APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?

edl868

22 minutes ago, ireashmott said:

Carnival has now reversed all of the refunds that had been posted to our credit card. Anyone else have this issue? 

We had two cabins booked for a March 16th sailing. We cancelled on March 13th pursuant to the policy and asked for a full refund. 

Wow. That blows . Have you called ? 

28 minutes ago, ireashmott said:

Carnival has now reversed all of the refunds that had been posted to our credit card. Anyone else have this issue? 

We had two cabins booked for a March 16th sailing. We cancelled on March 13th pursuant to the policy and asked for a full refund. 

Wow...hasn't happened to me and I've had one big refund since last week and the other just this week.

You didn't ORIGINALLY dispute the charges with your credit card company/bank, did you?  If you disputed and then Carnival (and not your CC/bank) issued a refund, that MIGHT be causing some issues.

Definitely would call them and ask to speak to a supervisor or someone in accounting.  That's definitely unacceptable.

Edited by DWolf2020

I have emailed their customer care team and will try calling them tomorrow when they re-open. 

No, we didn’t previously dispute the charge with our credit card company. 

I can’t think of why they would reverse the refund. 

55 minutes ago, ireashmott said:

Whoa!  That's bad news.  When did the refunds appear and when were they reversed?

On 4/28/2020 at 12:23 PM, Calnev1 said:

This kind of detail (i.e., cruise date, cancellation date, refund request date, type of initial payment) is extremely helpful!  Thank you very much!

I am expecting partial refunds (the taxes/fees portions of the cruises), and I paid initially by gift cards, so am particularly interested in those experiences as well.

Following as I have 75% of my full refund request coming back in gift cards.  Sailing was for 4/19, talked directly with a CCL rep  who put my cancellation in place.  She also told me that the original link sent via email when our sailing was cancelled did not work for many who still think their refunds are pending. I was one of them and had I not called, well, nothing would be happening right now as far as refund goes.

On 4/28/2020 at 7:26 PM, WorkerBee74 said:

Definitely looks like they are going by cruise date.  Please start mentioning cruise date in your reponses...

We were due to sail April 10, cancelled March 11 and still haven't got ours, but if I go by the person who was sailing March 25 I'm expecting refund mid-May if they are going by cruise date.

I will post again when I get it.

Has ANYONE sailing in April-May-onward got theirs yet?  If not, that's our answer - by sail date.

I see some April cruises are starting to be refunded. I’m still waiting for my March 22 refund.  So I’m not sure they are going by sail date. Why would they start April when March cruise still need refunded. My dad and sister haven’t received their March 23 refund yet either. 

This has me concerned as well. We had a back to back with the first one being the end of March and then an April cruise. We have yet to see anything responded. You would think they would be going by the cruise date. We asked to have both cruises  refunded as we already had plans for this October and a different cruise line planned next year. We have yet to see any refunds and we had both canceled the phone call not trusting the form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Well, I just checked my account, and my refunds have landed, so it seems that they are now refunding April cruises. Very happy. 😎

When did you have the refund(s) submitted?  I would guess it was before 3/16 as every single refund processed so far (from what I can find) was ordered before 3/16.

2 hours ago, ksmcdonald said:

I see some April cruises are starting to be refunded. I’m still waiting for my March 22 refund.  So I’m not sure they are going by sail date. Why would they start April when March cruise still need refunded. My dad and sister haven’t received their March 23 refund yet either. 

It's entirely possible that they are batching the refunds for each employee that is processing them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Carkebe said:

Carnival cancelled our cruise for September so if they're going by sail date I will be waiting a very long time! Not happy!

Woah nellie! Are you saying you had a September, 2020 sailing booked, and Carnival has cancelled it?? What ship and what port of embarkation? 

I ask because we have a September, 2020 sailing on the Freedom out of Galveston. 

Edited by Joe817

1 hour ago, ajwozney2760 said:

When did you have the refund(s) submitted?  I would guess it was before 3/16 as every single refund processed so far (from what I can find) was ordered before 3/16.

I had a B2B. The first leg, on April 5, was cancelled around March 16. I recieved the email, and filled it out for the 100%FCC and $600 OBC. Then around March 30, they cancelled the second leg, on April 11, and I once again filled out the form for the 100% FCC and $600 OBC. I then called my PVP and told her what cruise I wanted to transfer all my FCC and OBC to (a 14 day Journey cruise). She did that, and sent me the receipt showing I had a $914 balance. I still had $1600 in refunds coming, so I figured I would just pay off balance when they landed. A few days later I recieved another receipt from Carnival showing I now had a zero balance. I called my PVP back, and she confirmed that they used a portion of my refunds to pay off balance, and the rest would land to be credit card. So, that conversation was early April, and refunds landed today. I hope this time line helps.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

It's entirely possible that they are batching the refunds for each employee that is processing them.

I doubt it because I received my. Cheers package refund two weeks ago but no cruise refund or port/taxes refund. If one employee was handling my case, why would they only credit my Cheers?  

40 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Woah nellie! Are you saying you had a September, 2020 sailing booked, and Carnival has cancelled it?? What ship and what port of embarkation? 

I ask because we have a September, 2020 sailing on the Freedom out of Galveston. 

Our September 2020 cruise was cancelled as well, but it was from San Francisco...and to my knowledge, all cruises from SF were cancelled for ALL of 2020.

Garnett

15 minutes ago, ksmcdonald said:

I doubt it because I received my. Cheers package refund two weeks ago but no cruise refund or port/taxes refund. If one employee was handling my case, why would they only credit my Cheers?  

That’s interesting because I have the opposite.  They have refunded the cruise but still waiting for Cheers and specialty dining.  We were in the Horizon 3/15 but canceled 3/13.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ksmcdonald said:

From what I've been reading on here it sounds like they have two groups of employees, one working on cruise refunds and the other on Funshop purchases, but all we can do is guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Our September 2020 cruise was cancelled as well, but it was from San Francisco...and to my knowledge, all cruises from SF were cancelled for ALL of 2020.

Garnett

Ahhh, that explains it. Thanks for the clarification. I agree. 

50 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

We have a Sept 14 sailing on the Dream from Galveston  Something does not sound right ?

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

All Carnival Radiance sailing through November 1st. Ours was Sept 20th out of NYC.