Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry if I missed it, but when did signatures start appearing in our posts🤔

Always been there on the computer and on my iPad.  Signatures do not appear on my iPhone.  

Did it change for those using android devices?

11 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Hit that little x on the right by whete the signature starts...it's light gray. It will give an option to turn them off.

I couldn’t figure out what signature everyone was talking about until I saw the light gray x you pointed out. I clicked the x and it disappeared.  Now I need to figure out how to get it back. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The one bright spot I can offer is that there is tremendous success in treating breast cancers but it is a process and I understand the anxiety.

I feel about my younger brother the same way you feel about your older sister.

Thank you so much for your encouraging words, OB!  My sister is so brave, and has a great attitude.

I hope your brother is doing well.❤️

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Just wanted to pop in and say that my Jen's friend, Jen, is walking and had all her "tubes" removed!  Less than a week after a heart transplant. 

Tremendously wonderful news about Jen and her heart transplant!!!!

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have calm seas, sunny skies with an expected high of 68 f today.  

Last night we went to welcome aboard show, singer was great, comedian was so so.    We then went to schooners and listed to piano player/singer.   He is really good.

Tonight we go to Chops.

Glad to hear your sea is calm, Debbie!

Jim and I love Schooners;  they always seem to have a great piano player/singer there.

Is it a different player then on last weeks cruise with Chris and Donna?

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I am thinking of you and your family. 
Have a great cruise! Cheers!!

Thank you, Greg.  It means so much to me.

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I found Rivers comments deplorable and as I started to walk out, with Jack following, Joan yelled at me.  "Oh Grow Up"  I just kept walking with my head held high and others clapped and followed me.  

Good for you, Bonnie!  Some comedians are so offensive with their topics.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Just wanted to pop in and say that my Jen's friend, Jen, is walking and had all her "tubes" removed!  Less than a week after a heart transplant. A true warrior!

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

+ 2 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much for your encouraging words, OB!  My sister is so brave, and has a great attitude.

I hope your brother is doing well.❤️

Glad to hear your sea is calm, Debbie!

Jim and I love Schooners;  they always seem to have a great piano player/singer there.

Is it a different player then on last weeks cruise with Chris and Donna?

Thank you, Greg.  It means so much to me.

Good for you, Bonnie!  Some comedians are so offensive with their topics.

Another fan of the schooner bar definitely been going there for decades on various ships , on our allure cruise we would move from there to pub with guitar player singer then to jazz club then repeat.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a little run in with a family while working in library/computer room this morning.  Very loud family wanted to play games on one of tables next to us and I politely asked if they could be quiet as we were trying to work.   Another woman was also working on her computer and another couple was reading.   The Mother then yells at me saying it's not a library and I don't have to be quiet.  I said I don't care if you talk but yelling is the problem.   Her teenage son then hollered something and the Father told them to stop and let the people work.   She left mumbling the table wasn't clean.   

2 minutes later she walks back and hollers just because this place has books doesn't mean it's a library.   We all just ignored her then husband told her Stop it!! And walked her out of the area.   Ugghh!   Hopefully we don't run into them again.

How unfortunate that you, Eric, and the other people in the Library had to encounter such a rude woman and her son.  Some people are just Trash.  So Sorry.  Hopefully you won't be seeing them again on the ship.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We are onboard and ready for sail away. Other family members in Port were the Radience, the Vision and the Constellation. Internet is so far so good but we are still in FL. Moving now. My first drink was a 🥭  thingy with very tiny bit of liquor. It was good. We are sitting at the aft Sunset/ lawn area and are sailing away. 

Bon Voyage, Arzeena and RJ!  Have a great cruise!

(I found the bartenders at the Pool deck were pretty generous with their liquor)

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

For anyone who has checked in with the app lately on an iPhone, is there a way to upload photos and vax cards stored on the phone, instead of taking new pictures of them each time?  They use to have that ability, but I don’t recall seeing it the last few check in’s we did.   Or is that feature only available if checking in through the website on a computer?

Mark, I know this isn't answering your question about uploading photos and vax cards, but I was just on my app about an hour or so ago, and took a photo of our vax cards on my android.  My friend has an iPhone, and she was unable to take a photo of their vax cards.  Luckily, we're going to our TA tomorrow to pick up a copy of our Covid appts, since we don't have a printer here, and our TA very graciously prints everything out for us.  Still unable to print our Boarding Pass..it still just shows a blank on our RCI page, yet our Luggage Tags are printed.  Go figure??

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, George C said:

Another fan of the schooner bar definitely been going there for decades on various ships , on our allure cruise we would move from there to pub with guitar player singer then to jazz club then repeat.

Where should we head to for lunch when we get on the Allure this weekend?  It's our first time on the Oasis Class.  Looking forward to exploring!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

"OK, I've modeled enough.... Would u hurry up with your camera? I have a business lunch to attend..."

_DSC3885.thumb.JPG.508170f358be4a9d043cb025cbc0e874.JPG

What a fantastic cat! I’ve never seen coloring like that!

We are at the end of Day 2 of our cruise. The first of two days at sea. 
We went through the terminal at PC so fast it was a blur. We stopped in a couple of places for maybe 30 seconds so someone could scan a sail pass and our passports. One did try to counsel us on renewing because they expire in 23. 
We thanked him and went on. 

