Norwegian....Take notice! A despicable policy.

pianobar

19 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Who suggested otherwise?? 🙄

Isn't cc a worldwide forum, or has it officially now been given over to the US of A?

Just saying the conditions of refund might be different in the former colonies.

1 minute ago, mugtech said:

Just saying the conditions of refund might be different in the former colonies.

That is why my post stated specifically these were NCL UK T&Cs....since that is my home country.....there are other Brits who post on these boards, honestly there are.

29 minutes ago, hamrag said:

That is why my post stated specifically these were NCL UK T&Cs....since that is my home country.....there are other Brits who post on these boards, honestly there are.

Thank you for being honest.  I noticed that earlier.  USA and UK, two countries divided by the same language.

I have a question if anyone knows and would like to help me understand.

If I apply for the 90 days refund, does that action alone cancel my FCC? Or, will the FCC be cancelled once the refund is processed?

Also and lastly, I paid for everyone in my cabin, but everybody is receiving the FCC separately. Is this another underhanded tactic by NCL to keep one's money? Shouldn't all the FCC be given to the account of the payer?

Many thanks if you can assist.

Edited by cruisecriket
Needed to add question.

For all the "debating" going on , does anyone Not think that NCL's lawyers know what is legal. I'm pretty sure they know better than anyone on here on CC.

Waiting to be credited/reimbursement isn't fun, neither is anything we are ALL dealing with right now in the REAL world.

For all those trying to get money returned Good Luck. I'm guessing if you got enough together a class action suit "might" work.

Then the debate would be pax lawyer vs. NCL lawyer(s). The timeframe on that could be year(s).

9 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

As a judge do you know what happens if they go bankrupt within 90 days. Does that mean you dont get a refund? 

I am not a bankruptcy judge, so far from an expert here, but my best guess would be that the bankruptcy trustee would continue to run the cruise line, much the same as it was before, and that the only distinction may be that creditors (including folks waiting for "refunds" on cancelled cruises) would have to wait longer for their money, and even, perhaps, get less than 100%. May have to wait more than a year if that happens. 

I think the cruise lines have too many assets which can be used only for cruising for anyone with authority to decide that they are going to stop cruising for the long term.  A large market exists, and will continue to exist after the COVID-19 matter is behind us.  It is bad business to leave people hanging like this, and NCL knows that.  They are in crisis mode, and are balancing a lot of things at once. 

As far as cancelled cruisers "refund rights" as they have been discussed here, people need to think about the contract between the cruise customer and NCL, and what "consideration" was to be provided by each.  Customer-the cruise fare, paid in advance; and NCL-a cruise, on a particular date.  Both parties understand that situations will occur which make it impossible to cruise; and COVID-19 became one of those situations.  Thus, the only issue is what the remedy will be.  NCL is still willing to provide a cruise; just on a different date, once they are allowed to cruise again (the FCC option).  So, they are still willing to "perform" their part of the deal.  They are also offering a full refund, but provide a disclosure that if you pick that option it will take 90 days.  Why 90 days?  Who knows for sure.  Perhaps because they don't have the money right away, or maybe because it will simply take that long to process it all (I think it is the former).  Does everyone agree that it is unreasonable to expect NCL to refund hundreds of thousands of cruise fares within ten minutes of the cruise being cancelled, and that a two year wait is also probably unreasonable?  Honestly, from my perspective, 90 days isn't unreasonable, considering both that NCL (1) gave people a couple of options, (2) provided disclosure of the timeline, (3) wasn't the "cause" of the cancellation, and (4) simply cant be expected to pull that kind of cash out of its back-end so quickly, given the situation (including being prohibited for the time being from making money by cruising, and thus hemorrhaging money just to stay in business), and then processing refunds to the customers.

1 hour ago, cruisecriket said:

I have a question if anyone knows and would like to help me understand.

If I apply for the 90 days refund, does that action alone cancel my FCC?

I found the answer to this question. Yes, just by submitting the form ALL the people in the reservation will forego the FCC. 

How nice hah. The FCC is given only individually and not to the purchaser of the package. That way, if my elderly aunt and grandma never sail with NCL again for any reason, they pocket that part of the money. Even in these times NCL resorts to chicanery to rip off its customers.

I would appreciate if any of you sheds light on the following question:

I paid for two extra dining packages. How is that being addressed as it was purchased not with the reservation?

Many thanks.

12 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Not exactly...

"Those guests can request a refund of the fare paid to be reimbursed to the original form of payment 90 days after completing the request form..."

The only after (since you bolded it) was 90 days after completing the form, not refund after 90 days.

Sir, with all due respect, it is clearly stated after 90 days. I don't see anywhere it says within 90 days.

"Those guests can request a refund of the fare paid to be reimbursed to the original form of payment 90 days
after completing the request form
..."

For it to be within 90 days it should've said "Those guests can request a refund of the fare paid to be reimbursed to the original form of payment within 90 days after completing the request form..."

I do agree NCL is using delaying tactics to see if they can start sailing as planned on May 11th, otherwise they will file for bankruptcy and leave all of us with the empty bag in our hands.

Just for those that there is no way NCL could refund in a timely manner with so many bookings. 
American Airlines canceled my flight due to less demand. Got an automatic credit for a future booking. Used the general refund form on their website and they manually reviewed my request in less than two business days. And they will refund to my credit card in less than 7 business days. So why again can’t NCL do the same? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SeaShark said:

The key behind the chargeback process is the need for a dispute concerning the amount charged.

Says who or what?

14 hours ago, SeaShark said:

It isn't to be used when the parties agree.

The parties don't agree on the timeline for refund.  Seems like a dispute to me.

Money over time has a very real cost.  Doesn't matter if it's $2000 or 2,000,000.  There is a cost and to the best of my knowledge I never agreed to allow NCL to hold my money for 90 days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beerman2 said:

For all the "debating" going on , does anyone Not think that NCL's lawyers know what is legal. I'm pretty sure they know better than anyone on here on CC.

Yeah - lawyers have never advised their clients to do something illegal, have they...

37 minutes ago, cruisecriket said:

I would appreciate if any of you sheds light on the following question:

I paid for two extra dining packages. How is that being addressed as it was purchased not with the reservation?

Many thanks.

I have the answer to this question as well. I called NCL and was told that anything that wasn't purchased with the reservation, including extra dining packages, water, or things of that nature, would be reimbursed to the credit card, or payment form, and that I the customer would have to do nothing.

Also, I called NCL and was told that it is possible to transfer FCC for other members on your reservation to yourself. Ho? Well, you would have to call and get the information for yourself. The number I called is 800-327-7030.

NCL seem to be trying to help. However, the bottom line regarding refunds and FCC is weather they can remain in business or not.

16 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Yeah - lawyers have never advised their clients to do something illegal, have they...

Then file a class action suit and see how that works out!

Of course there are unethical lawyers, I didn’t say there aren’t any.

i should have said “test” their lawyers against yours (pax) and see how that plays out

27 minutes ago, onetimearoundtheworld said:

Just for those that there is no way NCL could refund in a timely manner with so many bookings. 
American Airlines canceled my flight due to less demand. Got an automatic credit for a future booking. Used the general refund form on their website and they manually reviewed my request in less than two business days. And they will refund to my credit card in less than 7 business days. So why again can’t NCL do the same? 

AA has many, but not all of its flights cancelled.  NCL had all it cruises cancelled at once.  Not sure how many ships they have, but each has thousands of passengers.  Each ship had several of its sailings cancelled.  Don't know what the average fare and fees is for a passenger, but guessing over $1000.  Hard to compare that situation with some flights being cancelled for an airline.

18 minutes ago, brovol said:

AA has many, but not all of its flights cancelled.  NCL had all it cruises cancelled at once.  Not sure how many ships they have, but each has thousands of passengers.  Each ship had several of its sailings cancelled.  Don't know what the average fare and fees is for a passenger, but guessing over $1000.  Hard to compare that situation with some flights being cancelled for an airline.

Also aren’t airlines getting huge bailout money? While cruise lines are likely not getting anything.

50 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Then file a class action suit and see how that works out!

Of course there are unethical lawyers, I didn’t say there aren’t any.

i should have said “test” their lawyers against yours (pax) and see how that plays out

I'm not sure why the antagonistic tone here.  

I inferred from you comment that you were saying because lawyers approved it, it must be right.  Is that not what you were implying?  If my inference was correct, I was only saying that it's a false premise.  There are plenty of cases where lawyers, with all good intentions, have advised clients to do something illegal.  Even high priced lawyer teams like NCL has.  

