My Cruise Consultant isn't responding to my emails

SpainAlien

I don't know it anyone can help me. I have been emailing my Cruise Consultant for two weeks now but I don't receive a response. I have tried calling him and I get a message saying this number doesn't exist. Does anyone have an email address for me to cancel my booking. 

Before you all jump on me about how they have their hands full at the moment dealing, I understand that but would have at least expected an auto responder

Many thanks 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

I don't know it anyone can help me. I have been emailing my Cruise Consultant for two weeks now but I don't receive a response. I have tried calling him and I get a message saying this number doesn't exist. Does anyone have an email address for me to cancel my booking. 

Before you all jump on me about how they have their hands full at the moment dealing, I understand that but would have at least expected an auto responder

Many thanks 

Call the general reservation number. 866-234-7350. 

Many consultants and “good travel agents” have been laid off. TAs don’t make money processing refunds. So a good TA that expects to stay in business in the future will put a minimal staff on refunds now. These are extraordinary times. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Call the general reservation number. 866-234-7350. 

Many consultants and “good travel agents” have been laid off. TAs don’t make money processing refunds. So a good TA that expects to stay in business in the future will put a minimal staff on refunds now. These are extraordinary times. 

Our PCC has been working from home for over a month already. He is in lockdown.

3 hours ago, KateQ22003 said:

I am sure there have been a lot of cruise agents furloughed at this time. I would call their general number and deal with any agent you can get on the phone.

That's what I did and they answered pretty quickly.

A couple of years ago the PCC I had been using for years, stopped answering my emails & his phone number no longer worked. When I called the main number, I found out he was no longer with NCL.

Check one of the PR emails from NCL corporate - is your PCC name and number still at the bottom?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gershep said:

I did hear of a lot of lay offs.

Last I heard, salaried employees were furloughed, not laid off.  4 day work week, so 20% pay cut.  Pretty common action when a company needs to preserve salary costs.  I have no idea if cruise consultants are salaried or commission or a little of both.

10 minutes ago, mianmike said:

Data point:  I can confirm your PCC was not reassigned to work on calculating my FCC.  Still waiting.  😉

Hmmm,,, our cruise cancelled on 30 Mar 20 with the second round of suspensions. We got our FCC offer on 03 Apr 20. 

My consultant is from Miami, mailed him twice, no answer. Then he called me to confirm that my cruise was canceled by them. When I asked why he didnt answer my mails, he told me there was a lot of work and not enough people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jillsyjill2 said:

I actually got a call from a cruise consultant which I thought was weird during a pandemic so I said no thank you and hung up

Same here. I went on the NCL site Monday night to get the phone number to cancel my Dec 202 cruise. I called and cancelled and the next morning I got a call from a number in Fort Lauderdale. I didn't recognize the number and ignored it. They did leave me a voicemail thanking me for visiting the NCL site and invited me to call back to speak to Edwin so he could let me in on the fabulous specials they are running at the moment.

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures...

Jim

2 hours ago, JimS4210 said:

They did leave me a voicemail thanking me for visiting the NCL site and invited me to call back to speak to Edwin so he could let me in on the fabulous specials they are running at the moment.

Edwin is a good guy.  He hasn’t called in a couple months. I was wondering if he was on the chopping block.

Emailed our PCC a week ago about our May Alaska cruise that I can't fathom how it could proceed, with Seattle and Canada being closed.  Got a response back pretty quick, but it was just a canned "we are working with local authorities, rapidly evolving situation, blah blah blah" response.