Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

He could if he lived within 10kms of it or 5kms under new regs for 8 LGAs.

Thats IF he obeys the rules…..he gives me the impression he might be one of those anti vax protester..you cannot tell me what to do types. 🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

He could if he lived within 10kms of it or 5kms under new regs for 8 LGAs.

I have a memory of him saying he lives in south Western Sydney. If that was true that would put him 15-20km away so well out of range. 

29 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I have a memory of him saying he lives in south Western Sydney. If that was true that would put him 15-20km away so well out of range. 

Not if he was a Covidiot, lol. Rules don't apply to them, well so they think.👮‍♂️

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

He said he goes to silverwater speedboat club, I asked if he lives under the bridge on James Ruse drive with the other trolls.

This is a job for @NSWP  Top priority under cover,like I’m talking shoot outs in a dark aley.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

He said he goes to silverwater speedboat club, I asked if he lives under the bridge on James Ruse drive with the other trolls.

This is a job for @NSWP  Top priority under cover,like I’m talking shoot outs in a dark aley.

You mean like Roger the Dodger?🤣👮‍♀️👮‍♂️

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@gbenjo

Hey Benjo

Garden Island has built a new wharf over the last couple of years.

Whats your thoughts on it being used for cruise ships?

It is in the public area of Garden island and  it would be better than athol bay.

What are your thoughts?

09C08753-32C2-47FA-A479-288C17C52840.thumb.jpeg.a84e1e3439714b39c3faabe0514e05bc.jpeg

For the number of times  Athol Buoy is used,. it is irrelevant  really . Let the navy keep GI if they want it, its no big deal and the Govt(s) seem more intent on destroying the industry rather than supporting it. Right now I would much rather just see one cruise ship at the OPT.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

For the number of times  Athol Buoy is used,. it is irrelevant  really . Let the navy keep GI if they want it, its no big deal and the Govt(s) seem more intent on destroying the industry rather than supporting it. Right now I would much rather just see one cruise ship at the OPT.

I doubt they will have the money for a new terminal at botany.

I thought it maybe a possibly for smaller ship such as Radiance .

Checkin somewhere else and a ferry to Garden island.

The baggage and provisions could be trucked in.

31 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I doubt they will have the money for a new terminal at botany.

I thought it maybe a possibly for smaller ship such as Radiance .

Checkin somewhere else and a ferry to Garden island.

The baggage and provisions could be trucked in.

Not worth worrying about and once Brisbane fires up there   will be another option and the demand will be spread more between the two ports. Lets get cruising going again first 

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

But with many of the older and smaller ships having been sold there will be more pressure on the OPT as the newer, bigger ships can't fit under the bridge.

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But with many of the older and smaller ships having been sold there will be more pressure on the OPT as the newer, bigger ships can't fit under the bridge.

There’s probably just a handful of ships that will fit under the bridge.

I don’t think the P&O one will.

10 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Not worth worrying about and once Brisbane fires up there   will be another option and the demand will be spread more between the two ports. Lets get cruising going again first 

But to be honest Brisbane doesn’t have much appeal for international tourism  .It doesn’t have the harbour ,doesn’t have the rocks,beaches in the city and doesn’t have Graham Benjo to check you in.

Its always going to be a second destination.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Pacific Explorer, the old Dawn Princess, can sail to White Elephant.

That’s two, then there’s Regent,Azamara ,HAL 

Not a awful lot.

Sell it to developers and build a new one, That would pay for it.

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think the pressure on the OPT will be relieved a bit once Brisbane starts as there will be options for the cruise lines and guests  and the schedules are planned years in advance to avoid this sort of thing  and who knows what the procedures will be once we start back. A big ship could still moor at Athol Buoy and use White  Bay for check in if need be but only as a last resort and would be no more real problem logistically than Garden Island which is what we have been discussing. Unless the Navy move, and we know they wil not, GI would only ever be a stop gap option and  Port Botany is the only real long term solution.