When will you cruise again?

bostonfred

We are booked on the 9/30 - 10/10 E. Canada/New England cruise on the Pearl.  We are definitely "older" and DO plan to go if igt is not cancelled.  We booked our airfare months ago and also the pre-cruise hotel for 2 nights, so we would probably lose that if we cancelled.  I am waiting to see what transpires between now and then.  

1 hour ago, mimi7ccr said:

We are booked on the 9/30 - 10/10 E. Canada/New England cruise on the Pearl.  We are definitely "older" and DO plan to go if igt is not cancelled.  We booked our airfare months ago and also the pre-cruise hotel for 2 nights, so we would probably lose that if we cancelled.  I am waiting to see what transpires between now and then.  

Good luck, we'd love to welcome you. 

I have 3 cruises booked, the first is in December, a TA from BCN to NYC. I'm really doubtful this cruise will actually happen. 

Sad, but,  IMO, unless things change in Europe as a whole and Barcelona specifically, improves dramatically, this cruise will not be safe.  The flight itself lends itself to possible tendencies of spred of the virus and then there's the length of a cruise from a country/region which may still have some occurences of the Covid19. 

I just don't want to put my friends and family in danger by taking this cruise unless there is a vaccine readily available. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I was original poster...just rescheduled our 4/21 cruise on Royal to 4/22....price comparable....this was our entire family cruising daughters, husbands and 4 grandkids...too much risk and uncertainty, plus airfare from Boston during school vacation is outrageous and do not want to lose it,,,would need to book airfare by end of May also....next up is deciding on our NCL out of San Juan 2/1/21...third cruise is supposed to be on Virgin Voyages in Sept. 21...new ship being built now...my guess is may not be completed in time due to coved 19....

these cancelled cruises are just inconveniences...many people have real problems...financial health etc....consider ourselves very lucky at this point..stay well!!😊😊

Hi Bostonfred, The Virgin ship is still being built in Italy as we speak, no delays.

Only when a vaccine is available. And only when cruise ships require that everyone who wants to board the ship presents their vaccination certificate.

Otherwise I would worry that there is another outbreak on the ship and it gets quarantined off the coast of some country who won't allow anyone off. Alternatively, it doesn't help if vaccinated passengers are allowed off as you may end up in a country other than where you have tickets to fly home from. Not worth the stress.

Just can't risk that - would not enjoy my vacation.

So sad - after many cruises in the last 20 years it's going to be a long time till things return to normal.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

I am booked for the Encore for September 8. it is has a unique itinerary. i am hopeful things will be back to normal again. If not, i hope norwegian offers that type of itinerary again

I feel really lucky that I was able to book the (almost) same cruise I cancelled but in April 2021.  I really doubt cruises will be back to normal as early as this September.

Hopefully, NCL will offer more of the same cruises they've had to cancel.  

Good luck. 

15 hours ago, shof515 said:

I am booked for the Encore for September 8. it is has a unique itinerary. i am hopeful things will be back to normal again. If not, i hope norwegian offers that type of itinerary again

what do you see that is so unique? If they threw in Quebec that would be much nicer.

We're scheduled on the Norway Above the Arctic Circle cruise beginning June 14--we're just waiting for that cruise to be cancelled.  We might select that cruise again for 2021, but it's not one of the cruises currently listed for June 2021 (although they didn't put the 2020 one on the schedule until May or June of 2019).  Pretty sure we'll cruise again; just not sure when.  And their prices will have to come down some (possibly when they start cruising again?).

--Michael

Our Alaska cruise was canceled but we would still like to go when things get better. Hopefully next year. However it will not be with NCL. Refund in 90 days or more for a canceled cruise not cutting it. 

My B2B retirement cruises for May have gone away. NCL has cancelled the first, and I am awaiting word on the second leg also being cancelled. I am enjoying researching a replacement for next year. Hopefully a nice TA and a B2B in Europe. Hopefully April 2021 will be a more normal environment around the globe.

Please stay safe and remember to contribute within your community. 

We’re booked for the 12 night Panama Canal on Encore 3/1/21.  We only paid the deposit and do not plan to make another payment until the final payment date.  Hopefully, things will be better then and cruises are actually sailing.  We’re really looking forward to this cruise; it’s supposed to be my husband’s retirement cruise.  Fingers crossed 🤞🏽 

We are booked for the French Polynesia cruise next March . Given the current situation we made the difficult decision to cancel our September Mediterranean cruise for 2020. 

Edited by delaware32
incomplete thought