Norwegian....Take notice! A despicable policy.

pianobar

On 4/3/2020 at 3:03 PM, mianmike said:

I never said the word "begin" was a quote from NCL. 

There are lots of other words I used that were not direct quotes from NCL. We could go back and forth with you showing me other words that I never attributed to NCL, but for some reason you chose to highlight as not a direct NCL quote.    

You like to debate trivial matters and I'm falling for your bait. 🤦‍♂️  

this Seashark person is the only member of cruise critic that i've had to block. Always responds with snarky, disagreeable comments never helpful. Is a waste of time to argue with this individual.

• Like 6

On 4/1/2020 at 6:00 AM, 4774Papa said:

Pianobar has great points, but so does zqvol.  NCL is the smallest of the major cruise line companies and may struggle the most with this crisis.  Yes, NCL is creating a three month wait amounting to an interest free loan from you to them.  My suggestion is to chill, cross your fingers for your refunds and keep on cruising in the future.

We still enjoy NCL, but in recent years, we have move away from them toward Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.  Largely due to NCL's pricing which forces bundling pricing when you book early, which we always do.  We still compare NCL when we book, but the last two years, their fares are not so competitive anymore.  This will hurt them even more in the future.  I hope they survive.

I don't know if it's an advantage over other cruise lines, but NCL doesn't pay a dividend.  

If i recall from reading a research report on the cruise lines earlier last week, all three can survive till the end of the year.

Take it for what it's worth.

OK... I have not read through all 8 pages but read through many.  My question is a little different. I had a cruise planned for July (Hawaii) and I cancelled 1 week prior to hitting final payment date. I cancelled knowing once I hit final payment date I could only get a FCC for cancelling with their peace of mind guarantee.  Unfortunately I was paid in full when I cancelled so they have all my money, plus 2 nights in a hotel prior.  So a large amount.  I received the email stating I would receive my refund within 7-10 business days.  This has been a month ago. Still no refund.  Is a dispute on my CC an option?  I fear the next 2 months will not provide a refund if they are no longer around.  Very worried at this point.

On 4/3/2020 at 5:45 AM, cruisecriket said:

I found the answer to this question. Yes, just by submitting the form ALL the people in the reservation will forego the FCC. 

How nice hah. The FCC is given only individually and not to the purchaser of the package. That way, if my elderly aunt and grandma never sail with NCL again for any reason, they pocket that part of the money. Even in these times NCL resorts to chicanery to rip off its customers.

I would appreciate if any of you sheds light on the following question:

I paid for two extra dining packages. How is that being addressed as it was purchased not with the reservation?

Many thanks.

I think the answer is the the refund is going to the original form of payment.  I'm guessing you request a refund and it goes back to your credit card.

3 hours ago, BuckeyeMan said:

OK... I have not read through all 8 pages but read through many.  My question is a little different. I had a cruise planned for July (Hawaii) and I cancelled 1 week prior to hitting final payment date. I cancelled knowing once I hit final payment date I could only get a FCC for cancelling with their peace of mind guarantee.  Unfortunately I was paid in full when I cancelled so they have all my money, plus 2 nights in a hotel prior.  So a large amount.  I received the email stating I would receive my refund within 7-10 business days.  This has been a month ago. Still no refund.  Is a dispute on my CC an option?  I fear the next 2 months will not provide a refund if they are no longer around.  Very worried at this point.

Have you contacted NCL about this recently?  What did they say?

8 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

Have you contacted NCL about this recently?  What did they say?

Exactly call them and "talk" to a real person. Filing forms on line to a computer puts you where everyone else is. 

You could be the 10,000 person in line.

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Exactly call them and "talk" to a real person. Filing forms on line to a computer puts you where everyone else is. 

You could be the 10,000 person in line.

yes, I have contacted them numerous times and all I get is it will take 3 months.  I have taken the issue up with my CC company.  

Edited by BuckeyeMan
  • Like 1