Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

After many, many tries rescheduled our second vaccine shot for this Thursday🙏We had Saturday the 27th but we were at different times now we have the same time.  Hoping things go quickly this time.

Good luck and hope all goes well!  🙂  I was apprehensive waiting to get our 2nd shot, hoping it would still work out.  Not as smooth sailing as first one, but did happen.  Huge relief!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a friend who moved to SC after retiring but he hates living there.

My Dad lives in SC.  He moved back to Michigan for awhile, then ended up back in SC.  

SC has some beautiful areas...but too cold in the winter for us, and too hot and much more humid in the summer than Florida.  We have more "natural A/C" being surrounded by the ocean.  

Plus we love being near the "drive to" ports here in Florida.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

He doesn't use the Veteran discount much...except for Lowes...which right now gets a lot of our money!!  😄 

For National parks (day visit, not camping) he bought the senior pass, which is one time fee, entry good for life, including anyone that is in the vehicle with him.  Worked really well in Maine visiting Acadia NP.  

State parks here in Florida for camping site rental is 50% off for any resident over 65.  And as of this year, I qualify as well, don't have to bring in his DL at registration...just mine.  😄  Very good deal, but problem is now with everyone wanting to "staycation" and take their RV into the state parks...with all the seniors here...very tough to get a site.   

And not just locals...record number from other states as well wanting to take their RV here during the winter months.  Sub for cruising I guess, and can keep "social distancing" in their own rig.    😉 

I turned 62 in January, and I ordered the America the beautiful lifetime pass sometime shortly after.  I hope travel happens and I can use it.  It is such a cheap deal.  

JC

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

He doesn't use the Veteran discount much...except for Lowes...which right now gets a lot of our money!!  😄 

For National parks (day visit, not camping) he bought the senior pass, which is one time fee, entry good for life, including anyone that is in the vehicle with him.  Worked really well in Maine visiting Acadia NP.  

State parks here in Florida for camping site rental is 50% off for any resident over 65.  And as of this year, I qualify as well, don't have to bring in his DL at registration...just mine.  😄  Very good deal, but problem is now with everyone wanting to "staycation" and take their RV into the state parks...with all the seniors here...very tough to get a site.   

And not just locals...record number from other states as well wanting to take their RV here during the winter months.  Sub for cruising I guess, and can keep "social distancing" in their own rig.    😉 

Check. I believe with his DD214 he can get a pass for National and State parks. Free entrance with up to 4 in vehicle. 

Easiest way is to take paperwork to any open National Park. I did mine in St Augustine. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

@island ladyand other pizza stone aficionados -- Do you have a brand of pizza stone you would recommend?  I had a Pampered Chef stone long ago, but never got the hang of it, and let it go.  I'm now intrigued (and inspired!), and would like to try again . . .

Unfortunately no way I could remember what brand my stone is...been 40 plus years since I bought it.  I do know I purposely bought a thinner one than most stones on the market.  Gets the crust crispier.  Tried a thicker stone eons ago, didn't like it and it didn't season right (that was the one I left with the ex-husband 😉 ) .    I checked the back of my stone right now, just states it was made in Italy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Check. I believe with his DD214 he can get a pass for National and State parks. Free entrance with up to 4 in vehicle. 

Easiest way is to take paperwork to any open National Park. I did mine in St Augustine. 

I know this is a rccl board but msc gives vets a ten percent discount, I also use my Lowe’s discount they even have reserved parking spots for vets . I brought my dd214 when I renewed drivers license so now that shows I am a vet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Well, today it snowed all day here. We didn't venture out.

Sunday dinners are always sandwiches. Tonight was Reubens with home made Russian dressing. So easy in the oven. Always turn out perfect. I could only eat half.

20210221_195923.jpg

Yums!!  Our community restaurant here does a fabulous Reuben.  Every Thursday is lunch there...looks like that is my choice for this week!  🙂 

6 hours ago, Paw13 said:

Thank you he is so kind and lovely.

He is too quick to help and posted a meme from the humour thread when someone asked for it.

I only joined cruise critic to give an update on Sarah's covid19 after your very kind concern.

Thank you.

Love Paw xx

Good to hear from you Pauline!  🥰 Please send that "trouble maker" husband of yours a warm hello and a hug from Pat and Bucky.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I turned 62 in January, and I ordered the America the beautiful lifetime pass sometime shortly after.  I hope travel happens and I can use it.  It is such a cheap deal.  

JC

From what I remember, I think there are over 2000 National parks in the U.S.  Some of the most beautiful areas in the world! 🥰

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Good to hear from you Pauline!  🥰 Please send that "trouble maker" husband of yours a warm hello and a hug from Pat and Bucky.  😉 

Thank you Pat and Bucky.

Love and hugs back to you both.

Pauline xx

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Good point.  Bucky though, bought his lifetime senior pass (not expensive) at Canaveral National Seashore park between where you are, and we are.  Bought right at the check in station.  Pass is good

for life.  🙂 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, George C said:

I know this is a rccl board but msc gives vets a ten percent discount, I also use my Lowe’s discount they even have reserved parking spots for vets . I brought my dd214 when I renewed drivers license so now that shows I am a vet.

I always punch in Military, Senior, Florida resident, and my C&A number when checking prices or making reservations online with RCI.  But only rarely does the military discount come in to play.  😞 

• Like 2