Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Well, surgery postponed till tomorrow!

I was given a choice, stay at the hospital since I was already prepped, or go back tomorrow morning. I opted to come home, so I could be comfortable. 
Liquid diet today, and start over tomorrow. 
The reason? This makes me look dumb, but no one mentioned bowel cleansing, and I never thought of it. 
It was the failure of my surgeon’s office staff. Big apologies and he’s going to operate on his normal office day. 

That is disappointing Mimi.

Hopefully your operation is  successful tomorrow.

Graham.

5 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Graham...where are the pics of those great breakfasts and dinners?  Did you post any today?  

Dinner tonight.

Lobster starter.

Sea Bass main.

Coconut and Pistachio ice cream for dessert.

IMG_20211109_185741.jpg

IMG_20211109_191654.jpg

IMG_20211109_193352.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 12

14 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We tried to do a TA 3 times.  The first one, our friends cancelled, so silly that we are, we cancelled also.🧐  The second time, we were already packed, ready to go, when 3 days before our trip, I had gotten sick, and cancelled the plane the day before we were to fly to London, leaving Southampton for Iceland and Canada.😟  The saying is, third time is the charm.  Not in this case, though!  Our TA from Southampton on the Anthem was cancelled due to this darned Pandemic.🤐  All 3 times starting from Southampton, after touring London.  We have yet to get to London.  

That had to be amazing, Pat!!

Hope all will be well for you and Charlie.

I would have to say, better than wine!  (especially since I'm not a big wine drinker)

Charlie had his a month ago, no reaction except his arm was sore.

• Like 2

Trying to catch up while sitting by the pool for a bit.  
Thinking of you @jagsfanMimi, must be frustrating to wait another day but as others have said “ You’ve got this”!!!

Here are the “gurlz” at the start of the half marathon verrrry early Sunday morning.8B94D94D-7020-49E3-8810-FA0016855E6D.thumb.jpeg.7b883b0be8a571d5ef0beca046a09e81.jpeg

Also, the “gurlz” and grandkids outside Italy pavilion in Epcot.  This is another photo re-creation from a few year ago, with a few more grandkids added. B929BB69-A697-4A7F-B5E8-D68C86A04FEA.thumb.jpeg.7775500a19178b68335864b9d5b7f741.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thinking of you @jagsfanMimi, must be frustrating to wait another day but as others have said “ You’ve got this”!!!

Here are the “gurlz” at the start of the half marathon verrrry early Sunday morning.8B94D94D-7020-49E3-8810-FA0016855E6D.thumb.jpeg.7b883b0be8a571d5ef0beca046a09e81.jpeg

Also, the “gurlz” and grandkids outside Italy pavilion in Epcot.  This is another photo re-creation from a few year ago, with a few more grandkids added. B929BB69-A697-4A7F-B5E8-D68C86A04FEA.thumb.jpeg.7775500a19178b68335864b9d5b7f741.jpeg

Lovely photos of your girls and grandkids.

Graham

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Still taking advantage of the extremely balmy weather, we decided to walk (~15 min) to the "center" and eat a falafel at our favorite place, 1st time since Covid struck... 

Such a huge disappointment. I think they changed the recipe -- not even close to what we liked and remembered. One bite and I looked at DH, questioning. He said: "not tasty at all". We left all the meal. Pity.

On our way back, we passed a new pizza place. Decided to give it a try. We ordered, waited for a few mins, and took it home.

Not bad. DH liked it, I found it a bit salty.

But, we enjoyed so much walking the streets and seeing people out and about, enjoying the evening outside.

The falafel as we got it. Looks very promising.

Falafel.thumb.jpg.43ef241bbb1d6a598e3faee7e747f01f.jpg

Waiting for our pizza.

Falafel1.thumb.jpg.f0e1db4f0fc7bf8ee255184a10fd9c6a.jpg

And the end result 😁

Falafel2.thumb.jpg.d02764a5e04f1735321a3fb1b74783fa.jpg

Nice thin crust pizza.😋

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

We really want to do the first leg, and was trying to book it when the announcement came out...then found out can't do so until December.   Though I really don't think anything will be left to book by then.  

Drats.  😕

Not interested in the 2nd leg (pretty much doing identical thing on Radiance early 2023)...and not interested in legs 3 and 4.   

But no worries...there are plenty of other cruise lines out there, doing close to that first leg itinerary.  Always fun to research.  🙂 

I, too, would love to do the first leg of the world cruise.     Will be very curious to see price and availability when released in December.    I think it is 64 days, which we could do as we can work online where ever we are at, but I sure would miss my kitties Eva and Sparky.    I would have to teach my older neighbor how to facetime with the cats🙃

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

A week ago Monday we got our booster shots, Friday did our first home test (we were using CVS) and got on the Oasis on Sunday. It's our first time on the Oasis. Yesterday was Coco Cay, tomorrow is St. Thomas and then St. Martin. Mike was talking to another pilot when they were flying and the conversation turned to cruising. Turns out he and his husband are on here also. Will be meeting them in the diamond lounge tonight. 🥂

Awesome!    Have  a wonderful cruise and enjoy everything the Oasis has to offer.    

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Love the pictures, Deb.  I love the outfits your daughters ran in!  It looks like a really great time for your all!

• Thanks 1