I must be obtuse! Can’t find straight answer on FCC

Royal just extended cruise with confidence to 1 Sept.  I have a 30 Aug cruise with non-refundable deposit.  Normally, I canx now...get refund for most, lose $200 in penalty and get $300 as FCC.  With cruise with confidence...if I canx right now before final payment...do I get $500 or $300 as Fcc.?  The FAQs in RCI website are clear as mud. I’m thinking about rescheduling to fall 2021 and just want to know if I have $300 or $500 of my original deposit to apply.

22 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

Royal just extended cruise with confidence to 1 Sept.  I have a 30 Aug cruise with non-refundable deposit.  Normally, I canx now...get refund for most, lose $200 in penalty and get $300 as FCC.  With cruise with confidence...if I canx right now before final payment...do I get $500 or $300 as Fcc.?  The FAQs in RCI website are clear as mud. I’m thinking about rescheduling to fall 2021 and just want to know if I have $300 or $500 of my original deposit to apply.

Cancelled a July 10 cruise under the cruise w/ confidence. Total cost including a $200 non refundable deposit was $2250. Refund was $2,050 back to my CC and a $200 FCC for the deposit amount, as they are waiving the $100pp penalty fee. Unless they change their process, you should get the entire $500 NRD as a FCC.

Edited by orville99

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Cancelled a July 10 cruise under the cruise w/ confidence. Total cost including a $200 non refundable deposit was $2250. Refund was $2,050 back to my CC and a $200 FCC for the deposit amount, as they are waiving the $100pp penalty fee. Unless they change their process, you should get the entire $500 NRD as a FCC.

RC cancelled our May 10 cruise this past Friday, and since I rec'd two different explanations from my TA, we decided to take the full refund. I realize that RC is overwhelmed with all of the cancellations so we may not see a credit on our cc for a while, but when will we receive a confirmation email and our May 10 cruise removed from our cruise planner when we log on to RC? Hopefully someone can answer these two questions:) Thank you and hope everyone stays healthy during this very difficult time in our world.

6 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

RC cancelled our May 10 cruise this past Friday, and since I rec'd two different explanations from my TA, we decided to take the full refund. I realize that RC is overwhelmed with all of the cancellations so we may not see a credit on our cc for a while, but when will we receive a confirmation email and our May 10 cruise removed from our cruise planner when we log on to RC? Hopefully someone can answer these two questions:) Thank you and hope everyone stays healthy during this very difficult time in our world.

My May 11th cancelled cruise was removed from my cruise planner five days after cancellation. Got my FCC last night, still waiting on credit to hit c/c. 

Edited by TYMAN

1 minute ago, TYMAN said:

My May 11th cancelled cruise was removed from my cruise planner five days after cancellation. Got my FCC last night, still waiting on credit to hit c/c. 

Thank you for your very quick response. Did you also receive an email confirmation from RC or your TA?

1 minute ago, ptf2009 said:

Thank you for your very quick response. Did you also receive an email confirmation from RC or your TA?

I've used the same TA for thirty years. Because I cancelled prior to RCCL doing it, I just emailed her saying to cancel and get FCC, she emailed back, "done". I did not get any other communication till the FCC came last night, other than it disappearing from my cruise planner. 

4 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

okay...thank you. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. Thank you again for your quick response.

Anytime.......

Anyway, having RCCL hold a few dollars of mine is not really a big deal to me, the losing of my 401k dollars? Ugh! 🙂 

We have a family cruise on May 17.  I really hope we get cancelled because my sons can’t make it (one works for FDA and one for a pharmaceutical company- no time off anytime soon).  If they cancel the cruise we should get four FCCs.  Can we convert some to cash but leave others as FCC?

46 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Anytime.......

Anyway, having RCCL hold a few dollars of mine is not really a big deal to me, the losing of my 401k dollars? Ugh! 🙂 

But your 401k is buying stock low. You will recover nicely as long as your not retiring soon

Just now, rtazz17 said:

But your 401k is buying stock low. You will recover nicely as long as your not retiring soon

Be at least 18 months (to retire).......but I agree, it will come back. 

20 minutes ago, ATG said:

We have a family cruise on May 17.  I really hope we get cancelled because my sons can’t make it (one works for FDA and one for a pharmaceutical company- no time off anytime soon).  If they cancel the cruise we should get four FCCs.  Can we convert some to cash but leave others as FCC?

No.  All guests in the stateroom must choose the same option 

1 hour ago, dianajo67 said:

Under the cruise with confidence policy Royal is waiving the NRD penalty.  You will receive 200% of your deposit as a FCC or just apply it to a new cruise immediately. 

43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Under the cruise with confidence policy Royal is waiving the NRD penalty.  You will receive 200% of your deposit as a FCC or just apply it to a new cruise immediately. 

I thought it was 100%?

1 hour ago, ptf2009 said:

The refunds seem to be processing very slowly, and I think RCL said they would come out sometime in the middle of April. We didn't receive any confirmations emails on any of our cancellations.

57 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

It’s not as important when you retire as it is when you will need the money. Don’t need you entire 401K the day you retire. Hopefully some of that money is 10, 15 or 20 year money, even if you retire tomorrow. 

BTW, love the Shawshank reference in the post title !!!

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I thought it was 100%?

I like Ken's %% better😇

• Like 1

Thank you for the responses.  Sounds like my best bet is to decide before final payment so I can get cash back and perhaps put the $500 FCC against something in 2021.  Do not want them holding on to more of my cash than necessary if things continue for too long!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

Under cruise with confidence, how is it determined how much gets refunded to your CC and how much goes on an FCC? Website description makes it sound like everything you’ve paid goes on an FCC. But your example has almost everything except your original deposit refunded. Is this what happens if you’re before final payment?

9 minutes ago, Secretlyfi said:

Under cruise with confidence, how is it determined how much gets refunded to your CC and how much goes on an FCC? Website description makes it sound like everything you’ve paid goes on an FCC. But your example has almost everything except your original deposit refunded. Is this what happens if you’re before final payment?

Only port fees and taxes as well as prepaid gratuities  get refunded to your credit card. The rest (cruise fare) is all issued as a FCC 

before final payment  100% of your deposit is issued as a FCC and the rest is refunded.  Applies only to cruises departing until Sept 1 

the person you quoted paid their cruise off early which is why they received part as a refund 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 hours ago, Secretlyfi said:

Yes. This cruise was paid off well before the final payment date (4/26) so everything except the deposit was refunded to my CC. The march and april cruises that we cancelled under the cruise with confidence program had everything except taxes and port fees returned as a FCC. The taxes and port fees were refunded to my CC.