And that doesn't even get into the idea of a calculated risk where a decision is made to do something illegal understanding the risk.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:20 AM, susanf31 said:

They told me that it takes AT LEAST 90 days to close a disputed charge and since NCL was promising a refund within those 90 days, they wanted me to be patient with NCL for the next 90 days. THEN if I didn't get my refund, to then proceed with the credit card dispute process.

I was going to mention the time it takes for a credit card dispute to go through. My experience has been it takes from 45 to 90 days anyway. My most recent experience was with a popular online service for genealogy who charged me but couldn't get me a log in. It took from mid-November to Mid-February for them to resolve the complaint.

29 minutes ago, fshagan said:

I was going to mention the time it takes for a credit card dispute to go through. My experience has been it takes from 45 to 90 days anyway. My most recent experience was with a popular online service for genealogy who charged me but couldn't get me a log in. It took from mid-November to Mid-February for them to resolve the complaint.

So perhaps where NCL (and the other cruise lines) are getting the 90 day timeframe. It sucks but they know most wont be able to hire a lawyer to fight it. I'm owed $750. It will cost exponentially more to fight it with a lawyer. This whole thing has put me off cruising. The refunds policy as well as the possibility of being stuck on a floating death trap if there is a flare up after cruises start sailing again are enough to make me choose a land based vacation. My kids and I spent 2 days at Great Wold Lodge and they enjoyed it as much as a cruise. So I think that will be our next week long vacation. I bet they will be having great sales when they reopen. Yes, I could get the virus (or something else) but I will be on land and wont be stuck anyway.

33 minutes ago, fshagan said:

In the meantime the charge is removed.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mianmike said:

I guess I wasn't precise enough.  I'll try to spell it out . . . The form will be available April 13 through April 27.   So in my imprecise response I was saying the opportunity to begin the 90 day clock starts April 13th and I failed to mention it ends April 27.   Anyone who waits to complete the form will only delay their refund even longer.  So if you complete the form on April 13th you will have to wait 90 days from that date to "begin" the window where you might see your refund. 

A cut and paste:

"Those guests can request a refund of the fare paid to be reimbursed to the original form of payment 90 days after completing the request form at www.ncl.com/case-submission/peace-of-mind. The form will be available from April 13 through April 27, 2020."

Well...you were all big on particular words...I'm looking for where you got the word "begin" in your original quote...there is no "begin" in your cut and paste. So IF you are going to insist on particular words, then you have to be willing to be particular on your own words. No?

3 hours ago, cruisecriket said:

Sir, with all due respect, it is clearly stated after 90 days. I don't see anywhere it says within 90 days.

"Those guests can request a refund of the fare paid to be reimbursed to the original form of payment 90 days
after completing the request form
..."

For it to be within 90 days it should've said "Those guests can request a refund of the fare paid to be reimbursed to the original form of payment within 90 days after completing the request form..."

I do agree NCL is using delaying tactics to see if they can start sailing as planned on May 11th, otherwise they will file for bankruptcy and leave all of us with the empty bag in our hands.

So, then are you maintaining that the refund will occur at the 90 day mark? Not at 89, 91, or any other number? Exactly 90? 

Do you really think they mean to process ALL of the refunds exactly 90 days after submission?

3 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Says who or what?

The parties don't agree on the timeline for refund.  Seems like a dispute to me.

Money over time has a very real cost.  Doesn't matter if it's $2000 or 2,000,000.  There is a cost and to the best of my knowledge I never agreed to allow NCL to hold my money for 90 days.

Says who or what? Uh...it is in the name "Dispute Process". Why would you file a dispute if there wasn't one?

Sorry, but "Timeline" isn't one of the dispute options. What does that tell you?

As to the best of your knowledge...then once again, call your Credit Card issuer and explain it all to them and ask them why you can't have the money back NOW. I'm sure they will agree with your logic.

7 hours ago, hamrag said:

You do realise you have just defeated your own argument, the hint is in the words I have bolded above.....for your convenience! To help you further, it is also not possible to complete the request form on the same day cancellation is notified! 😉

No...as my argument was that the wording quoted by the person I was replying to was not the wording used. I provided the wording used to show that it is, in fact, different than the wording quoted by the poster.