Any news from the Amsterdam?

mame42

15 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I learned something new from this episode.  Amsterdam is passing British Indian Ocean Territory.  I had never heard of this before.

Roy

Diego Garcia is an atoll just south of the equator in the central Indian Ocean, and the largest of 60 small islands comprising the Chagos Archipelago. It was settled by the French in the 1790s and was transferred to British rule after the Napoleonic Wars. It was one of the “Dependencies” of the British Colony of Mauritius until it was detached for inclusion in the newly created British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT) in 1965. In 1966, the UK leased the 17-square mile atoll to the U.S. which turned it into a key military facility (air and naval) for the region. In the past decade, the military airfield has been used as a launchpad for air missions into the Middle (Iraq) and Near (Afghanistan) East

Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia: Naval Support Facility Base | Diego garcia, Military ...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

An interesting thought from the MDR Manager.  Just this morning, I wondered what the "Flying Dutchman" aka Amsterdam was doing today. 

According to legend, the Flying Dutchman is a phantom ship doomed to sail the open seas and oceans for infinity, never being able to return home. The myth can be traced back to 17th-century nautical folklore that was heavily nurtured by superstitious beliefs of all sorts among sailors.

Image result for flying dutchman

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Floridiana said:

I probably would have to be his FB friend to see it. The Flying Dutchman, thought of it often when the Westerdam sought a harbor.

Not necessarily, I suspect  he has his photos listed as public. Only way to find out is to look. Today he posted a sunset. And today someone posted that Sun Princess’ s Filipinos weren’t allowed to disembark. The thought is that the quarantined facilities are full. Hopefully, by the time the Amsterdam aka Flying Dutchman reaches Manila that will have changed.

By the time Amsterdam reaches Manila she will be about 10th in the line for disembarking crew.

So far there are Sun & Sea Princess, Pacific Explorer waiting outside the bay.  Queen Elizabeth in area. Sapphire & Majestic on way from Singapore & some RCC coming up from Bali.

Philip Stolte, Restaurant Manager on the Amsterdam just posted an update tonight!

“Update from the Flying Dutchman ; April 24:Singapore, April 27: Jakarta, April 29: Bali, May 6: Manila. Other than that life is good, of course the Restaurant Operations Manager is working hard as usual, everybody still healthy & happy, Presty Jenggo is going for the title of Miss Amsterdam tonight, Amsterdam Family Appreciation Dinner tonight, now time for sunshine and a cold beer, i'm exhaused!” 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Storylady said:

Philip Stolte, Restaurant Manager on the Amsterdam just posted an update tonight!

“Update from the Flying Dutchman ; April 24:Singapore, April 27: Jakarta, April 29: Bali, May 6: Manila. Other than that life is good, of course the Restaurant Operations Manager is working hard as usual, everybody still healthy & happy, Presty Jenggo is going for the title of Miss Amsterdam tonight, Amsterdam Family Appreciation Dinner tonight, now time for sunshine and a cold beer, i'm exhaused!” 

They are having a family "makan" for the crew tonite! Good stuff! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

They are having a family "makan" for the crew tonite! Good stuff! 🙂

John, Philip posted photos from the Amsterdam appreciation dinner yesterday. There is also a photo of the Miss Amsterdam contest in Philip’s comments about the new schedule. Look for the 16 replies to Linda. I would post them, but not sure how to post photos on CC. Thanks for all your posts and your help to the Amsterdam passengers!

1 hour ago, Storylady said:

John, Philip posted photos from the Amsterdam appreciation dinner yesterday. There is also a photo of the Miss Amsterdam contest in Philip’s comments about the new schedule. Look for the 16 replies to Linda. I would post them, but not sure how to post photos on CC. Thanks for all your posts and your help to the Amsterdam passengers!

From Amsterdam's dining room manager Philip re: the Amsterdam Team Appreciation Dinner last nite; judging by their hats and gloves, the Captain and K1 (Mrs. Karen Mercer) were part of the servers  🙂

Image may contain: 2 people, indoor

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and indoor

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Were  there a few Amsterdam passengers on the Pacific Princess?  She docked this morning in San Pedro, out at the edge of the harbor.

Roy

There were supposed to be a few world cruise pax with medical restrictions against flying onboard Pacific Princess who took the trip back to the west coast. Berth 42 in the port of L.A./San Pedro's outer harbor is not used that much 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Storylady said:

Update from the Amsterdam. Philip Stolte just posted this on FB.

Flying Dutchman update : Singapore doesn’t want us, so now maybe on our way to Port Klang in Malaysia.” 

What an unbelievable mess! Crystal Serenity is already at anchor in the Malacca Strait, south of Carey Island (vicinity of Port Klang, Malaysia) Hopefully she'll get in which will lead the way for Amsterdam

• Like 1

Amsterdam is trying its best to do the right thing in getting crew home and Singapore is turning it away....Unbelievable. Whomever is making the decision should be sent packing.

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

What an unbelievable mess! Crystal Serenity is already at anchor in the Malacca Strait, south of Carey Island (vicinity of Port Klang, Malaysia) Hopefully she'll get in which will lead the way for Amsterdam

Do we know why Amsterdam is trying to get to Singapore or Port Klang?  I think Serenity is doing pretty much the same thing as the ships at Grand Bahama Anchorage are doing and Amsterdam might not have a problem there.

She has rounded the tip of Sumatra Island and is hopefully on the way to Malacca Strait.

Roy