Norwegian....Take notice! A despicable policy.

pianobar

7 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Says who or what? Uh...it is in the name "Dispute Process". Why would you file a dispute if there wasn't one?

Sorry, but "Timeline" isn't one of the dispute options. What does that tell you?

As to the best of your knowledge...then once again, call your Credit Card issuer and explain it all to them and ask them why you can't have the money back NOW. I'm sure they will agree with your logic.

you wrote "dispute concerning the amount charged."  The dispute does not have to be about the amount charged - it could be about the services rendered, or lack thereof.

18 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

No...as my argument was that the wording quoted by the person I was replying to was not the wording used. I provided the wording used to show that it is, in fact, different than the wording quoted by the poster. 

I am not going to argue about that particular argument as it was with another poster....what we do know is you were arguing earlier in this thread that NCL were not asking anyone to wait more than 90 days, at the same time we all knew it was actually at least 104 days.....and someone a few posts later provided to you the evidence that was indeed the case! 🙄

14 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I am not going to argue about that particular argument as it was with another poster....what we do know is you were arguing earlier in this thread that NCL were not asking anyone to wait more than 90 days, at the same time we all knew it was actually at least 104 days.....and someone a few posts later provided to you the evidence that was indeed the case! 🙄

Well, if you weren't going to argue, then you shouldn't have injected yourself into it. FWIW...I never said that "NCL was not asking anyone to wait more than 90 days". You can quote it if you can find it.

The base of my position has been WHY aren't people just giving these arguments to their Credit Card issuers and getting an immediate refund instead of bickering about it here? 

Still haven't seen the person who can use the Cruise Critic position to get an immediate refund...

36 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

you wrote "dispute concerning the amount charged."  The dispute does not have to be about the amount charged - it could be about the services rendered, or lack thereof.

Yeah, but there is no dispute there either. The cruise was cancelled as a result of the COVID-19 shutdown. Does either NCL or the guest disagree with this?

5 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Yeah, but there is no dispute there either. The cruise was cancelled as a result of the COVID-19 shutdown. Does either NCL or the guest disagree with this?

What, exactly, is your angle? Are you simply arguing that people should be disputing charges with their credit card companies, and not “bickering” about it here? If so, what’s wrong with discussing NCL business practices on a NCL dedicated forum? You suggest people are “bickering” but most of the arguing is stemming from you. Whatever happened to just moving along if you read something you don’t like? Surely, arguing about it for days and keeping the thread at the top of the page is counterintuitive.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 3:52 PM, pianobar said:

We received notice of the cancellation of our May cruise today, obviously not unexpected. As most cruise lines I assume are doing, we were given the choice of a 125% future cruise credit or a "lesser value refund" as they phrase it in their email. Interestingly, they are able to offer the credit option almost immediately (the default) but their customers have to fill in a digital form by a certain future date and then wait at least 3 months for the refund. Really?

NO NOT REALLY IT IS UP TO 90 DAYS, NOT AT LEAST THREE MONTHS...

I note many cruisers on this site defending Norwegian as some sort of a clever marketer attempting to save their company. I think the approach Norwegian is using is, simply put, despicable! This is a time when everyone is fearful and stressed. Many people, including Norwegian's customers, are losing their jobs or laid off. Many of Norwegian's customers saved money for many years to book vacations and, in some cases, to book the dream vacation of a lifetime. Now many of these people are struggling to pay their rents or even buy food. Now Norwegian appropriately cancels their cruise but then says they'll hit the left button on their system and you'll get a cruise credit in a few days.....or......they'll hit the right button on their system and you'll get a refund (aka the cash they may desperately need) but they'll take more than 3 months to give it to you. Despicable. Don't let the defenders of Norwegian's actions fool you into thinking that a credit card refund is more than a simple keystroke of a computer. Despicable.

A SIMPLE KEYSTROKY HA HA HA.  NICE TRY

For a company that is likely to eventually receive millions if not billions of dollars in bailout funds from our taxes, how dare you hold on to the $3000 or maybe $4000 or maybe much more of your customers' hard-earned money for more than 3 months when so many others are helping each other out.  Despicable. The small private tour operators we had booked through have already fully refunded our tours, a process that took just a few days (the simple click of a button on their computer). And these small companies are struggling for their very existence. Yet they operate with integrity and realize the money they took is not theirs until they fulfill their promise of a tour. Take notice, Norwegian! That's how you operate a business.

