San Francisco Alaska Sailing Question

RSF Cruiser

Have all San Francisco/Alaska sailing been cancelled for 2020?

I read under the heading Carnival Cruise Line: Alaska All Alaska sailings are canceled through and including June 30, 2020, with all cruises scheduled to depart from San Francisco canceled for the rest of 2020. Source: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5016/

I saw nothing on the Princess web site, although I did find the same message on Carnival.com. I have reservations for August 11 round trip from San Francisco to Alaska. I do not want to call my travel agent or Princess, since I"m sure they are busy with dealing with customers whose cruises are sooner than August.

Does anyone have any more information about cruises out of San Francisco?

Thanks!!!

Our July 22 still shows that we are going 

we are waiting till final payment in May

RCCL and Celebrity have cancelled through July first. So will wait and see

trying to stay positive through this ordeal...

38 minutes ago, RSF Cruiser said:

I read under the heading Carnival Cruise Line: Alaska All Alaska sailings are canceled through and including June 30, 2020, with all cruises scheduled to depart from San Francisco canceled for the rest of 2020. Source: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5016/

I saw nothing on the Princess web site, although I did find the same message on Carnival.com. I have reservations for August 11 round trip from San Francisco to Alaska. I do not want to call my travel agent or Princess, since I"m sure they are busy with dealing with customers whose cruises are sooner than August.

Thanks!!!

Dang .. this just hit me like a ton of bricks.  I have three sailings out of San Francisco for this year alone, one of which is for a special birthday and the other two I got excellent complimentary upgrades.  Oh, my problems are small, though ... we're healthy and saving a crazy amount of money just not spending it on cruises.  

Anyway, all my bookings are on Princess ... and so far, they are all still in my personalizer.  I have a sliver of hope that my Sept and Dec sailings out of SF are still on ... for the May one, I completely expect this one to be canceled.  I haven't heard anything and even spoke with my PVP yesterday and she spoke like even the May sailing was still on.  I just really wasn't expecting the whole year to be canceled ... but that is Carnival ... so just more waiting.  

1 hour ago, RSF Cruiser said:

Thanks!!!

Took me a little looking around to find what you were actually referencing. That is specifically for Carnival cruises. If you go to the Princess list further down it does not currently say anything about Alaska or San Francisco cruises.

I am scheduled for June 2 out of San Francisco and have not received anything concerning a cancellation. My cruise also still shows in my cruise personalizer.

I may have asked my question too soon. I've been doing more searching, and it looks like Carnival Cruise Line made the announcement today for Carnival cruises. They evidently did not make the announcement for all cruise lines under the CCL umbrella, but my guess is, Princess may follow with an announcement. Ugh... I won't be surprised if San Francisco cancels cruises, given that the Bay Area counties just put into place more stringent stay at home orders. Sure hope everyone is staying safe and healthy...

1 hour ago, RSF Cruiser said:

Thanks!!!

"Carnival Cruise Lines" or "Carnival Corporation"?   

If the former, they're talking about those cruises specific to Carnival Cruise Line, not all Carnival Corporation cruises.

45 minutes ago, fastpitchdad said:

Well Canada is closed until July 1 so it could be in reaction to that since you can't cruise to Alaska without a Canadian stop. 

Well, you could, if you stop in, say, Mexico before heading there.  Or make it a really long cruise to include, maybe, Japan.

It just has to be any foreign port, not specifically "Canada".

12 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Well, you could, if you stop in, say, Mexico before heading there.  Or make it a really long cruise to include, maybe, Japan.

It just has to be any foreign port, not specifically "Canada".

Alaska has blocked some of their ports as well ...

if it weren’t for so many people having this bug, many not even realizing it, I wouldn’t mind just tootling around alaska without any ports of call.  I know that’s unrealistic ...