New CDC cruise restrictions

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

What I do know is that the revision your yahoo link talks about was before the April 9 signing that stated the 100 days and a review of the Federal Register...

It's not "my" yahoo link, but simply something I read and posted.  I really don't care what the Fed timeline on this is.  I just thought it might interest some that the White House appears to have intervened on the cruise industry's behalf.

• Like 2

This may have been mentioned previously, but I see that Regent has all cruises until early July as waitlist - so they are probably not selling those sailings in anticipation of cancelling.  In another thread I mentioned the '20% off' offer which I received by email from Regent yesterday.  The first available cruise in that select group is early July, and includes some Alaska sailings.  It will be interesting to see what develops with regard to the revised Order, and whether Regent will be able to proceed with the July Alaska sailings.

Carnival made this announcement

In addition to the cancellation of all sailings through June 26, Carnival confirmed the cancellation of any voyages planned for the Carnival Sunrise through Oct. 19; any voyages planned for the Carnival Legend through Oct. 30; and any voyages for the Carnival Radiance through Nov. 1. All San Francisco sailings, scheduled on any ship, have also been canceled through the end of 2020

14 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

The new CDC Order was published in Federal Register today (https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2020-04-15/pdf/2020-07930.pdf. starting on page 21004).  So, unless HHS rescinds the Health Emergency that was invoked on 31 January, the order will stand until 24 July.

Marc

or (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies
the order based on specific public health or other
considerations;

Quoted from the order

Edited by rallydave

24 minutes ago, rallydave said:

or (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies
the order based on specific public health or other
considerations;

Quoted from the order

I can't imagine CDC rescinding the order on its own without HHS rescinding the Emergency Order; however, I can see CDC modifying or extending this order.

42 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Wendy, what is the scuttlebutt in Canada?  Will the government cancel the entire summer and fall cruising season there?

Nothing on that here, that I've heard.  As a country, we're concentrating on keeping ourselves safe.  Daily updates from the PM, mostly about PPE, and testing, and economic incentives and aid to the unemployed.  I doubt it's on their minds right now, although there will be lobbyists...

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer