The Daily for Saturday Apr 4, 2020

richwmn

2 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for the daily report.

Where was the centre of the earthquake? 

What strength?

It was near Anza, about a 4.9 I believe. Scared Denise and my sister. Another excuse for a martini..

Good evening erewhon. What did you do today?

44 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

It was near Anza, about a 4.9 I believe. Scared Denise and my sister. Another excuse for a martini..

Good evening erewhon. What did you do today?

Thank you for the information.   That was  quite a quake.  It's a horible sensation.

It's a lovely sunny Sunday here, clocks turned back 1 hour at 2 am, have done some tidying in the garden, at present watching the daily report on the covid 19 situation. Now have over 1000 affected, 15 people in hospital, of these 3 are in intensive care.

We will go for a walk later.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas and @cat shepard what did you do today?

I slept so well last night that this am I was up early!! We took Paisley to our favorite park for a nice long walk. Our park is closed off but walkers are allowed in no cars. Always empty so it was nice. Baked a herb chicken with roasted veggies for our daughter. We met up to exchange Paisley from a big distance! 😥😷 So sad! 
Want to hug her and we just can’t yet! We have Paisley every other week which is nice.

we took a long drive up the coast, had a great big glass of wine and enjoyed music and sitting outside at the ocean! 
Dinner was yummy! We ordered our favorite pizza with Chianti! Now getting ready for sunset with us outside! 
I NEVER WENT ONLINE FOR THE NEWS OR ON TV👍 Felt good!

Hows the weather there Joy? Hope you guys have a great Saturday evening and Sunday! No rocking or rolling here! 
Be save my dear friend

Denise😊

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thank you for the information.   That was  quite a quake.  It's a horible sensation.

It's a lovely sunny Sunday here, clocks turned back 1 hour at 2 am, have done some tidying in the garden, at present watching the daily report on the covid 19 situation. Now have over 1000 affected, 13 people in hospital, of these 3 are in intensive care.

We will go for a walk later.

Hi erewhon!!

I was thinking if you yesterday and was going to write you!! Since I have grown up in California born and raised I have lived through some big ones. This quake was like I never felt before! I have had rolling quakes, actual jolting when plates slip,

but this one 😱 . It was out by Riverside 

near Anza Borego Desert. A small town called Anza. 
you take care erewhon!! 1,000 I am so sorry! In San Diego 1,100!  We all need each other as support and to keep ourselves sane! You enjoy your walk in the sunshine!

Talk soon

Denise😊

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I slept so well last night that this am I was up early!! We took Paisley to our favorite park for a nice long walk. Our park is closed off but walkers are allowed in no cars. Always empty so it was nice. Baked a herb chicken with roasted veggies for our daughter. We met up to exchange Paisley from a big distance! 😥😷 So sad! 
Want to hug her and we just can’t yet! We have Paisley every other week which is nice.

we took a long drive up the coast, had a great big glass of wine and enjoyed music and sitting outside at the ocean! 
Dinner was yummy! We ordered our favorite pizza with Chianti! Now getting ready for sunset with us outside! 
I NEVER WENT ONLINE FOR THE NEWS OR ON TV👍 Felt good!

Hows the weather there Joy? Hope you guys have a great Saturday evening and Sunday! No rocking or rolling here! 
Be save my dear friend

Denise😊

I slept great as well. Sounds like you had a great day. 

It was sunny today but chilly. Tomorrow we are going to take a lake drive. I am going to make a fruit and cheese plate to take along. Missing my Mahjongg girls and Kroc Center friends.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I had a virtual wine social tonight. 🍷

During the day I did lots of the gardening. Our oaks have lost their leaves FOUR times! So lots of raking. Good exercise - beautiful weather.

And walked Bindi. She does not appreciate that I interject aerobic walking into her “sniff n walk”.

Hi Cat!!!!

Our daughter called us this late afternoon!

her best friends all got together for a HAPPY HOUR face timing everyone for an hour! They all got some appetizers had wine and all talked! Virtual wine social live it!

Hope your evening is great Cat!

Stay safe and take care!

Denise😊

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I slept great as well. Sounds like you had a great day. 

It was sunny today but chilly. Tomorrow we are going to take a lake drive. I am going to make a fruit and cheese plate to take along. Missing my Mahjongg girls and Kroc Center friends.

What a great 💡! Enjoy your lake drive Joy

Denise😊

11 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi erewhon!!

I was thinking if you yesterday and was going to write you!! Since I have grown up in California born and raised I have lived through some big ones. This quake was like I never felt before! I have had rolling quakes, actual jolting when plates slip,

but this one 😱 . It was out by Riverside 

near Anza Borego Desert. A small town called Anza. 
you take care erewhon!! 1,000 I am so sorry! In San Diego 1,100!  We all need each other as support and to keep ourselves sane! You enjoy your walk in the sunshine!

Talk soon

Denise😊

1039 cases for the whole country, closing the borders and having lockdown seems to be helping to control the spread.

Everyday we all told to stay at home, no driving except to access pharmacy, doctor or supermarkets.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, erewhon said:

1039 cases for the whole country, closing the borders and having lockdown seems to be helping to control the spread.

Everyday we all told to stay at home, no driving except to access pharmacy, doctor or supermarkets.

That is what we do too!! I only go out to get groceries when I have too and wear gloves mask and my dental protective glasses! I social distancing too! I hope we get a vaccine soon!

Denise😊

Bit of an interesting new anchorage for Westerdam; up the Sea of Cortez, and on the hook off La Paz "The Peace," the capital of Baja California Sur. Those who ever did HAL's old Sea of Cortez cruises will remember this port

Also, Oosterdam is back at anchor Off Cabo San Lucas, "around the corner" from Westerdam

La Paz Driving Map

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Bit of an interesting new anchorage for Westerdam; up the Sea of Cortez, and on the hook off La Paz "The Peace," the capital of Baja California Sur. Those who ever did HAL's old Sea of Cortez cruises will remember this port

Also, Oosterdam is back at anchor Off Cabo San Lucas, "around the corner" from Westerdam

La Paz Driving Map

Hi John!

Just read this to David. We loved Sea if Cortez did them in 2009 and 2010! Ryndam and Zaandam!! That is where we saw whales👍👍

Thanks John for letting us know where Westerdam and Oosterdam Are! Brought back memories for us!

Hope your doing well in LA! It was so wonderful with you at the helm guiding us along with the magnificent Rotterdam and our Zaandam!! We will never forget it! Thanks for the pictures to!!

Stay safe my friend!

Denise😊

• Like 2