We stopped outside Voom which had about 30-40 people in line. We sat on the padded seat near the line and I signed into Voom and then booked our shows. 
Took about five minutes max. 
Then Windjammer for lunch to make Dick happy. He would eat every meal there if he could. I had a very unbalanced lunch. 
Roast beef, roast pork, Caponata and cauliflower. Then I was too full to look at anything else. 
Love our Grand Suite. Very comfortable, and I always like to read while he watches tv. Now I don’t have that flicker and bright to dark and back again yo distract me. 
I slept at least 9 hours, which is amazing. 
Breakfast was maybe the only time I eat in the Coastal Kitchen, and it was excellent Eggs Benedict. I didn’t have to saw through the English muffin. 
I took my Kindle, sat in a corner at a two top and enjoyed my breakfast. 
Maybe I will make it back!

Dinner in the Grande has been good, but I am mad at all of you who have already cruised this year. You never mentioned the really awful change!
Namely, happened to the hard rolls? We’re being given namby pamby soft rolls any restaurant might serve. 
Royal’s hard rolls were something we looked forward to, especially the pumpkin seed ones.  
Why hasn’t anyone mentioned the devastation wrought  by the change in the bread?
Other than that,.which is HUGE,

the food is ok. 

Servers are still wearing  masks, and Windjammer is still not self serve. 
They haven’t been told if and then that will change. 
It was rocky last night after dinner so we did the drunk walk. It sure put me to sleep. Smooth tonight. 

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Where should we head to for lunch when we get on the Allure this weekend?  It's our first time on the Oasis Class.  Looking forward to exploring!!

We did suite restaurant most days , but park cafe in Central Park had my favorite lunch , a delicious rare roast beef sandwich ( no charge) . Lots of other free places , pizza, dog house, etc

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

What a fantastic cat! I’ve never seen coloring like that!

We are at the end of Day 2 of our cruise. The first of two days at sea. 
We went through the terminal at PC so fast it was a blur. We stopped in a couple of places for maybe 30 seconds so someone could scan a sail pass and our passports. One did try to counsel us on renewing because they expire in 23. 
We thanked him and went on. 

We stopped outside Voom which had about 30-40 people in line. We sat on the padded seat near the line and I signed into Voom and then booked our shows. 
Took about five minutes max. 
Then Windjammer for lunch to make Dick happy. He would eat every meal there if he could. I had a very unbalanced lunch. 
Roast beef, roast pork, Caponata and cauliflower. Then I was too full to look at anything else. 
Love our Grand Suite. Very comfortable, and I always like to read while he watches tv. Now I don’t have that flicker and bright to dark and back again yo distract me. 
I slept at least 9 hours, which is amazing. 
Breakfast was maybe the only time I eat in the Coastal Kitchen, and it was excellent Eggs Benedict. I didn’t have to saw through the English muffin. 
I took my Kindle, sat in a corner at a two top and enjoyed my breakfast. 
Maybe I will make it back!

Dinner in the Grande has been good, but I am mad at all of you who have already cruised this year. You never mentioned the really awful change!
Namely, happened to the hard rolls? We’re being given namby pamby soft rolls any restaurant might serve. 
Royal’s hard rolls were something we looked forward to, especially the pumpkin seed ones.  
Why hasn’t anyone mentioned the devastation wrought  by the change in the bread?
Other than that,.which is HUGE,

the food is ok. 

Servers are still wearing  masks, and Windjammer is still not self serve. 
They haven’t been told if and then that will change. 
It was rocky last night after dinner so we did the drunk walk. It sure put me to sleep. Smooth tonight. 

I didn’t mention that we are on Harmony, for anyone not knowing!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, George C said:

We did suite restaurant most days , but park cafe in Central Park had my favorite lunch , a delicious rare roast beef sandwich ( no charge) . Lots of other free places , pizza, dog house, etc

I had my beef on kimmelweck for lunch today. I always ask for double meat. And yes, so tender!

I also took a couple of bags of potato chips. Opened one and the chips were so fresh! Maybe because it’s been a long time since I ate any!

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, George C said:

Thank you, George..I'm expecting it won't be as crazy as the Windjammer can be on the first day.

52 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We like to go to Solarium Bistro. It is much more relaxing than going to WJ.

This is It at 12:45 on boarding day on Allure when we were on earlier this month. 

1B685F25-AD11-4B93-8994-B84AB5301DBA.thumb.jpeg.4541a3b47cda5ccfefa23e4c5dce3804.jpeg

And my “meat choices”

B8E33C2F-396D-45A0-A832-AA61A5AE038D.thumb.jpeg.e824018afb6b7e640aefdded67a9d909.jpeg

Enjoy Allure

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This is It at 12:45 on boarding day on Allure when we were on earlier this month. 

1B685F25-AD11-4B93-8994-B84AB5301DBA.thumb.jpeg.4541a3b47cda5ccfefa23e4c5dce3804.jpeg

And my “meat choices”

B8E33C2F-396D-45A0-A832-AA61A5AE038D.thumb.jpeg.e824018afb6b7e640aefdded67a9d909.jpeg

Enjoy Allure

That looks great, Mark.  Thank you!  

We're looking forward to the Allure!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And my “meat choices”

Enjoy Allure

The only time we ever set foot in the WJ was for afternoon ice cream.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I couldn’t figure out what signature everyone was talking about until I saw the light gray x you pointed out. I clicked the x and it disappeared.  Now I need to figure out how to get it back. 

To get them back, you have to click on your profile, then account, then account settings, then signature.  There should be a toggle to turn signatures back on.

Some of the submenus may be a little different, depending on the device but it is in the signature menu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, George..I'm expecting it won't be as crazy as the Windjammer can be on the first day.

Central Park area is so nice and peaceful with lots of trees and bushes , they also have live music at night there.

• Like 4