FCC Refund Question

tcdcruiser

Searched without success for this answer and found the PCL site less than clear....

A FCC was used many months ago to reserve a "non-refundable" cruise fare. The cruise is more than 175 days in the future and no other payments have been applied.   Under the revised PCL cancellation policy will they refund or reinstate the FCC?

I understand if the answer is no, in fact that is what I expect....but would appreciate the answer.  Thanks

42 minutes ago, tcdcruiser said:

Searched without success for this answer and found the PCL site less than clear....

A FCC was used many months ago to reserve a "non-refundable" cruise fare. The cruise is more than 175 days in the future and no other payments have been applied.   Under the revised PCL cancellation policy will they refund or reinstate the FCC?

I understand if the answer is no, in fact that is what I expect....but would appreciate the answer.  Thanks

If you are speaking of an FCC ... 

The entire cruise fare is usually not non-refundable ... it should just be the deposit that is non-refundable.  So, if you cancel this booking, the FCC should be replenished under your respective accounts if it is not past its expiration date.  You probably won't, however, be able to get a refund of cash for it, though.  

If you are referring to a FCD that you purchased for $100 pp while onboard ...

It will depend ... you may be able to transfer it to another booking.  You may lose it, though.  

8 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

1.Was this an FCC (issued by Princess to you) or an FCD (purchased by you onboard for $100)?

2.  Are you certain this was a NR fare and not a NR deposit?

3. Does your cruise start before Oct. 15 and how many days long is it?

1 - Purchased onboard.   $100 for me and $100 for DW.   Total $200 

2 - Was a "non-refundable deposit" 

3 - Cruise starts 9/26/2020

The monies are FCD

Thanks 

Edited by tcdcruiser

44 minutes ago, tcdcruiser said:

1 - Purchased onboard.   $100 for me and $100 for DW.   Total $200 

2 - Was a "non-refundable deposit" 

3 - Cruise starts 9/26/2020

The monies are FCD

Thanks 

In the past I have been told by Princess that as a courtesy FCD would go back into my account if I cancelled cruise booked with a non refundable deposit. Times may have changed. Call them and ask re. Your situation. 

Tcdcruiser, your FCD became a NR deposit, which when cancelled becomes your penalty amount.

However, your cruise falls into the ‘booked before Apr30 and occurs Aug1-Oct15’ group which means your penalty amount (FCD) will be re-issued as FCC.  

You probably* lose the onboard credit and it’s not refundable in cash, but you keep the value to be used on a future cruise by 12/31/2021.

*In the past if you canceled one cruise and at the same time booked a replacement cruise, you could usually transfer the FCD to the new booking.  But these are not usual times and I’m not sure if you can do this these days.  Worth trying if you know when and where you want to use it...and you keep the OBC.