Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm the same.  Never had a fear of heights when I was younger.  About 15 years ago, I found myself a little woozie when trying to step onto the 1100+ foot (342 m) high glass floor of the CN Tower in Toronto.  The engineering half of my brain knew there was no concern...lots of safety built in.  The other half of my brain though took charge and said no way.  It bothered me just watching little kids jumping up and down on the glass panels.

That was my first and pretty sure my last high glass floor.     

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Same here, Lenny. My fear of heights came on suddenly in my 40s. Prior to that  I did the Sydney Harbour Bridgeclimb with my brother and Dad for my Dad’s 60th.  My brother did not enjoy it all.  I thought it was a walk in the park and the height didn’t faze me at alI.  I couldn’t do it now.  It’s not so much the height of the bridge, it’s the open steel mesh walkway  that you walk across to access the ladder to climb the bridge that would do me in now. Hate looking down.

Hannah did the Harbor Bridge climb, too and loved it. 
She turned 29 on Groundhog Day. It will be interesting to see if she gets more cautious.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m glad the glass floor wasn’t there when I was. 
The last time I went to the top, it had just become the Willis Tower, and my paranoia kicked in. When we were ready to leave, I had the feeling that as soon as I committed to board the elevator, it would drop away from me. 
I told Dick I was going to walk down. 
A security guard heard me and came over and told me I couldn’t do the stairs. They were for emergency only, and he couldn’t allow me to do it. I argued to no avail. 
I didn’t notice the elevator door opening but Dick pulled and the guard pushed and, willy nilly, I was on the elevator. 
Luckily, I probably won’t have an opportunity to scare myself silly on the North Star. 

That would have been a VERY LONG walk down the stairs.  😐

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That was my first and pretty sure my last high glass floor.     

Heights with a glass floor, or inside protected from falling never bothered me.  Even zip lining doesn’t bother me.  But climbing a ladder to clean the gutters if a second floor, or change the bulb in a two store space will bother me a lot.  I guess because there is the higher chance of falling.  

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Heights with a glass floor, or inside protected from falling never bothered me.  Even zip lining doesn’t bother me.  But climbing a ladder to clean the gutters if a second floor, or change the bulb in a two store space will bother me a lot.  I guess because there is the higher chance of falling.  

I like your new new photo!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Have a great cruise John and Lala!

Hugs for Bella🥰

Happy cruising from me also, John!

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Birthday to Lisa for tomorrow and also Sue @sgmn.  Hope both lovely ladies enjoy their day 🎂🎉

Happy Birthday wishes to Lisa and Sue!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Rough night working out a schedule for pain meds. Therapy this morning. I think it’s going to be a hard day.

How'd your therapy go today, Greg?  I remember having to refer to Jim's medicine schedule, what meds in the morning, what meds in the evening, etc., PT every Mon, Wed. and Friday.  This too shall pass!  I just realized it's been almost 5 months since Jim's surgery,  

You've got this, Greg!!🥰

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Mind u Mimi, part of the floor at the  top is glass… It took me a few mins to actually take the first step on it and looking down 150 meters… Others around me were much more courageous ….

Dani, I'm so glad you and DH are having such a wonderful time in Dubai.  I say good for you, walking on the glass for, and then looking down.  Quite impressive!!😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

You just reminded me of the first time poor Dick found out I was acrophobic. 
He was repairing the flashing around the chimney after a storm. I made him a couple of sandwiches and put them in a bag with a thermos of iced tea. 
Very organized, I was!

Our first house was a one story on a slab. 
I climbed the ladder and didn’t see him, so I climbed into the roof and carefully crossed over the peak and he was on the other side telling a neighbor what he was doing. I handed him the bag and told him to stop and eat. 
I got back to the ladder and froze. I couldn’t make myself back onto the ladder. I finally hollered for Dick. and he tried to talk me into it. No luck.
He finally yelled for the neighbor at the top of his lungs. Mr Stanley  finally  came and with the help of another neighbor who held the ladder, I got down that ladder.
 They got me between Mr Stanley’s arms while Dick held  onto me and I crawled down underneath him. 
I’m surprised Dick has stuck with me for 60 years!

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is crazy here too.    yesterday was around 56, today low 60's and tomorrow back in the 20's / low 30's maybe with a chance of 1 to 3 inches of snow.     then back up in the 50's early next week.  

Be careful with turning your AC on as my HVAC guy told me to never put it when the outside temp is 60 or less.    I am not a techny with this kinda stuff but can freeze the inner coils and something about the lubricating fluids will thicken and damage the unit as well something with the refrigerant. 

You know that thingy that can break that other thingy - LOL!       

Thanks for the heads up.  It was only on long enough to bring it down to 69° inside.  I didn’t leave it on.  It has been in the mid to upper 60s the last few days so it should be ok.

Thingy is good. 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You just reminded me of the first time poor Dick found out I was acrophobic. 
He was repairing the flashing around the chimney after a storm. I made him a couple of sandwiches and put them in a bag with a thermos of iced tea. 
Very organized, I was!

Our first house was a one story on a slab. 
I climbed the ladder and didn’t see him, so I climbed into the roof and carefully crossed over the peak and he was on the other side telling a neighbor what he was doing. I handed him the bag and told him to stop and eat. 
I got back to the ladder and froze. I couldn’t make myself back onto the ladder. I finally hollered for Dick. and he tried to talk me into it. No luck.
He finally yelled for the neighbor at the top of his lungs. Mr Stanley  finally  came and with the help of another neighbor who held the ladder, I got down that ladder.
 They got me between Mr Stanley’s arms while Dick held  onto me and I crawled down underneath him. 
I’m surprised Dick has stuck with me for 60 years!

At least you didn’t fall on your head that time. 😀

• Haha 3

Another overcast day here in Sydney.  February is usually hot so really enjoying the cooler weather.

Today’s morning outing was to Bobbin Head in Ku-ring-Gai Chase National Park in the Northern suburbs of Sydney.  Popular with cyclists, families for picnics and boaties.

F7071615-9D90-4E19-9824-36D12FE67A67.jpeg

CAA30F55-6AF1-4040-9E9F-787E807F1D00.jpeg

1F5DB6BC-B57B-45FD-8608-46616A9BDD10.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 10

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, it seems that Burj al-Khalifa had a bit of remorse after driving us crazy with the online booking… This morning, while waiting for a guy who will perform our PCR test, DH remarked: “such a clear day for the Burj, pity about the tickets”, his email pinged…. surprise, surprise — our tickets!!!

Yay!  You were able to get your tickets for Burj al-Khalifa!!!!

You and your hubby are seeing such amazing and unique sights and sites on your well-deserved vacation. I’m so happy for you!! 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1