My rescheduled cruise cancelled. ? about $600

amypintx

We were supposed to cruise March 14 and it was the first round cancelled by Carnival. We took the FCC and $600 OBC and applied it to a new sailing June 7. Now with the new round of cancellations, we're looking to reschedule again. I've got a call in to my PVP but wondering if anyone else has experienced this so I know what to expect. I feel like technically I shouldn't lose my original $600 OBC because they cancelled again. Would I/did you get $1200 to a new booking or just $600???

I think you lose the current $600. It was incentive to book and you booked a date you had a pretty good idea would be cancelled.. I think if you rebook its still with $600, but your pvp will know. Since you arent taking that cruise I would assume the incentive goes away.

If someone got to rebook close in like you to get cancelled again, maybe they will post their experience ? I'd be interested to see if they got double obc to book another cruise.

Edited by firefly333

Your original FCC and you $600 gets moved to the new cruise.  If you paid an additional deposit for the 2nd canceled cruise that would be an additional FCC.

Let's hope Carnival stays in business....it's not time to get greedy.  IMHO, the $600 is a very generous gift.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

you booked a date you had a pretty good idea would be cancelled.. 

Thank you for your response with the exception of this unnecessary comment. I rebooked immediately after the original cancellation in March before everything had blown up to what it is now. At the time, I did not have "a pretty good idea" that it would be cancelled. It's not necessary to presume that you know what I did and did not know or what anyone could have known for sure on March 15th.

• Like 5

Since my rebooked cruise from May to Aug is only a 5-nighter, we'll get $300 OBC.

But I called Carnival to check where/how we can see the $300 OBC on Carnival's website once we logged in.

She said it won't show up until we board the ship & it'll be on the Carnival app then.

Guess until then, it's sorta like "Trust us..."

Does that doesn't sound right?

11 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Since my rebooked cruise from May to Aug is only a 5-nighter, we'll get $300 OBC.

But I called Carnival to check where/how we can see the $300 OBC on Carnival's website once we logged in.

She said it won't show up until we board the ship & it'll be on the Carnival app then.

When I rebooked my April cruise to September, I received an email showing my $600 OBC.  If you log on to your account and bring up your documents as if you are going to print them, you should see the OBC. It's under the itemized charges box.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

When I rebooked my April cruise to September, I received an email showing my $600 OBC.  If you log on to your account and bring up your documents as if you are going to print them, you should see the OBC.

Thanks for the info.

Just printed out.  First 2 pages are our board passes.  Last 2 pages are luggage tags.

It doesn't say $300 OBC anywhere.

Where is it on the board pass specifically?

Thanks,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks for the info.

Just printed out.  First 2 pages are our board passes.  Last 2 pages are luggage tags.

It doesn't say $300 OBC anywhere.

Where is it on the board pass specifically?

Thanks,

When you went to print documents, did you also choose to print additional documents?

RECOMMENDED DOCUMENTS FOR EMBARKATION

Print Luggage Tags
Print Boarding Passes
Individual Boarding Passes

ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS

Print General Information
  • Booking Summary (detailed departure, itinerary, and guest information)
  • Invoice (billing statement)
  • Purchased Services (spa, shore excursions, transfers)
  • Travel Notes (helpful cruising tips and "Know Before You Go" information)
Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, amypintx said:

We were supposed to cruise March 14 and it was the first round cancelled by Carnival. We took the FCC and $600 OBC and applied it to a new sailing June 7. Now with the new round of cancellations, we're looking to reschedule again. I've got a call in to my PVP but wondering if anyone else has experienced this so I know what to expect. I feel like technically I shouldn't lose my original $600 OBC because they cancelled again. Would I/did you get $1200 to a new booking or just $600???

C'mon now... Just $600 per cabin.

*The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is based on the cancellation fees retained by Carnival for this voyage, including Fly2Fun air if applicable. FCC and Onboard Credit (OBC) are combinable with all Carnival-offered fares, are non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, have no cash value, and must be redeemed on a Carnival Cruise Line sailing departing by 12/31/2022. The FCC/OBC may only be used toward one (1) booking in the same currency in which the above voyage was originally paid. FCC cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, onboard charges or gratuities and any unused portion will be forfeited. New OBC offer replaces any previous OBC offer and applies to new booking if made by 12/31/20. The booking guest shall be responsible for payment of the difference between the amount of the FCC and the amount of the new booking if higher. After you have booked your cruise, please use this link to provide us with the new booking information so we can process your FCC.

17 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

When you went to print documents, did you also choose to print additional documents?

Yes, just printed out all 8 pages.

Still don't see the OBC

Guess they didn't apply OBC yet?

Wait a few more days for it to show up, or need to call them now?

Also, can u pls tell us specifically on which page & exactly where OBC is printed at so we can tell Carnival it's not printed on our documents so it's not applied...?

Thanks,

Edited by NavyCruiser
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Still don't see the OBC

Also, can u pls tell us specifically on which page & exactly where OBC is printed at so we can tell Carnival it's not printed on our documents so it's not applied...?

Thanks,

When I print the additional documents, it is on page 2

ITEMIZED CHARGES

CRUISE CHARGES  2,116.00

Cruise Rate

Taxes, Fees, Port Expenses and Fuel Supplement* 241.28

Total Cruise Charges 2,357.28

OPTIONAL CHARGES

Prepaid Gratuities 223.84

TOTAL CHARGES 2,581.12

All prices quoted in USD

Onboard Credit: USD 700.00

Edited by TNcruising02

2 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks for the replies.

Our itemized charges doesn't show OBC.

We'll call Carnival then.
Thanks,

My on board credit was directly under the itemized box.  If it doesn't show on yours, I would call.  If a representative can have it added for one person, they should be able to add it for everyone.  I think some representatives are better than others.  I got lucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amypintx said:

Thank you for your response with the exception of this unnecessary comment. I rebooked immediately after the original cancellation in March before everything had blown up to what it is now. At the time, I did not have "a pretty good idea" that it would be cancelled. It's not necessary to presume that you know what I did and did not know or what anyone could have known for sure on March 15th.

Ok I booked for may with the expectation I'd get cancelled and have extra incentive to rebook. I was pretty sure. Sorry if i assumed you knew. I have seen quite a few posters who booked expecting to get cancelled. I've got multiple cruises next year to apply the fcc to. I took advantage, though tbh I was hoping to cruise in april when I booked it, cant match the great last minute price I got next year.

1 hour ago, NavyCruiser said:

Still don't see the OBC

Thanks,

Mine showed up right away. But it sounds like different people have had different lengths to be able to see it.

2 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Our OBC showed up in a day.