Do I get my NRD back if Celebrity cancels?

FliLady

Hello, 

We have a large group cruise booked for the end of July.  Final payment is due next week and we had a NRD for 250pp.  If we cancel, our deposit goes for FCC.   If we make final payment and Celebrity cancels (which I’m sure they will) will we get our deposit refunded as well or do we lose it?  We are not interested in FCC and would prefer a refund, but not sure how Celebrity is handling it.  Thanks!

Celebrity has cancelled many cruises.

Unfortunately (as far as I can read on the boards) no one has gotten a 

100% refund. Yes, some got taxes and fees, drink package etc but 

NOT the cruise refunded from Celebrity. Some got refunds from

their credit cards by filling a dispute. BUT this is a time sensitive

issue from when you paid for the cruise and when you file your 

dispute. Some got FCCs but cash is hard to obtain. 

I was fully refunded on a celebrity-initiated cancellation.  It was a booked after final payment date so paid in full.  I got cruise + taxes + celebrity air.  We didn't have any other pre-paid shore ex, dining, etc.  No FCC.  I opened a dispute with Chase online and got an immediate temporary credit (I had not yet paid the bill where the original charge was due).  A few weeks later, the Celebrity credit was issued and the dispute closed.  The only telephone interaction through the whole process was a status inquiry to Celebrity ("in process").  2 days later the credit posted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jc719 said:

I was fully refunded on a celebrity-initiated cancellation.  It was a booked after final payment date so paid in full.  I got cruise + taxes + celebrity air.  We didn't have any other pre-paid shore ex, dining, etc.  No FCC.  I opened a dispute with Chase online and got an immediate temporary credit (I had not yet paid the bill where the original charge was due).  A few weeks later, the Celebrity credit was issued and the dispute closed.  The only telephone interaction through the whole process was a status inquiry to Celebrity ("in process").  2 days later the credit posted.

Hi,

Congratulations on getting your refund.

I have seen many going this route and being successful.

Unfortunately for me, I paid for my 2 cruise (B2B for almost a month) in December

2019. We plan ahead (ERROR) and probably cannot dispute the charge. I may

try???

The FAQ online and the form I filled out to request the info both say 30 days.   I will wait for the 30 days to expire before pushing on this.   I canceled on 3/26.  My reservation is still showing in my account.

Edited by wrk2cruise

They said today in the TA webinar that:

1-refunds are taking 3 weeks (Huh?!  It's been 3 weeks for mine and still no refund.)

2-they expect to have the rest of the first round of refunds done this week (Really?  I hope so!)
3-they expect that the no-cruise-date will be extended at least 30 days from May 11 (Unofficially said this.)