How Does the Dr. Note Affect a Cabin of Three?

We have a cabin of three traveling in late July.  One of us is over 70 with diabetes (but it is very controlled).  IF the cruise actually goes, we still don't know what we will do, but can anyone give insight on what would happen to the pricing if only two of us decide to go?  We have only paid non refundable deposits at this time.

Just now, Bucket29 said:

We have a cabin of three traveling in late July.  One of us is over 70 with diabetes (but it is very controlled).  IF the cruise actually goes, we still don't know what we will do, but can anyone give insight on what would happen to the pricing if only two of us decide to go?  We have only paid non refundable deposits at this time.

Everyone can cancel up to 48 hours in advance and get a 100% FCC.  

You can also get a full full refund for the third guest up to 30 days prior to sailing if the other 2 still want to go. The non refundable deposit isn’t an issue for the third guest. 

this happened to us once when the third person dropped out. The other two of us  had an increase in our rate and we  were able to keep the same cabin. Just to be sure why don’t you check with your travel agent. 

On 4/10/2020 at 5:43 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Everyone can cancel up to 48 hours in advance and get a 100% FCC.  

You can also get a full full refund for the third guest up to 30 days prior to sailing if the other 2 still want to go. The non refundable deposit isn’t an issue for the third guest. 

Any idea what Air2Sea would do about refunding flights for everyone with the same 48 hour notice.  And what about flights on non Air2Sea bookings.  Also would the FCC be transferable as the one with health issues may never cruise again.  I am a little concerned about a DR note for myself, I turn 70 in June and have two cruises booked for Nov. My last trip to a Doctor was 62 years ago when I broke my arm.  Not kidding,  I have not been to a Doctor in 62 years, unless a Dentist will give me a note. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

8 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Any idea what Air2Sea would do about refunding flights for everyone with the same 48 hour notice.  And what about flights on non Air2Sea bookings.  Also would the FCC be transferable as the one with health issues may never cruise again.  I am a little concerned about a DR note for myself, I turn 70 in June and have two cruises booked for Nov. My last trip to a Doctor was 62 years ago when I broke my arm.  Not kidding,  I have not been to a Doctor in 62 years, unless a Dentist will give me a note. 

Sorry, not sure on Air 2 Sea.  I know if Royal cancels then refundable air is fully refunded with non refundable air you are referred to the cruise line and have to go by their policies. It was stated that they will allow over 70 YO’s that are unable to sail to be able to transfer FCC’s to someone who can. 

The big big difference with the air is refundable vs non refundable. 

6 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I am a little concerned about a DR note for myself, I turn 70 in June and have two cruises booked for Nov. My last trip to a Doctor was 62 years ago when I broke my arm.  Not kidding,  I have not been to a Doctor in 62 years, unless a Dentist will give me a note. 

WOW. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin: I thought I was bad about going to the doctor. You have me beat by a long, long ways. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Haha 1