Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Let me know how the experiment goes. This could be very interesting. I have never thought of doing juice based ice cubes.

Have you made anything with egg white foam on top?  I'm not sure if that comes from hard shaking with the egg white mixed with everything else, or if the foam is made separately.  I'm guessing the later.  I didn't see them make it but the foam was just slightly hanging over the rim of the glass, so they may have added it to the top using a whip cream canister.

37 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The last one-week plan that I had included $150K in medical (secondary) and $1M in emergency medical evac, plus all of the other typical trip interruption, luggage, etc. for $205 for 2 people.  

Great price. What company did you use? I like the $1M for emergency medivac.

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Great price. What company did you use? I like the $1M for emergency medivac.

As stated above they are brokers. They represent multiple companies. You just need to put in the recommended cruise filters to see which companies they recommend for you to choose from. There are other similar brokers.  We used to use them for medical and evacuation and self-insured the cruise fare by putting in zero for trip but moved onto Allianz annual more recently. Allianz worked out fine when we recently had to cancel 7 bookings. Fortunately most were only at the deposit stage although first two were B2B, three days before sailing. 

Fortunately we are not high ticket cruisers.  I understand why annual policies may not be popular with high rollers but for us the savings on coverage for all the cruises we did not claim made it worth it. If you used all the allowance in one claim you are no worse off having to take out individual policies thereafter unless you have a problem with pre-existing conditions. One of the biggest problems with annual policies are if you want an extended vacation of several months. 

As with all insurance it is a gamble and there is no “one size fits all” you have to weigh up your personal requirements.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, c-leg5 said:

As stated above they are brokers. They represent multiple companies. You just need to put in the recommended cruise filters to see which companies they recommend for you to choose from. There are other similar brokers.  We used to use them for medical and evacuation and self-insured the cruise fare by putting in zero for trip but moved onto Allianz annual more recently. Allianz worked out fine when we recently had to cancel 7 bookings. Fortunately most were only at the deposit stage although first two were B2B, three days before sailing. 

Fortunately we are not high ticket cruisers.  I understand why annual policies may not be popular with high rollers but for us the savings on coverage for all the cruises we did not claim made it worth it. If you used all the allowance in one claim you are no worse off having to take out individual policies thereafter unless you have a problem with pre-existing conditions. One of the biggest problems with annual policies are if you want an extended vacation of several months. 

As with all insurance it is a gamble and there is no “one size fits all” you have to weigh up your personal requirements.

Thanks for your insight.