THEY WILL NOT RECEIVE A BAIL THEY GET A LOAN IF ANYTHING.  YOU ARE GETTING A $1,200 PER PERSON BAIL OUT

We have sailed with several cruise lines in the past. This was to be our first cruise with Norwegian. Other cruise lines may be operating similarly, but my current experience is with Norwegian. I will, with no hesitation, book again with the small tour operators and family-run hotels that have already fully and promptly refunded my money. However, I will never again book a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines. Their business model is completely devoid of integrity and compassion at a time when most of us need integrity and compassion the most. Despicable. Shame on you, Norwegian, shame on you.

"SHAME ON YOU" -  THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE VERE READ.

51 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

NO NOT REALLY IT IS UP TO 90 DAYS, NOT AT LEAST THREE MONTHS...

Is that what your letter says?  Would you care to quote your letter?   Or, are you talking about something which you really don't know anything about?

Because my letter and it would seem everyone else's letter said:  "Those guests can request a refund of the fare paid to be reimbursed to the original form of payment 90 days after completing the request form"

Does not say "up to 90 days", it says 90 days after which means either exactly 90 days or perhaps longer.

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:
1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

So let me get this straight, merchant sells me services, merchant doesn't provide the services, merchant agrees with me that he didn't provide the services and because everyone agrees I didn't get what I paid for I can't dispute the charge?  What if the merchant never refunds my money?  By your logic, there would still be nothing to dispute, every one would agree I paid, I didn't get services and I didn't get a refund.  Nothing to dispute, tough luck.

I don't know why I bother...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

Well...you were all big on particular words...I'm looking for where you got the word "begin" in your original quote...there is no "begin" in your cut and paste. So IF you are going to insist on particular words, then you have to be willing to be particular on your own words. No?

I never said the word "begin" was a quote from NCL. 

There are lots of other words I used that were not direct quotes from NCL. We could go back and forth with you showing me other words that I never attributed to NCL, but for some reason you chose to highlight as not a direct NCL quote.    

You like to debate trivial matters and I'm falling for your bait. 🤦‍♂️  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, brovol said:

AA has many, but not all of its flights cancelled.  NCL had all it cruises cancelled at once.  Not sure how many ships they have, but each has thousands of passengers.  Each ship had several of its sailings cancelled.  Don't know what the average fare and fees is for a passenger, but guessing over $1000.  Hard to compare that situation with some flights being cancelled for an airline.

Here's a better comparison:  Last year, 8 days before our cruise NCL decided to notify us they were shortening our cruise so they could go to dry dock early. NCL knew they were going to cancel well before they notified us so they had time to prepare.  (We know this as weeks prior we saw the Getaway disappear from our last two port's calendars)  We were to be given $300 pp for expenses.  It took over three months to receive the funds after we submitted our claim.    

24 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Is that what your letter says?  Would you care to quote your letter?   Or, are you talking about something which you really don't know anything about?

Because my letter and it would seem everyone else's letter said:  "Those guests can request a refund of the fare paid to be reimbursed to the original form of payment 90 days after completing the request form"

Does not say "up to 90 days", it says 90 days after which means either exactly 90 days or perhaps longer.

Children: I had a cancellation from both rounds.  I got letters to that effect.  Neither letter included the terms of the cash refund, they merely directed me to go to the web site on or after the appropriate date (March 23 or April 13-April 27).  So unless you got different letters, the information about refund timelines is on the web site, and that information is subject to change.  Here is the "old" information that states "within 90 days".  The current information states "after 90 days"

image.png.348a43985b765b75bd09a428c1224c5c.png

1 hour ago, mianmike said:

I never said the word "begin" was a quote from NCL. 

There are lots of other words I used that were not direct quotes from NCL. We could go back and forth with you showing me other words that I never attributed to NCL, but for some reason you chose to highlight as not a direct NCL quote.    

