on the phone this morning that cruises will have an option til May 31st, meaning no deposit or FCC is due until then.  At least this is with Celebrity

Edited by whitshel

On 3/27/2020 at 6:50 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

A FCC will be issued to each passenger listed on the reservation in equal amounts.  It does not matter who paid. 

Do the FCC's have a date that they have to be applied by?  I assume all these FCC's will have different issue dates? 

Edited by molly361

I asked my TA but they do not have an answer for me yet. I was scheduled to take a cruise on April 3rd. I decided to take the 125%. However,  on a February 2020 sailing I purchased a Next Cruise Certificate which was applied to the April 3rd sailing. My question is did I lose the benefits associated with the NCC?  My TA thinks it's gone, but not too sure. I was advised to wait and see.

Has anyone else run into this yet?

Thanks, Mary

3 hours ago, Mary&Jim said:

I asked my TA but they do not have an answer for me yet. I was scheduled to take a cruise on April 3rd. I decided to take the 125%. However,  on a February 2020 sailing I purchased a Next Cruise Certificate which was applied to the April 3rd sailing. My question is did I lose the benefits associated with the NCC?  My TA thinks it's gone, but not too sure. I was advised to wait and see.

Thanks, Mary

Under the cancelled sailings policy the Next Cruise OBC is lost. 

3 hours ago, Mary&Jim said:

Thanks, Mary

Why should you lose the OBC from the NCC you didn't cancel it, Royal Caribbean canceled, it should carry over to the new cruise you book.  If you RCL agent doesn't tell you that, call up again and talk to another agent. Never  get the same answers there twice, keep calling until you get the OBC.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

Why should you lose the OBC from the NCC you didn't cancel it, Royal Caribbean canceled, it should carry over to the new cruise you book.  If you RCL agent doesn't tell you that, call up again and talk to another agent. Never  get the same answers there twice, keep calling until you get the OBC.

The reason that I answered what I did was I have already spent hours on the phone over this issue.   The Next cruise credit is lost if you take the 125%FCC and it’s lost if you take the refund.

if you cancel under the cruise with confidence policy and take the 100% FCC then the next cruise OBC will be moved to another reservation. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 6:50 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Ken

If the OP is able to use the FCC from the 5/10 canceled sailing towards the 5/30 and that cruise is cancelled, will the OP receive the same amount of FCC back or will they perhaps lose any extra FCC that they received with the first cancelation? This is a new situation and after reading all of the rules from other threads my head is spinning.

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Ken

If the OP is able to use the FCC from the 5/10 canceled sailing towards the 5/30 and that cruise is cancelled, will the OP receive the same amount of FCC back or will they perhaps lose any extra FCC that they received with the first cancelation? This is a new situation and after reading all of the rules from other threads my head is spinning.

Lol, mine is spinning as well.  I found this. 

If you were impacted by our first global suspension (sailings through April 10th, 2020), and paid additional monetary funds on a new booking within this extended suspension period, you’ll receive two 125% Future Cruise Credits: one for the original booking and another equal to 125% of any monies paid towards cruise fare on the new booking. You are able to opt in to refund one or both via the process below.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lol, mine is spinning as well.  I found this. 

If you were impacted by our first global suspension (sailings through April 10th, 2020), and paid additional monetary funds on a new booking within this extended suspension period, you’ll receive two 125% Future Cruise Credits: one for the original booking and another equal to 125% of any monies paid towards cruise fare on the new booking. You are able to opt in to refund one or both via the process below.

Thanks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bowmanvilletravel said:

That actually is not the case...you can have some take FCC and others in the room the refund. 

Thats not what I was told this morning.  I think that this changed just as the ability to take a partial refund and partial FCC did.