You like to debate trivial matters and I'm falling for your bait. 🤦‍♂️  

And I agree with you..."begin" wasn't a quote from NCL...it was a term YOU inserted. All in a post (#108) where you complained about words and phrases. Words and phrases from others...not for the words YOU insert that were never there. IOW, pot-kettle.

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

So let me get this straight, merchant sells me services, merchant doesn't provide the services, merchant agrees with me that he didn't provide the services and because everyone agrees I didn't get what I paid for I can't dispute the charge?  What if the merchant never refunds my money?  By your logic, there would still be nothing to dispute, every one would agree I paid, I didn't get services and I didn't get a refund.  Nothing to dispute, tough luck.

Do you really need to make up "what if" scenarios that have never happened to support your position? Why would you dispute a charge which was legitimate, correct, and the the merchant has agreed to refund? What part of that (other than "I'm impatient and don't want to wait") are you disputing? What is the dispute? What is the disagreement?

I mean, heck, what if your refund arrived tomorrow? What if?

What if you just called the Credit Card issuer and insisted on an immediate refund? Why won't someone do that? I mean...if your position is legit and justified, pick up the phone....

11 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

And I agree with you..."begin" wasn't a quote from NCL...it was a term YOU inserted. All in a post (#108) where you complained about words and phrases. Words and phrases from others...not for the words YOU insert that were never there. IOW, pot-kettle.

You are being disingenuous.  Merely pointing out the distinction between "before 90 days" and "after 90 days"--a concept you seem to have great difficulty with--is not complaining about words and phrases.  And yes, I used the word "begin" in my post, along with a bunch of other words not attributed to anyone other than myself.   This is really a silly debate.  I give up.  Go ahead and get the last word in.    

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Wanderer_112358 said:

I honestly believe that NCL won't be around in 3 months and I also believe that the company leaders of NCL are aware of that!

That is why people are not getting immediate refunds on their cancelled cruises.

I know, people here won't like me saying this, but it is the truth.

You could be right. In that case our refunds are history. But I think the FCC will be safe as the bankruptcy will be a restructuring and cruises may indeed sail during the restructuring as long as the virus is controlled.

3 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

You could be right. In that case our refunds are history. But I think the FCC will be safe as the bankruptcy will be a restructuring and cruises may indeed sail during the restructuring as long as the virus is controlled.

Either result is a high risk in my view.

Personally, I find the company's business ethics rather disgusting.

• Like 4

For people who have flights cancelled now you can get a refund as long as you do not cancel first:

"Federal officials on Friday ordered airlines to reimburse customers for canceled flights, saying a growing number of passengers are complaining amid the coronavirus pandemic that airlines are providing travel credits rather than refunds."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/politics/airlines-canceled-flights-refunds/index.html

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

What if you just called the Credit Card issuer and insisted on an immediate refund? Why won't someone do that? I mean...if your position is legit and justified, pick up the phone....

Done already.  Already have the credit.  

I was disputing with you your unfounded, unsupported claim that disputes could only be over the amount.  I've already proven you wrong via my experience.

• Like 3

We have received two of the cruise cancellation letters recently from NCL.  NOWHERE in the letter does it address a cash refund in any way.  None.  Shady?  Unethical?  You bet.  NCL is hoping most people won't even realize they might get a cash refund.  This is truly despicable.

Make no mistake, NCL and its lawyers have purposely and carefully worded the '90 days after completing the form'.  Good luck getting a cash refund from a bankrupt company.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Love my butler said:

We have received two of the cruise cancellation letters recently from NCL.  NOWHERE in the letter does it address a cash refund in any way.  None.  Shady?  Unethical?  You bet.  NCL is hoping most people won't even realize they might get a cash refund.  This is truly despicable.

Welcome to cruise life.

18 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Make no mistake, NCL and its lawyers have purposely and carefully worded the '90 days after completing the form'.  Good luck getting a cash refund from a bankrupt company.

I find your posts very up lifting.  Thank you.

we will be booking a cruise as soon as they are free to roam the seas. I have been on bankrupt airlines, got a bankrupt car. Hell even once lived in a bankrupt U.S. City. 

Im worried about LIFE

NOT where I live, what I drive, wasted money on vacations in the future. Those thinks do not make my heart pump

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 2:58 PM, PATRLR said:

I don't know why anyone else bothers